The Peanut Butter thread

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
Okay debate it:

Chunky or creamy?
On bread or eat it out of the jar with a spoon?
Put it in shakes?

Carry on

I like chunky and prefer to eat out of the jar.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I like chunky eaten directly from the jar. Rarely ever eat on bread - unless you have really stout bread the PB just makes a mess when you eat it.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Creamy - on celery, apple, carrots or bread.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    Chunky out of jar, on PBJ, toasted Ezekiel
    Creamier out of jar, in smoothies but are peanut butter smoothies with peanut butter plant protein, on Murasaki sweet potatoes, PBJ

I love peanut butter either way. Mostly crunchy but I use powdered peanut butter because I like volume!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Does almond butter count? Or only purists. Like almond butter in my smoothie to make it creamier, richer. It's fresh ground, so no choice of chunky
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,727 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Stick 2 fingers in deep. Be sure to lick them fingers too. Get in all them wonnerful calories. Enjoy those 2 minutes of bliss. Now add 4 tablespoons into your diary. The fun has now officially ended if you’re in Fatloss mode….
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I can always count on PB on bread to soothe an upset stomach. In fact, that's what I had for dinner tonight since my stomach was bothering me.

Alas, my days of eating PB from the jar and putting it in smoothies ended about the time I got a digital food scale and realized just how wildly off my estimation of 2 T really was...

I like creamy or chunky, but it must be PB and salt only, NOTHING ELSE.

I hate fresh tomatoes, but love BLPBs.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Creamy on a burger with dill pickles, or as a satay with chicken skewers, or as a sauce for Asian noodles.
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    PN Butter powder added to plain Greek yogurt or Old Fashion oatmeal gives a great taste boost.

Unlike @tomcustombuilder, I use a stick of celery rather than my fingers when eating out of the jar. Nothing wrong with getting the last of that yummy stuff out with your fingers though as the jar is emptied. I weigh the jar before and after to see how far off I am from the estimated 32g serving and log it. My wife and I each have our own jars for this very reason.

PN Butter (creamy or junky) on whole grain toast is my go to when I'm looking for a quick carb/calorie boost. Get some extra protein and fiber as a bonus. Putting the same amount of PN Butter on apple slices is a healthier option that is also very tasty, but lacks the satisfaction of warm food hitting my stomach.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Creamy - on celery, apple, carrots or bread.
    Celery and apple with it are good too!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Does almond butter count? Or only purists. Like almond butter in my smoothie to make it creamier, richer. It's fresh ground, so no choice of chunky

Not the same as peanut butter in flavor.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Creamy on a burger with dill pickles, or as a satay with chicken skewers, or as a sauce for Asian noodles.

We make a Filipino dish called Kare Kare with peanut butter. To die for. Tastes best with ox tail in my opinion.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Preferably crunchy! My daughter's friend smeared peanut butter on her waffle one morning and then put maple syrup on it. Oh my goodness, why hadn't I ever thought of that before?!? Add Nutella, and oh wow...Of course, a peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich...yum...Elvis Presley style it, peanut butter and bacon...!!!
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Ernest_Nigma Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I prefer creamy. I have a bag of bulk roasted, unsalted peanuts in the pantry if I want the crunch. Usually on whole wheat bread, sometimes with jam, marmalade, or honey. I occasionally spread it on toast, fresh out of the toaster so the peanut butter melts in. Rarely I might have a scoop from the jar with a knife or spoon.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    As a non-American, I've never seen the appeal, and I totally do not understand the whole PB + jelly + bread nonsense. It's so bizarre.

PB flavoring is OK, I don't mind it in protein bars and powders, but I don't seek out actual PB due to the high calories, and if I never had it again in my life I wouldn't miss it at all.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade low cal chocolate peanut butter ice cream, using PBP.

Last night, on a whim, I stuck some real peanut butter on top before blending it.

Oh, my.

Next level.

Made an absolute mess of the ice cream maker, but…… again……oh, my!!!!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    As a non-American, I've never seen the appeal, and I totally do not understand the whole PB + jelly + bread nonsense. It's so bizarre.

PB flavoring is OK, I don't mind it in protein bars and powders, but I don't seek out actual PB due to the high calories, and if I never had it again in my life I wouldn't miss it at all.

I'm American and I didn't have my first bite of a PB&J until my early 30s. I immediately handed it back to its owner. LOL. I prefer to have peanut butter occasionally in savory recipes like Indonesian chicken satay, Thai Swimming Rama, West African peanut soup, etc, but I absolutely don't do PB&J. I never understood that either. My dad occasionally makes dill pickle, peanut butter, and onion on rye sandwiches. And my Dutch husband will make peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, fried onion, and either banana or cucumber (depending on his mood) sandwiches on whatever bread is in the house (usually a whole grain). Those are less twitchy to me, but I hate rye bread and I don't think bananas should be on sandwiches. Hehe.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oooh forgot about slathering peanut butter crunchy on banana flavored ice cream!!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,408 Member
    Options
    Dark roasted crunchy, usually on an Ezekiel pita.

You do you.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-for-peanut-butter-lovers/

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png