Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 226

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @pezhed and @lisapower123 I wanted to update you both. So I bought the travel scale that Pezhed mentioned in round 223. As you may of may not know, I am pretty nuts in my scales. I own three identical (one at each residence), that have been checked against each other, and years ago I verified them against the uber expensive scales used in the numerous WW centers I worked in.

That said, I put the Renpho travel scale through its paces. First out of the box, of course I did not read instructions. I put the batteries in and stepped on it. Yes, it was off. Well, if I read the instructions, it tells you to calibrate (very easy) any time it is moved. Anyhow, scale then was an exact match. I used for a few days, and then took it to Maine and used there (verified against that scale), and then brought it back to Mass last night. It is very well matched, and easy to use. I am excited. I will have to be smart on my packing for Scotland so that I make sure I fit it in my suitcase. :)

I am also having fun with its other data which you can only get if you sync the app. Not fully sure what I think of that data, and will be doing some research on this. I do have my Dexafit data from a month ago, when I was nominally higher in weight, and there are differences. I'll be looking into the significance. I just put up a post seeing what insights the MFP community might have for me. If you are curious, or even have opinions, here is my very new post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892602/dexascan-and-renpho-what-do-i-trust/p1?new=1

@SModa61 I use Renpho at home. I didn't read the directions but I do tap my toe on it about 2 times each side to zero it out each time before I step on. Does that calibrate it or do I need to do something different? Thanks for the info.

@deepwoodslady for mine, you press on it until you see some numbers. take your foot off and "CAL" will appear followed by "0.0". it is then re-calibrated.