I have achieved .. ONEness

Options

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! YOu've done an amazing job!! You look like a totally different person!!!
    However, I hate to disappoint you.....but....well....you can no longer wear a Big Daddy shirt like that...you are now a LITTLE DADDY!!!!!!
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    YOU... LOOOK.... I N C R E D I B L E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could shake your hand for this!! I COMMEND YOU 1 MILLION %!!! U are a TRUE INSPIRATION FOR ALL OF US ON THIS SITE!! WHAT A DEDICATION! CAN I ASK YOU, WHAT WAS YOUR MOTIVATION??
    HOW DID YOU DO IT??
    WHAT KEPT YOU GOING ON THE DAYS WHEN YOU DIDN't HAVE IT IN YOU?
    HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU??

THIS IS MY FAV STORY ON MFP SO FAR!!

TY FOR POSTING THIS!!

Kind of long .. but I want to answer the questions. If you want to know more .. ask or send me a message as I am always glad to help .. if I can.

My motivation was actually my friend. He started losing weight first and after he reached 100 LBS lost, I was interested. Knowing that he was eating 5-6 times a day .. and real food like meats and vegetables .. I wanted to know more. I got some information and then REALLY dove in head first reading everything I could. I developed a meal plan and food that worked for me .. and the rest, as they say, is history.

I can tell you that I found the weight loss to be about 80% kitchen and 20% gym .. meaning that you need to control the foods more that working out .. especially at first. Don't think of this as a diet, because you see an end point with a diet .. think of this as a lifestyle change. Get something that you can live with for the rest of you life. Don't deprive yourself, but don't give in to every temptation. For me, I eat about 40% protein, 35% carbs, and 25% Fats keeping my saturated fat below 20. Now, as far as the carbs go .. I try to make them count; meaning I want complex whole sum carbs (oats, beans, etc).

What kept me going was ... the progress. I was dropping pant and shirt sizes BEFORE I even wore all the clothes I bought. At that time .. I was single (too lazy to try and [probably] to fat to succeed) so when I started .. the FIRST time I could, I emptied the ENTIRE closet and went and bought new clothes. I did this EVERY TIME I could .. of course, I learned not to buy too many because I was dropping so fast in the beginning. The extra motivation was that I would NOT buy larger clothes!

How long did it take is a 2 part answer.
    The first 140 lbs took about 16 months to get off. I held that weight / size for about 5 years .. then I slipped up and made a mistake. I was fooled by the product companies .. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray to be exact. I fell for the 0 calorie label without checking and properly reading. My mistake and it cost me. I put on some weight, now understand, I was still eating the same things and walking daily just like before .. but I was now POURING the butter on oats and vegetables. <BANGS HEAD ON DESK> I noticed that some of my shirts started to seem a little .. snug. I STILL ignored it (read; BIG MISTAKE)! The realization that there was a problem was when I had to buy larger jeans. I bought 2 pairs and SWORE to find the problem. I got revitalized in my diet because I wanted to know HOW this had happened. I went back to ground zero and started anew. I eliminated things and swapped things around then I got to the butter. Well, after eliminating the butter, in the last 10 months, I have lost another 60+ pounds (which was "butter weight" + 40lbs). I am now in smaller jeans than ever before and I have achieved ONEness! After dropping the butter and meeting my GF (on here I might add) .. I have moved from walking to running and soon to weights. I am excited to see where else I can go!
  • WattsJA
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! YOu've done an amazing job!! You look like a totally different person!!!
    However, I hate to disappoint you.....but....well....you can no longer wear a Big Daddy shirt like that...you are now a LITTLE DADDY!!!!!!

I actually take that as a compliment. LOL

I have traded in my Bid Daddy collection and I now wear 99% UnderArmour .. when they make jeans (from the charged cotton) .. I will be ALL OVER IT. lol
  • JMehl135
    JMehl135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Truly amazing - you should be so proud of yourself!!
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Awesome job!
  • WattsJA
    Options
    I said i'd post a more recent picture (post 199.5) since the other one was actually older .. so here it is .. but first:

I was looking for this photo .. this is the one that I hung on the wall to keep me motivated. For perspective, the shirt I am wearing is a 4XL and the puppy sure looks comfortable on my big belly LOL:

xmaswithdog.JPG

and this picture was taken about 10 minutes ago (post 199.5):
    The shirt I am wearing now is a MEDIUM !!

199-2.jpg

(Note: I still don't like pictures of myself .. I don't find I am very ... photogenic .. lol)
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Consider me extremely inspired and thanks for sharing !!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You look great!! What a success!! Great job!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Congrats...you look so different! AWESOMELY inspiring!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You are very photogenic!!! Love the transformation!! Mostly thanks for sharing with us, and being an inspiration to many!!
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT BOOST TO THE REST OF US WHO ARE STARTING OUT!!! THANKS FOR REMINDING US THAT WE CAN GO FROM COUCH POTATOES TO HEALTHY AND HAPPY!!!

THIS IS YOUR DAY! TREAT YOURSELF TO A NEW OUTFIT TO SHOW OFF THAT ROCKING BOD!!!
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This was just the story I needed to "hear!" I don't think it was by accident that I pumped across this story today. I look forward to the day that I can post my story. You truly are an inspiration. You should be so proud of yourself. I am sure that your life has completely changed. I know mine has and I'm not even half way to my goal yet. Keep everything up! You are a true blessing!

~Becki
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Wow you truly are an inspiration! You look amazing!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow -- truly incredible. You should be so proud of yourself... You look amazing and more importantly, it sounds like you feel amazing, too. Cheers! :drinker:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OMG that is totally awesome!!! WTG you look fantastic!
  • Rhonda_K_K
    Rhonda_K_K Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Well done. What an inspiration you are to me and the others on MFP!! :smile:
  • blarics11
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!! You have done great! What an inspiration! Your a real hottie!!

YEAH! WHAT SHE SAID!!! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are truly awesome and such an inspiration. It's nearly 10pm and I'm sick but after seeing your pics and reading your post I want to go get on the treadmill or pop in a Jillian Michaels DVD. Truly amazing. Be proud. Flaunt it. You have so totally earned it!!! PS - You are a total hottie. If I weren't married... Great job!!!
  • lparsel
    lparsel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an accomplishment!!! Congrats, you rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!