Easy Keto Staples

Options
peavy09
peavy09 Posts: 12 Member
I'm calling out to all the veteran keto dieters. In my opinion being prepared for meals is the hardest part of staying in ketosis. I have my own business and sometimes it gets hard keeping meals lined up during the week. We've all been there "what am I going to eat for dinner?" What is your "Go to" in these situations? Mine is tuna, chicken or salmon wraps.
Tagged:

Replies

• rarintogo
    rarintogo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Always have your greens ready, spring mix, romaine, bagged cole slaw. Keep a covered bowl ready and then you can add any topping. I like to make deviled eggs to my salad, a few olives and some cheese, a spoon of ranch dressing is good. These items keep in the frig for a few days.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    During winter time (yes, it can get cold in Cape Town, South Africa) I always make sure to have some nice hot soup ready for a quick snack. I get myself some decent beef bones from the butcher and slow - boil chicken or beef about once a week. I keep portions of this base in the freezer and when needed, just add some cooked chicken / beef and whatever vegetables I have at home. Variations seem to be endless - and I can make them "creamy" with a food processor. Just add a small piece of cooked butternut / sweet potato / potato and voila! In summer I always have a large bowl of fresh mixed salad in the fridge and I have come up with endless salad dressing options; some spicy, some ever so slightly sweet, some with plain yoghurt - my favourite are anchovies. Enjoy!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,922 Member
    Options
  • kfraun444
    kfraun444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you eat beef, for me it is easiest if you don’t have anything planned or if you forgot to take something out of freezer. It is easy to defrost or to cook from frozen state.

Go to is a big taco salad. Romaine lettuce leaf makes a good taco shape. I always have cheese, sour cream, olives, salsa, avocado and onion and bell pepper in fridge, they are staples, no dressing needed just some hot sauce.

Can also do spaghetti with zucchini noodles. It is pretty easy and always have canned crushed tomatoes or no sugar prepared jar sauce and frozen zucchini noodles. Or if you remember in time to thaw can always do burger patties and salad.

But who’s to say you can’t have breakfast for dinner? There is always an omelette option - I usually have that with an arugula salad with feta cheese, etc.

My go to “dessert” when, maybe I haven’t gotten enough protein for the day and have carbs left is unsweetened plain yogurt, frozen strawberries and/or blueberries, Chia seeds, protein powder, and a little vanilla extract. it is like ice cream to me now. I do not have it late in day though.

• HayleyUna
    HayleyUna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Last night I made fillet steak with mushrooms, spinach and mangetout with a garlic butter drizzle. Stir fry veges in a wok while frying your steak, then make garlic butter in 2 mins by adding crushed garlic to melted butter. It's delish!