Chasing The Boogeyman
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    fx59yvx3y5mk.png
  • SherlockWWilson13
    SherlockWWilson13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm rereading Demon Divine by John Conroe currently which is part of the Demon Accords series
  • LauraAnn52
    LauraAnn52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The Yellow House by Sarah M. Broom
  • TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my own novel, does that count as reading? Current audio book is If We Ever Meet Again by Ana Huang.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,722 Member
    Options
    ys7gmxpaqxui.jpeg

I first read this 49yrs ago.
    I remember loving it so I’m going to read it again. ☺️
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    xkxzk403ez0z.png
  • DunkinNDeadlifts
    DunkinNDeadlifts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a reader. I read every night from 9-11 and some random times by the pool. Lol I just finished Stephen Kings "The Institute" after 1 week of not being able to put it down. I just started 11/22/63 and so far it's pretty good. I also am sporadically reading The Conplete guide to Hunting, butchering, and cooking wild game volume 1. Why? Glad you asked. With the way our economy is going I'm set on learning useful skills and my choices were quilting, pottery, butchering and hunting, or building a green house. Lol I figured I'd master hunting and butchering first and then move on to quilting a sewing, like a real lady. 🤣😜
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    d9ypwo3zz93m.jpeg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I read A Useful Woman by Darcie Wilde. Sort of a myrder mystery set in the British Georgian era.

The day before, I finally finished The Shuddering
    City
    by Sharon Shinn, which I can't really describe briefly but is utterly Shinn and I enjoyed a great deal.

Working on Identity by Nora Roberts. I usually enjoy her books but this one is really irritating, mostly because I have been the victim of identity theft and...well, that's not how it works. If this had been written 20 years ago...well, it's still wrong but might be understandable, maybe. But outside of that, is a decent read.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    ys7gmxpaqxui.jpeg

I first read this 49yrs ago.
    I remember loving it so I’m going to read it again. ☺️

Was it as good as you remembered?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    zvu7netfhy6m.jpeg
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    zvu7netfhy6m.jpeg

Is this any good? I read the synopsis so probably will add this to my goodreads list.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:
    5fqw8s0xvy8c.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    zvu7netfhy6m.jpeg

Is this any good? I read the synopsis so probably will add this to my goodreads list.
    The writing is far better than many of the modern books I’ve read and listened to recently. I’m only a little more than halfway through it now so I’m not sure if it’s going to have a satisfying ending. It is of course somewhat melodramatic due to the genre

I am enjoying it
  • sibilantstorm
    sibilantstorm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Currently reading: MARU by S.B. Divya 61183452.jpg

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    What an interesting thread. Realizing I had stopped reading, for 2023 I cajoled a friend into an informal book club.

I picked a book, we read a chunk then scheduled a phone call, until completing it. Then he picked a book, and so on to where I've read five books so far this year.

There are categories of book readers. I'm reticent to separate us, but I am squarely not in the "I love to read," reading for pleasure group anymore. A stylistic compelling story that finds me turning the pages is no longer my oeuvre.

He picked Atwood's A Handmaidens Tale. After a third of the book I see she is a gifted author. The story is moving along, and the strange scene is set. Upon finishing it I'll look at things a bit differently, be more plugged into it's role in our society, and I'll be glad I read it. And I'll be happy to move onto some other genre.

A poorly written book with an insightful powerful point of view sticks with me. Brownie points if it is well written. I like thinking about and discussing these new points of view, integrating them into my world view, more than reading the next book on the shelf. I'm discovering this is the category of reader I currently am.