Men: How much do you care about weight?

Options
AlyssaP1987
AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
My whole life I’ve had severe self esteem issues. Society when I was growing up showed skinny/fit women on everything. So I have always felt that in order to be beautiful/desired you have to be thin. So I want to ask, men is it really that important to you? Or is a beautiful woman a beautiful women regardless? Would you still be attracted to a girl who could afford to lose 60/80 lbs?

Replies

• Nathawesome
    Nathawesome Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me, it’s not about the looks but I want everyone to be heart healthy. I work out to keep my blood pressure down and to prevent me from getting stronger bp meds.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    My whole life I’ve had severe self esteem issues.

Statistics show skinnny fit women ....(blah, blah, blah, you fill in the rest.) It's your fault do more, etc!

Some men are not 6' tall. Same statistics, same outcomes, same feelings, and that is a life sentence.

So, of course you deserve to live your life without statistics beating you down. We all do. Society, statistics, fashion, etc. can impact an individual, but we here (and elsewhere) have tools to overcome these things and thrive as we are.

For me and many, the hardest thing is to love who I am. Good luck, and great post.

• jec7724
    jec7724 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have dated women of all sizes. It's not about the weight. It's about you as a person. It's how you present and care for yourself.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this thread. I think Dunkin nailed it. You really can't worry about the opinions of men. That would be like trying to catch the wind no matter what you look like. You only need one man, the right man, to find you attractive.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    I've rarely dated any females who were overweight, but then again I'm in the fitness industry. So for me it does matter because I'm used to seeing so many fit women around me all the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Looks fade. I can deal with a wide range of weights but I can’t deal with a wide range of bull kitten.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the men think when you have ladies? 😏 Personally I prefer an assortment of women of various sizes and hair colors. 😍 A girl needs some variety. 😏

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Who cares what the men think when you have ladies? 😏 Personally I prefer an assortment of women of various sizes and hair colors. 😍 A girl needs some variety. 😏

Too many women😡
  • Dean_IsStayinLean
    Dean_IsStayinLean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman - absolutely no doubt about it.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Personally, no, it doesn't bother me. It's the mental connection that is key. And that's something that you simply cannot tell by appearance alone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm pretty sure men, just like women have varying preferences of physical attraction. I've never been physically attracted to an overweight woman, but I also haven't ever been attracted to a "thin" woman either...or at least what I conjure in my mind when I hear the word "thin" or "skinny".

I have two really good guy friends that I've known for much of my life...guess what...all three of us have different preferences where physical attraction is concerned. Guy 1 has always been attracted to heavier women and he's in fact married to one. She's pretty, but I'm not physically attracted to her. Guy 2 has always been attracted to very thin women and he's married to one. I think she is also pretty but I'm not remotely physically attracted to her.

I have spent much of my life involved in sports and athletics and many of my interests involve outdoor physical/active recreation. Probably not coincidentally, I've always been attracted to athletic women and/or women who enjoy being physically active who tend towards athletic physiques. Also not coincidentally, my wife is a former collegiate athlete who I met on a hike with a group of friends 23 years ago.

But that's just physical attraction. Actually making a relationship work...love...marriage, etc goes a hell of a lot deeper than physical attraction. Both my wife and I have been overweight at times during our marriage and that didn't stop us from loving each other. Also, physical attraction only gets you so far. In my early 20s I dated a woman who pretty much embodied perfection physically for my preferences. She was beautiful, lean, and athletic. She was one of the top players on her university women's soccer team and did fitness modeling for one of the local gyms...she was also a raving lunatic psycho...so yeah, that was kind of a deal breaker. Me and guy 1 and guy 2 still refer to her as "Crazy Heather"
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    jbshow wrote: »
    I enjoyed reading this thread. I think Dunkin nailed it. You really can't worry about the opinions of men. That would be like trying to catch the wind no matter what you look like. You only need one man, the right man, to find you attractive.

Nah, we need whopping boatloads of them. We've got to weed through 'em, and take our pick. 🌲
    @AlyssaP1987 The less you care, the better it is. Truth. One day, you'll open your front door, and
    there they are.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be interested in someone who could lose 35 kg. Part of that is I dated someone who was morbidly obese and it's put me off dating large women. There were simply too many issues.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    @threewins Understood and appreciated. You know that old saying, lean and mean, I don't want lean and mean. Give me some brains. I'll take brains, any old day, over lean and mean.

@AlyssaP1987 Worrying about what men think, only adds to the stress. When you STOP worrying about what anyone thinks, everything will fall into place for you. The funny thing, when you fall in love, OMG, your brains fly out the window. You'll do all kinds of crazy things. You'll exercise like a maniac, and eat pinecones, dirt and shrubs to get healthier.... or lean and mean. Only don't get mean, get smarter. :D Choose wisely.

When you fall in love, all of your common sense will leave your body. Ooo, crap. So, concentrate on yourself, and the weight loss will follow, if that's what you want. The smarter they are, the harder you fall. So long now.