JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Here's an update from me, not really been tracking food as much, but been generally mindful of what I'm eating. It's not like I don't know the difference between fruit and crisps. I'm just making better choices, not all the time, but most the time.

I started a 30-day butt workout app. Every 3 days of exercise you get a rest day
    Tbh I wasn't gonna post about it because ive.probs had more rest days than workout days but even still, I normally wouldn't be doing it at all, so even if I'm not following it to the tee.. I'm still doing it. So a win right?

The scale is going in the right direction.
    Ready to start some weightlifting now I got my protein, creatine and BCAAs
    But need to learn some weightlifting moves, ash knows them, I'll learn off him x
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,040 Member

JFT for 6/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/29
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    edited June 2023
    Hour commitment - can have lunch a few minutes early because restaurant prepared it fast!

After I finish my dessert, I wion’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still my dose of metamusal
  • more_freggies76

JFT for 6/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/29✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)✔️

Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    JFT - Sun June 25
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 👿
    15 minutes of movement - 🙂

JFT - Mon June 26
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

@pridesabtch - I slept in today and Im exhausted too. Funny how that works.
    Hope Tim’s surgery was successful.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,832 Member
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 JFT: June 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    June focus: continue to regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,832 Member
    @pridesabtch - II must have been in the air yesterday! I slept in too. But it was much cooler as we have rain at the moment, and it has taken the heat out of the air.

Sending good vibes for Tim’s surgery and recovery
  • misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    Hello! I am a serial MFP lurker but looking to get more involved with the community boards for motivation and support..
    I am 5'8 and about 65kg, goal weight is 60kg hence username.
    I am a regular runner and cyclist but really struggle with emotional/boredom eating..
    I've been reading James Clear's Atomic Habits looking at the association between habits/reward.. last night's chapter said it's powerful to commit to doing a thing - so here I am, committing to you all that I have actually planned my lunch and dinner today. With 4 teenagers in the house, multiple diets (I have coeliac disease, veggie, meat eaters etc) it's challenging!
    Based in the UK, I have basically zero friends so feel free to add me. I am definitely very happy to chat about getting into or sustaining running! But I can talk about other things too.. !

Have a great day!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member
    misssixtea wrote: »
    Hello! I am a serial MFP lurker but looking to get more involved with the community boards for motivation and support..
    I am 5'8 and about 65kg, goal weight is 60kg hence username.
    I am a regular runner and cyclist but really struggle with emotional/boredom eating..
    I've been reading James Clear's Atomic Habits looking at the association between habits/reward.. last night's chapter said it's powerful to commit to doing a thing - so here I am, committing to you all that I have actually planned my lunch and dinner today. With 4 teenagers in the house, multiple diets (I have coeliac disease, veggie, meat eaters etc) it's challenging!
    Based in the UK, I have basically zero friends so feel free to add me. I am definitely very happy to chat about getting into or sustaining running! But I can talk about other things too.. !

Have a great day!

Welcome! I used to be an avid cyclist and runner, but life got in the way, I got sick and I gained a ton of weight. Still ride some, but not like I did, and running at this weight doesn’t feel good. Looking forward to getting back in shape. Glad you joined our group!
  • pridesabtch

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smile:
    - Document redaction and compilation 😀
    - Protein bar for breakfast & lunch😀
    - snack before spin class😀
    - eat dinner in - keep it lean & green😀
    - spin class😀
    - log food😀
    - stay green😀
    - stick to the plan!😀
    - lay out clothes for tomorrow and set up circulating ice machine for hubby.😀
    - bed by 10:30😞

Y'all have a great day!

Yesterday was pretty good. Still didn’t eat enough to fuel my workout, but I pushed through spin class. It was hot and humid in the room and I was a sweaty mess by the end. There was only one drill where I skipped a rep, but that’s ok. Skipping one is better than passing out.

Didn’t go to bed early like I planned. We decided to watch a movie at 9:30. It was 2.5hrs long. Needless to say bedtime ran late. Then I couldn’t sleep. The last time I looked at my watch was 4:24, then I woke up at 5:19. Doesn’t set a good start for the day.

Got up at 5:30 and did my work stuff. Note I’m home waiting for folks to wake up. Going to try to squeeze in a cat nap while they are still sleeping. Surgery isn’t until 10:30 and they say it will be about 4 hours. Feel like I should take a pillow & blanket to the waiting room.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 5:30 😀
    - Work by 6:00 😀
    - Audit packaging turnover 😀
    - Home / nap
    - Surgery stuff
    - Care taking stuff
    - Stick to eating plan
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Need by 10:30

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 234 Member
    Hi @misssixtea! I used to be a runner too, it was my "silver bullet" for losing / maintaining weight for many years until too many injuries (calf & foot) forced me to stop. Now I just do swimming/ non-impact exercise. Actually just returned from the pool after a workout with the hubby, and even though I was dragging a little bit at least it's done! Anyway, on with the day...met my goals for yesterday and more of the same today...

JFT:
    don't eat until 1pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout B) done
  • pridesabtch
    @misssixtea i tried to send you a friend request, but it didn’t work. If you want to connect hit me up.
    Nikki
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 6/27/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 6/26)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• pridesabtch
    They weren’t able to repair Tim’s shoulder today. He will need to reschedule and have a reverse replacement. He will not be a happy camper.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    JFT - Mon June 26
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂

JFT - Tues June 27
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

@pridesabtch - sorry Tim wasn’t able to have his surgery today. That’s disappointing.
    When do you start the new job?
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    JFT - Mon June 26
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂

JFT - Tues June 27
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

@pridesabtch - sorry Tim wasn’t able to have his surgery today. That’s disappointing.
    When do you start the new job?

Thanks! I start my new job on 7/10. Thursday I’m helping to interview people for my old job. Weird, but kind of nice.

• misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2023
    @pridesabtch i can’t work out how to add you, either! I’ll try again tomorrow!

Pleased to say I NAILED today whoop!
    Planned all my food
    Didn’t eat a tonne of crap
    Life didn’t end!
    And I had a fab run today, 6.7 miles.. chasing the fast boys for most of it. Nearly killed myself but hung on, just about.
    Then had to phone my husband to collect me cos I’d overcooked it and couldn’t face the last 1.5 miles uphill to home, but who cares!
    Whoop!
  • pridesabtch
    @misssixtea i used to love hanging on to the gray guys. Yeah sometimes I bonked, but it was so worth it!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 6/27/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 6/26)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/29✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)✔️Didn't eat today.
    JFT for 6/28/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 6/26)
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)Hour commitment - I won't eat again until 12 pm.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file: