need to vent

Options

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you are got getting the support you deserve from family. I say shame on them. but wait until you have lost more, and their eyes pop out of their head when they realize that you are so strong and so motivated and so smart to be able to do it in spite of their pessimism. glad you are finding support here! I can hardly WAIT until I drop below 200. and it IS A BIG DEAL! WOOT WOOT for you!!!!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said you can choose your friends but not your family. You can also choose not to share things with your family or simply not be around them any more than you have to. Those were horrible things for your mother and grandmother to say and I am sure it hurt you very much. Try to put it out of your mind. Don't let them win. Follow the advice of your own quote about never quitting. Good Luck!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Stay Strong... You got us!
  • sexyhottness28
    Options
    keep ur head up you are doin great.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Stay focused...you are doing awesome!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    WTF! :( I'm so sorry. Every time I hear about your unsupportive family it angers me. You should NOT be treated that way. You are a very smart and beautiful young lady, you are doing a FANTASTIC job getting fit and making healthy choices. When they put you down you keep these positive words in your head! :heart:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    YOu are doing great and keep focused. Some folks even family can be negative and/or jealous and breed discontent. Keep saying "I am doing this for my health and future and I WILL HAVE VICTORY no matter what!" Hard but it can be done.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Sorry to hear it, I know it hurts. Be proud of yourself for yourself. Don't share your progress in numbers with them anymore. Let the people here on MFP be your support, and don't ever give up, especially not because of people who make you feel bad.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's not like we can drop 50 lbs all at once, or we would all be doing that. Chin up buttercup, you have a new family here. Every little bit helps and it will add up in the end!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You can do this by yourself. I did. It's all up to you anyway. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I just don't understand some people. Just ignore them, you can get all the support you need here, and soon enough they can't say they haven't noticed!!
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    its horrible to hear things from people you are closest to. my bf told me he wouldnt notice my changes until i lost 50 pounds. so when i started i took pics and just took some today... it was great to show him and say told you so busta!! and no it doesnt take 50lbs to see a difference.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Reaching that goal of being under 200 is a great, AMAZING goal, and I am sure there are hundreds of us here who have that same goal. So I applaud you!! I try to make sure I do not discuss my weight loss goals or journey with individuals who are not supporting me. I keep that topic mine so they don't have the opportunity to try to break me down. Come here, to MFP, and we will all applaud you louder and longer, so their comments fall on deaf ears.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about not being able to choose your family like you can your friends :-) I read one time you should treat your friends like family and family like friends ... however, some family relations are toxic, and sometimes so are friends--hear that all the time on this forum.

Lots of friends here who will provide the support your family *should* provide ... your MFP family.
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    You're making awesome progress! Everyone on this website has at least one "hater" who tries to get them down about turning their lives around and making good choices. They're just jealous because they aren't able to turn their lives around for the better. Try and not let them get you down, because in the end you are going to be a stronger and healthier you. And don't worry about it, you have everyone on MFP here to support you and cheer you on the whole way (:

Stay strong and keep up the good work!
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    I am So sorry you had to hear that. ALWAYS remember that just because ANYONE says something ( especially something so negative) even if it is a family member, that does NOT mean that it is TRUE, friend.....YOu KEEP right on doing what you are doing.... They sound like they don't have anything to give, so turn to places you know you have support.....Like here...:) grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    7 lbs is a great accomplishment .. you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Keep up the good work !
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you dont' get the support you need from the people you need it from most. I am glad you have MFP too.

We are here for you and will help you celebrate every pound.

:flowerforyou:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That is pretty horrible. When you get older you will realize someday that abuse is NEVER ok, even if it's from your mom & grandma.

Perhaps just stop sharing numbers (until it's WAY below 200) and just show off clothes and challenge them to push up contests - stuff like that
    for Christmas, I'd get them Etiquette classes - but that's just me, and why I am WICKED cricket

GOOD JOB - YOU are a winner - never forget that

I agree, except for the etiquitte classes. It would just be as waste of money that you can use to buy awesome new clothes. The best revenge is living a long, happy life. You are worthy of praise and we are here to give it. Congratuations on reaching Onederland!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i hate when family is not supportive it makes me mad to see other familes not supporting there kids. But you are doing a great job and you keep it up and let the haters hate they always will :) just keep at it and prove them all wrong good job so far!!!