The Peanut Butter thread

Options
2»

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter but I became more of a sunflower seed butter person. I stopped buying it because of the calories and the "have a quick taste but with a not so quick glob on a spoon that was never logged" problem.. :)

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-for-peanut-butter-lovers/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I haz a sad now. Fifty-five recipes for "peanut butter lovers" and not a single one was a savory recipe.
  • BeanieBean93
    BeanieBean93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Crazy Richard's chunky! I eat it on top of oatmeal in the morning.

My fiance is a Jif creamy guy. And he likes it on white bread with Welch's grape jelly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Peanut butter is the best. I put that stuff on everything!
    lhxkfyncqnom.jpg

nbzbz2mb629n.jpg

kh5sroybjl2k.jpg

wp8grtibkx18.jpg

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,449 Member
    Options
    @psuLemon on those pancakes 😱

That’s brilliant!!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @psuLemon on those pancakes 😱

That’s brilliant!!!!!

Thanks. I have a ton of recipes with peanut butter. I pretty much add it to all my oats, pancakes, waffles, rice cakes, some noodles, PB&J sandwiches, etc....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Oooooh forgot about Massaman Thai curry

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I'm a chunky fan. I really like it on sprouted bread/crackers.

I'm a fan of all nut/seed butters too.

I would use a smooth variety for peanut satays/sauces (salad rolls/pad Thai recipes/African pb stew/roasted vegetables)

I'm quite the fan, so it's a little bit of a dangerous thing lol! I do have pb powder instead these days.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Just in here to stand as a non-American who could live (and probably die early) on a diet solely consisting of Crunchy Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches! Or on toast, or on a cracker. Loved it since childhood. Not really sure how it came to be a thing in my very English home some 50+ years ago before American TV was the influence it is today. 🤷‍♀️

Has to be Crunchy, preferably a good quality whole nut butter but if all there is is a supermarket jar I’m still in! Still always just the nuts and salt, although I’m not sure we get anything with the other additives in the U.K.? Certainly never been aware of it, but maybe I just know my brands 🤷‍♀️

It’s not something I indulge in often (sheer willpower) but I could, oh yes I could! 😂

Otherwise, I use it to make Satay and Asian stir fry style dishes for my husband. For me I tend to use PB2 for a modified version. I also have a Chocolate PB powder but I’ve found very limited uses for that so far. Mixed into Skyr is about it and eaten with sliced apple.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it in a long time, but I would smear it on just a Hershey bar and eat it. Dangerous.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I haven't done it in a long time, but I would smear it on just a Hershey bar and eat it. Dangerous.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I remember, as a child, seeing my mother sitting on the couch and using a Hershey's bar to scoop peanut butter straight out of the jar. I'm terrified to even consider the amount of calories. LOL.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    And so the cycle continues. I bought some peanut butter because I need to up my fats (plus bonus fiber and protein), took a tiny taste, had to even the top out, did this a few times over the past few days, didn't log even a tiny gram of it.

But, ironically, I'm more worried about the carbs than the calories.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,054 Member
    Options
    As a kid in a low-income home, my mother packed me a school lunch of a PBJ and some crackers. Every. Single. Day. For years. One of the main reasons I took a job in the school cafeteria, not for the pathetic pay check it generated, but because it included free hot meal every day. Say what you will about school food, after a decade of daily PBJ's, anything tasted terrific! Think I've eaten a PBJ twice in the three decades since, too.

Not to say I dislike peanut butter! I do enjoy it on occasion, mostly in the form of a spoonful of crunchy straight from the jar on days I need a quick snack, or if I'm low on calories for the day. Reese's are a favorite candy of mine, fully realizing they don't use true PB, lol.

Bake a batch of peanut butter cookies, however, and I will follow you around like a puppy.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,449 Member
    Options
    Inspired by somebody upthread, I microwaved half a serving of creamy peanut this morning and spread it on my chocolate pancakes, with some zero cal chocolate syrup.

I may have a new food obsession.

I was thinking “16 grams is awfully disappointing looking” but it was just enough to “butter” one end of a dozen pancakes….because I’m still rolling up my pancakes and eating them like Little Debbie’s. 😂.

Helped at the beginning and still makes breakfast seem like a forbidden treat. 👍🏻