Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 226

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 I'm glad you found consistency between the travel and home scales! I definitely have to take a meaningless weight first after moving it and then I can take one that counts. I often repeat just to verify and have found consistency after the first nonsense weight. My home scale is also Renpho, so I've seen the other data. It's fun to see but I don't take it very seriously. I actually haven't synced that info in a while, but I can see a BF% decrease over time (not huge, just 26% to 24% but it's been fairly consistent with some bumps and dips).
  • BringIt2023
    BringIt2023 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @felicityb2026 - I had that same disappointed feeling last round, then I just stayed on track and the next thing I knew had dropped a couple of pounds. Stick with it!

@SModa61 - thank you so much for the travel scale review! I am going away at the end of July/beginning of August and already have this low-level anxiety about blowing all this hard work. Being able to weigh myself, and my food, will alleviate that. YAY!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    AR10at50 wrote: »
    There is a lady that has a book (Elenor Burns) called Quilt in a Day

I love Eleanor’s methods and have a few of her books. I took a class with her in Paducah one year - about an 18” table topper. I didn’t care for the fabric they supplied and it took me about 10 years to finish! LOL
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,855 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

@SModa61 I use Renpho at home. I didn't read the directions but I do tap my toe on it about 2 times each side to zero it out each time before I step on. Does that calibrate it or do I need to do something different? Thanks for the info.

@deepwoodslady for mine, you press on it until you see some numbers. take your foot off and "CAL" will appear followed by "0.0". it is then re-calibrated.
    [/quote]

@SModa61 Thanks for the info. That is what I'm doing now basically so it's probably very accurate for me, unfortunately lol.
  • felicityb2026
    felicityb2026 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk @BringIt2023 , I will take your advice and stay determined 💪🏼 🙌🏼
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    pezhed wrote: »
    @SModa61 I'm glad you found consistency between the travel and home scales! I definitely have to take a meaningless weight first after moving it and then I can take one that counts. I often repeat just to verify and have found consistency after the first nonsense weight. My home scale is also Renpho, so I've seen the other data. It's fun to see but I don't take it very seriously. I actually haven't synced that info in a while, but I can see a BF% decrease over time (not huge, just 26% to 24% but it's been fairly consistent with some bumps and dips).

@pezhed Thanks for sharing your experience. I am pleased with the scale. If I do the calibrate first after moving, the greatest differential has been .2 and it does not measure to the .1. And the .2, has been rare.

@Bringit2023 That is exactly how I am feeling about my scotland trip in the fall. Hubby says that we are spending so much and not to worry. I want to enjoy me trip but have no regrets when I get home. I plan to enjoy myself, but just need to make choices. One of my favorite dining out tricks is two appetizers. One for appetizer, and one for dinner. I get two fun creative dishes, that are small, and not buttered green beans and mashed potatoes on the side that ups my calories. Then I love having a decaf cappuccino as "desert".