Lose 10 lbs in September Challenge

Options

Replies

• jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!!! :DD Logged in at 170.2lbs! I'm down 1.4lbs this week! I can't believe I've lost over 5 lbs so far in this challenge, I probably wont hit the 10lbs mark but I'm pretty happy for even making it to the halfway mark. :D

1. WATER, WATER, WATER! : Piece of pie, Piece of cake. XD lol

2. 1,500 stairs between Friday morning and next Thursday evening... Whooooo, yeah... XD Don't know if I can hit this one but I'll try my best! Wait... does the stair stepper thing at my gym count? If so I think I can do it. :)

3. Share here on the thread at least one NSV (non-scale victory) that you have for the month of September.

I finally fit back into my 11/12 jeans and more so they're loose!!! :D
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've gone back in time to July's challenge when I only lost 4 lbs total and then came back to be the top loser last month. Maybe that'll mean that October will be a great month for me?!?!?! Anyway, time to make THIS WEEK really count!

Water is never a problem; I drink at least 16 glasses every day!

Hmmm...stairs...hmmm...bad knees...hmmm...the wave machine is kind of like a stair master...I'll give it my best try!

I'll come back with the NSV at the end of the week; I will have to think on it!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will probably have trouble with the stairs I only have the ones at home, which only has 16 steps.

I was wondering, stairs does it only count when you go up (for me it would be 16steps) or when you go up and down ( for me it would be 32 steps)?

to hit 215 stairs a day you would only have to go up and down about 8 times. I think that you can easily do that in a day.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Down 2.2 lbs this week. I am totally going to try to do the stairs challenge. As always water is no problem for me.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I will probably have trouble with the stairs I only have the ones at home, which only has 16 steps.

I was wondering, stairs does it only count when you go up (for me it would be 16steps) or when you go up and down ( for me it would be 32 steps)?

to hit 215 stairs a day you would only have to go up and down about 8 times. I think that you can easily do that in a day.

It's all up. down doesn't count
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tell me what you guys think about my mini-challenge ideas thus far...

I think for the last week of September we're going to do some sort of stairs challenge - like - climb so many stairs throughout the week.

October I'm looking at putting together something with a boot camp theme where we start off in "basic training" with a somewhat small amount of exercises that someone in boot camp might do and then add more reps each week.

Then in November I'm thinking about doing the 10 lb Turkey Trot and the goal for the month would be to get in so many miles of physical activity - not just running, walking, cycling - but any kind of activity you do...there's an activity converter through America on the move that I think we could use.

Nothing is final yet, so if you have any other suggestions, please message me and let me know. I just don't want anyone to get stuck in a rut and drop out of the challenge because it's boring or anything! :smile:

Sounds like a great plan to get us through to Thanksgiving!!! Thanks!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Only going up the stairs counts if you're doing actual flights of stairs, stair step machines at the gym are perfectly acceptable, if you don't have access to either of those, us a brick or a board or something! IMPROVISE! :)

If you are not able to do this challenge (bum knee, weak ankles, whatever) don't worry about it, you won't be penalized! Just do your best to kick *kitten* this last week!!

You all have been so much fun this month and I hope you'll all join me again next month!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well I got the exercise part down, and the water too. i drink several 20 oz water bottles a day (it tastes good to me.) I did burn 4,337 calories last thur-fri. What continues to get me is that food intake notion. When I go over, I go over. There are days that I don't sleep worth anything so i don't feel like doing much, not even house chores. And when I do have rest I'm a whirlwind around the house.

this last week through a few wrenches in the challenge for me. Right on Monday my grandmother died unexpectedly and that hit me harder then I thought it would., my husband has been home all week (he has a 3rd shift part time job). I also had company over this week end so I'm trying to figure out exercise and all that. I also got a new shift at work. I use to be 5a-1:30p now I'm 2a-10:30a and I'm still adjusting my sleep and eating around to it.

I
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Boo...I went up this week :-( I've been trying to at least maintain and have done ok with the food, but I still can't exercise for at least another week. Doctor's orders.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I had a big gain thanks to going on Vacation - but i'm back and hoping those extra pounds disappear by next Friday. :drinker:
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Another 208 stairs today, I'm motivated. It was only 12 floors. Hospital stairs rock! I am so proud of me. I hope I can keep it up. (208 going up the stairs).
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    LAST MINI-CHALLENGE (courtesy of obstacleone):

1. WATER, WATER, WATER!

2. 1,500 stairs between Friday morning and next Thursday evening...if you don't have access to a set of stairs, find a brick or a board or something that can serve as a step and count steps while watching TV or something. I personally HATE stairs, but I'll do my best to take all 4 flights every day at work when I get there and when I get back from lunch...ugh! This one will DEFINITELY be a challenge for me!!! (it comes out to about 215/day)

3. Share here on the thread at least one NSV (non-scale victory) that you have for the month of September.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :drinker:

Courtesy of Eric, really... ARGH! Eric... you infiltrate my challenges to make me do stairs anyways?!!? HAHAHA! <3

1. will do no problem
    2. will do my best
    3. havent had any... but hopefully I will.
  • obstacleone
    Options

1. WATER, WATER, WATER!

2. 1,500 stairs between Friday morning and next Thursday evening...if you don't have access to a set of stairs, find a brick or a board or something that can serve as a step and count steps while watching TV or something. I personally HATE stairs, but I'll do my best to take all 4 flights every day at work when I get there and when I get back from lunch...ugh! This one will DEFINITELY be a challenge for me!!! (it comes out to about 215/day)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :drinker:

Courtesy of Eric, really... ARGH! Eric... you infiltrate my challenges to make me do stairs anyways?!!? HAHAHA! <3

1. will do no problem
    2. will do my best
    3. havent had any... but hopefully I will.

Love you!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been dancing around my starting weight but it's certainly better than what I've done my whole life. I've been really busy this past week, unfortunately bussing around and not getting home till late, just in time to do school work, and normal work. But my dance class has been making me work really hard, so I have been getting some exercise in!

1. Actually, I'm thirsty right now. Thanks for reminding me.
    2. I run up and down my stairs at home all the time, and then at school. ;)
    3. Er.. none yet.
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted much these past couple of weeks. My weight loss is slow now that I have lost so much weight. I have been lazy in the exercise department. I know that I can't lose 10 lbs in a month anymore but I hey any loss is a good thing.

Good luck everyone!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted much these past couple of weeks. My weight loss is slow now that I have lost so much weight. I have been lazy in the exercise department. I know that I can't lose 10 lbs in a month anymore but I hey any loss is a good thing.

Good luck everyone!
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options

1. WATER, WATER, WATER! I have never had any problem with drinking plenty of water.

2. 1,500 stairs between Friday morning and next Thursday evening...if you don't have access to a set of stairs, find a brick or a board or something that can serve as a step and count steps while watching TV or something. I personally HATE stairs, but I'll do my best to take all 4 flights every day at work when I get there and when I get back from lunch...ugh! This one will DEFINITELY be a challenge for me!!! (it comes out to about 215/day) I will try to do this challenge. We will see how long my knee holds out.

3. Share here on the thread at least one NSV (non-scale victory) that you have for the month of September
    Even though I have only lost .2 for this monthly challenge, I feel that dropping a 1-2 sizes in pants and shirts is a great accomplishment. I really thought I could lose the 10 lbs, but its just not happening. I have been sick for the past 7 days, had a day long wedding yesterday with lots of food, and Im sure I could think of more excuses. But I know what I need to do, its just a matter of getting started again.
  • Bunn11
    Bunn11 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Gained 1lb :'-( Not happy!!

Ditto! -bring on those stairs!! -good luck everyone :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Thus far we're love 476.2 lbs as a team during the month of September! You all are kicking @$$!

If you're highlighted in green, that means that you're at least halfway there. Several of you have even already made it to or exceeded the 10 lb. goal!!! Keep up the great work, everyone!!

One more week of September - make it count!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Mini-challenges:

Water - Is never much of a problem for me

Stairs - Eric, I have a feeling you and I will have a love/hate relationship this week! :tongue:

NSV's - Maybe overkill here, but I've had a good month. :drinker:
    1. New 5K PR of 47:54 on the hilliest course I have ever ran
    2. Caity: "Look, Cody, there's Nick and Jana." Cody: "Wow, she looks so skinny!" I didn't actually hear this conversation, but Caity told me about it after the fact. I love seeing people I haven't seen in a while because they are always the ones that notice the most!
    3. Have lost almost 7 inches since the last time I saw my trainer 5 weeks ago - needless to say, she was a little impressed and had no hesitation telling me so.
    4. Was actually able to buy a shirt on the normal side of Maurices (my favorite store!) instead of the plus size side.