JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My only goals for today are to log my food and survive the workday. I’m being pulled in so many different directions at work I don’t even know which way is up. It feels like this week has been one giant drawn out Monday, and next week looks like it’s going to be even more ridiculously busy. My company talks about how they care for the mental health of their employees, but they sure don’t practice what they preach.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    JFT for 7/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/10)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 7/17
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/12). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)
    11) Have coffee stuff early due to early appt.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet!!

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :flowerforyou:

JFT, Thursday , July 13th
    • Make a 24H Plan. Assess yesterday’s 24H plan. ✅
    • Drink 60+ oz water before 7 PM. ❌ Only 40 oz today
    • Close activity rings on Apple Watch ❌ 4 minutes short! 🤦‍♀️
    • Be accountable for every bite and close MFP Food Diary at the end of the day. ✅
    • Listen to podcasts, read my daily inspirational and devotional books, journal/gratitude journal, WT in my Book Nook. ✅
    • Marco messages ✅
    • Get my space ready for the No BS Busting Excuses virtual camp weekend. (Supplies, space, drinks, pc updates for Zoom) ✅
    • Bills / Declutter desktop / Pack & drop off Amazon return / ⭐️ Walmart run for Rx & milk. Meal prep for freezer meals and for the week - Blended rice dish, pasta dish, soup? (These tasks are ONGOING through the week as I have time)
    • Bedtime routine.

JFT, Friday, July 14th
    • Make a 24H Plan. Assess yesterday’s 24H plan. ✅
    • Drink 60+ oz water before 7 PM.
    • Close activity rings on Apple Watch
    • Log every bite and close MFP Food Diary at the end of the day.
    • Listen to podcasts, read my daily inspirational and devotional books, journal/gratitude journal, WT in my Book Nook. Bible App plan with Eva.
    • No BS Busting Excuses virtual camp weekend Day 1 starts at noon. Be present. Give myself permission to log off and watch replay if I'm not finding value in it today.
    • Bills / Declutter desktop / Pack & drop off Amazon return / ⭐️ Walmart run for Rx & milk. Meal prep for freezer meals and for the week - Blended rice dish, pasta dish, soup? (These tasks are ONGOING through the week as I have time)
    • Bedtime routine.

WOTY 2023: Serenity. In 2023, I will stop worrying about what I cannot control and work toward accepting & changing the things that I can! I will strive for peace inside. 💞🙏🌺🌹☮✝

💥Remember: Food is fuel, not entertainment!💥
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Made it to Friday in the new job. I am totally drowning in information, but I'm learning. I actually took tomorrow off from teaching spin just so I could sleep in one day. This week has just been busy in and out of work. We did buy S a new car and we delivered it to her last night. Tonight I will give S's old car to my mom.

This morning was Fun with Science, I forgot a segment of one of the experiments, but it's not like a 2nd grader is going to call me out. This was always one of my favorite activities from previous jobs, and I'm glad I can still be a part of it. It was a little scary today because we were in a much smaller room than usual. Luckily the exploding balloons did not set of the smoke alarms.

Friday is like a ghost town here at work. I guess with flexible time a lot of people here work 4 10's instead of 5 8's. I need to set up a meeting for All of my direct reports...

Phew... Have a great day y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as lunch except freggies. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Today..no junk food, fruit instead
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/10)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 7/17✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/12). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Have coffee stuff early due to early appt.✔️

JFT for 7/15/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Not yet!!

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thurs July 13
    1.5L of water - 😕 1L
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of movement - 🙂

JFT - Fri July 14
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 14th

Only one snack 3 :/
    Be mindful with food meals fine, snacking not
    Walk dog 40 minutes
    Order autumn bulbs, too many to choose from! Not yet. Really, how hard can it be to just choose a few?!
    Make phone calls 2 out of 3
    Indoor stuff some, not nearly enough

I'm not going to do any gardening today, I think it's meant to rain most of the day anyway. I need to rest my back a bit more, and I have loads to do inside.

I am amazing myself at how much I can procrastinate and how long it's taking me to do anything. Seriously need to get on with things.

JFT Saturday 15th

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food
    Foot exercises
    Housework
    Find a blanket or two (planning an indoor den with grandson next week)
    Order bulbs (last day for discount)

I'm not listing a dog walk, as she was limping last night. I'll see how she is in the evening. All my family is away this weekend, so the dog is at mine for a sleepover, it will be a very quiet weekend.

• more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options

JFT for 7/15/2023 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Not yet!!

Now in shared file:

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my watermelon, I won't eat again until early dinner with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Last week was a hideously stressful week at work, with 5 14+ hour days. This job ends Tuesday and then I have a break until September! So plan to really make use of the down time...but the biggest victory was that I stayed OP last week even with the stress & lack of sleep...though it did mess with the scale, which is holding annoyingly steady. But usually a week like last week would send me straight to the wine & chips without a second's hesitation...so that is a major victory for me!

JFT:
    no food till 2pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool / home workout
    food prep - rainbow chopped salad for DH and Eggroll in a Bowl for me (super easy and yum, I'll share those recipes in a separate post for anyone who's interested)
  • jennysweet58
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Here's the "Eggroll in a Bowl" (otherwise known as "Crack Slaw" because it's so addictive) - this is the recipe as written (except the original also calls for ground beef instead of turkey, but the turkey is SO much healthier and very tasty) but I doctor it a bit in addition to that...I skip the shredded carrots and add an 8oz bag of broccoli slaw or something similar just for some different texture...and also to bulk it up with a bit more veggies. I use coconut aminos to drastically lower the sodium content and so then I'll add an extra tablespoon of that plus more siracha to account for the extra veggies. Since the seasonings basically go in last you can always adjust to your taste. But it's VERY easy, very tasty and very filling! Made my way with the extra veggies it makes 5 servings, 185 calories each.

Eggroll in a Bowl

1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey
    1 (16-ounce package) coleslaw mix
    1/4 cup (2-ounces) shredded carrots
    1/2 Tablespoon (1.5 teaspoons) toasted sesame oil (other oils will work also, but this adds a lot of flavor)
    1 onion , chopped
    2 cloves garlic , minced
    2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
    3 Tablespoons soy sauce (or Coconut Aminos)
    1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
    2 teaspoons Sriracha (or to taste)
    4 Tablespoons chopped green onions
    1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds

Instructions
    Place a large wok or skillet on the stove over medium heat.

Add oil. Add onions and saute for about 3 – 5 minutes.

Add minced garlic and minced fresh ginger and cook for about one minute, stirring the whole time.

Add the ground turkey to the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up and crumbling it as you stir.

Empty the bag of coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage) and shredded carrots to the ground turkey.

Cook the coleslaw (shredded cabbage and carrots) with the ground turkey until the cabbage is wilted and carrots are softened.

Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha and stir.

Garnish the dish with chopped green onions, more sriracha, and sesame seeds. Serve hot!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    This recipe for Chopped Mediterranean Rainbow Salad is something my husband loves to take to work for his lunch - which was shocking to me he enjoys a salad this much! It makes four 2 cup servings, and is very healthy but I haven't done the math for the exact calorie count...it's very light and bright and the mix of flavors is great!

Chopped Mediterranean Rainbow Salad

1 large English/hothouse cucumber (so you don't have to peel it)
    1 orange or yellow pepper
    8 oz grape tomatoes
    15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
    2 oz fat-free feta cheese
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbs lemon juice
    1/2 tsp pink or sea salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Dice cucumber & pepper, and cut the grape tomatoes in half. Mix together in a big bowl and add chick peas and feta. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder & salt. Add to the big bowl and stir to evenly combine. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Enjoy! :smile:
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 7/15/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/10)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)✔️Didn't eat after all today
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.✔️

JFT for 7/16/2023 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/10)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Not yet

Now in shared file:

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/16/2023 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/10)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)✔️Didn't eat today

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 7/17/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    Not yet

Now in shared file:

Sample

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday 15th

Only one snack 2 small
    Be mindful with food mostly, portion a bit too big
    Foot exercises yes
    Housework some
    Find a blanket or two (planning an indoor den with grandson next week) yes, he's in his den right now :)
    Order bulbs (last day for discount) yes, finally!

I'm not listing a dog walk, as she was limping last night. I'll see how she is in the evening. All my family is away this weekend, so the dog is at mine for a sleepover, it will be a very quiet weekend. Also did a dog walk in the evening, 40 minutes

JFT Monday 17th July

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food
    Foot exercises
    Exercise patience

I weighed myself this morning, it was not good, another 2lbs on. What I'm eating right now is obviously too much, and I need to rein it in. I'll have to start weighing and logging again. Not while grandson is here, but will start on Wednesday. In the meantime I will have smaller portions, already had a smaller breakfast.
    Might walk the dog later, but my foot is very painful at the moment, the plantar faciitis is getting worse. I'm trying a new exercise I saw online, desperate to get rid of it.

Have a good week everyone :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone (well it's morning here!)
    Hope you're all well.

Really want to get back into logging again.

I know I'm doing sort of okay but I can't know for sure without logging. I know that I'm snacking more rather than eating proper meals.

So today Im.up, showered, kids are at school and I've just had some breakfast and brew. And I've folded about 4 bags worth of laundry and still got two to go! Then I gotta put that away.

But...now the kids all have their own set of drawers each, I might just pop the piles on their beds and get them to put them away.

Saskia seems to think I should put the clothes away too.
    I've told her that she should have been doing it this whole time, it's just because all their clothes were piled in a built-in cupboard and it was a bit too high for them to access and arrange their clothes properly.
    So I told her that I've been doing their clothes as a favour to them, otherwise they would have struggled like hell.

She didn't like that 🤣🤣 she just EXPECTED me to do it. There was nothing more satisfying than telling her it was actually her and her sisters job to put their own clothes away😂

Anyway, gonna log my food today
    Exercise??? Well maybe, don't see why not!