Options
    What are the nutritional stats? Thanks!
  • yndlingsdatter
    Options
    Just put mine in the oven :)

I used a Betty crocker chocolate cake mix,
    a 15 oz. can of Libbys 100% pumkin
    and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.

And after mixing it, I had a bit of trouble getting it smoothed out to the corners of my 9x13 pan because of the denseness of the dough, so I'm hoping it's alright :)

Will come back and let you know when it's done :)

I am now done and it turned out delish!!! Very nice and moist cake :-9

I cut it into 15 pieces and that reads as 138 cal. when I put the ingredients into the recipe calculater.
    (When I did 10 servings, as the betty crocker box suggests each serving is 207 cal.)

Yummy - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eggmcg
    Options
    This sounds great! I am ashamed to say I have never tasted pumpkin... :blushing:
  • snowdays
    snowdays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Soooo glad you liked it, I wondr if adding a touch of water would make it smooth out better, but no worries if it turned out good, I also sprinkle a little cconfectioners sugar on top when cool.
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just used a sugar free brownie mix with a can of pumpkin puree....it is so good...did put 3 tablespoons of water to thin out the mixture....helped with spreading it out in the pan

Makes 12 servings
    Data below is what I got when I put it into recipe section of MFP

Calories 102
    Total fat 2.6 g
    Sodium 86.5 g
    Total carbs 24.2 g
    Dietary fiber 4.5 g
    Sugars 1.2 g
    Protein 1.6 g
    Vitamin A. 87.5%
    Vitamin C 0.6%
    Calcium 0.6%
    Iron 5.2%
  • slainnz
    Options
    Bump, cant wait to try!
  • yndlingsdatter
    Options
    Just used a sugar free brownie mix with a can of pumpkin puree....it is so good...did put 3 tablespoons of water to thin out the mixture....helped with spreading it out in the pan

Makes 12 servings
    Data below is what I got when I put it into recipe section of MFP

Calories 102
    Total fat 2.6 g
    Sodium 86.5 g
    Total carbs 24.2 g
    Dietary fiber 4.5 g
    Sugars 1.2 g
    Protein 1.6 g
    Vitamin A. 87.5%
    Vitamin C 0.6%
    Calcium 0.6%
    Iron 5.2%

Sounds like a good idea w/the water - thanks!
  • yndlingsdatter
    Options
    Soooo glad you liked it, I wondr if adding a touch of water would make it smooth out better, but no worries if it turned out good, I also sprinkle a little cconfectioners sugar on top when cool.

I will try the powdered sugar on my next piece, thanx :)
    And thank you soooo much for the recipe!!!
  • Criskk
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Criskk
    Options
    I just tried this with a gluten free cake mix (yellow). Very good! Thank you for posting this.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I tried this with a spice cake mix and a full cup of water and it turned out great. The cake had a fairly normal cake texture, just a little more moist than usual. I made cupcakes and sprinkled them with pumpkin pie spice while they were still hot. Yum! I think I could have made a regular layer cake and iced it with seven minute icing, which is essentially fat free, and one would have guessed they were being served a low fat dessert.
  • victoriangirl_001
    Options
    This sounds great, going to try it this afternoon. No canned pumpkin here in Australia, so I'm just going to weigh, microwave and then puree some butternut pumpkin to add the the cake mixture. Will post again to let you know how it went. No nutmeg here will have to see how it goes, lol.
    Cheers
    Michelle
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Bumping this, I'm going to try it with other squashes like butternut and some sweet potatoes!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    bumppp!!
  • snoopage
    snoopage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds super yumm!!!! :)
  • victoriangirl_001
    Options
    Hi All,
    it turned out great with the Butternut 'pumpkin', i know the americans call them squashes, dense and moist and super yummy. I cooked mine in a square 20cm tin and then cut it into 25 pieces and each portion comes to 80 cals. Will be trying this again with a butter cake mix next to see how it works. :-D.....
    Cheers
    Michelle
  • paradise666
    Options
    Sounds yummy, will add 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • jc1200
    jc1200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In the UK
    from Nigella.com :-
    It is probably easiest to order the canned pumpkin on-line and there are two websites which offer a large variety of US foods in the UK - Stateside Candy Co. The links to the canned pumpkin are below and both offer 15-ounce and 29-ounce cans. You can freeze excess canned pumpkin in airtight containers for up to 3 monhs. It may look a little grainy when thawed but it is fine to cook with.

If you are visiting London then you can also buy canned pumpkin at Panzer's in St John's Wood and Partridge's in Sloane Square or Gloucester Road (and also their website below).

You can also make your own pumpkin puree by steaming cubes of peeled pumpkin (seeds removed) until tender (this is about 20 minutes for roughly 1 1/2-inch cubes but start checking after 10 minutes, the pumpkin should yield easily to the tip of a table knife). Puree and measure out to use in your recipe.

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/libbys-u425gu-solid-pack-100-natural-pumpkin-a-thanksgiving-essential-386-p.asp

http://www.partridges.co.uk/index.php/fuseaction/shop.product/productid/257

:smile: