100 day Challenge #16 – Saturday June 15 2023 to Friday September 22 2023

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

I am sure that your sleep is out of whack after traveling.
    Also I remember how you were getting NO sleep basically when you were on those meds.

Totally relate to the garden getting out of control - in my case because I had no days off for 12. I just had 2 days off and got a bunch done, but not enough. We are extremely windy right now, and dropped down in temperature severely. This day last year was 42c here, this morning it was 7c. Really not good at all for my garden.
    I am ready to reseed my lettuce bed amongst other things, but the gusty winds are preventing me from being able to do that.

Due for a photo of your garden : - )
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

I am sure that your sleep is out of whack after traveling.
    Also I remember how you were getting NO sleep basically when you were on those meds.

Totally relate to the garden getting out of control - in my case because I had no days off for 12. I just had 2 days off and got a bunch done, but not enough. We are extremely windy right now, and dropped down in temperature severely. This day last year was 42c here, this morning it was 7c. Really not good at all for my garden.
    I am ready to reseed my lettuce bed amongst other things, but the gusty winds are preventing me from being able to do that.

Due for a photo of your garden : - )

@dawnbgethealthy - I have the opposite problem with weather! With temps over 100 my garden is fried except for the weeds! I'm just basically cleaning things out in hopes that the weather will cool down and I can plant more herbs to help with the Mediterranean dishes I want to cook this summer.

I'm so glad to have gotten off those meds right as my cruise started. At least the sleepless nights paid off ... I've not coughed since!

Today mammogram then later this week a follow up visit with the pulmonologist. I know there is still something wrong there but not sure I'm with the right doc yet ... though he did knock out the dry cough with the steroids and heavy dose antibiotics.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    Disappointed in this morning's wt. Biked Friday and something really irritated my hip. Super sore hip yesterday plus digestive tract is retaining, Will have to rethink the meds I'm taking for the arthritis. Retired in 2019. A year later I felt there was still "more" to my life so applied for a parttime job as, what I thought was a chef's helper ( dietary aide) at an assisted seniors' centre. Midway thru the interview I realized the 'job' was as a server ... paused, thought about stopping the interview, then thought "what the heck, let's see where this takes me". Now 2 1/2 years later I love my job. Work 3 days a week and it's hard work, but working with 80 and 90 year olds is so rewarding. But I struggle on work days because I'm right in the midst of amazing food and it's so hard to resist a taste here of cake here, a sausage there etc. But today I regroup (Thank God for Mondays!), and back to getting the next 3 lbs off.
    Dawn, I'm just ?5hrs north of you at 108/100 Mile area. Must run, start work at soon.

@Lynn__W - I retired in January 2019 as well! By September I was volunteering teaching English (ESL) to adults free through my church program Learn English Ministry 2 days per week. The students which are usually 40-80 years old are from all over the world. I love it. Definitely gives me something that feels like I'm not just being self indulgent :)
    Congrats on taking the job and finding joy in it!!!

Oh and the aches and pains these days ... when will they sort themselves out? Got to keep moving! Senior mobility and all. Use it or lose it!