JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    [quote="TerriRichardson112;c-47560839"
    πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸžπŸ’Ž JFT: JULY 2023 πŸ’ŽπŸžπŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹
    July focus:

July Focus:
    πŸ“Improve Sleep habits
    πŸ“Adhere to Solid Habits

I am switching off my screens at 11.15pm on at least 5 nights a week
    I have set a reminder on my phone/tablet
    βœ…β­•οΈβœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    β­•οΈβœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…β­•οΈ
    βœ…βœ…

Current Solid Habits
    πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

🫢Terri

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Might walk the dog later, but my foot is very painful at the moment, the plantar faciitis is getting worse. I'm trying a new exercise I saw online, desperate to get rid of it.

I struggle with plantar faciitis as well - changing my shoes has made it totally liveable. There's a brand called Vionic that has great built-in arch support in every sneaker & shoe and they have some reasonably cute styles so you can't really tell - there are other brands that do that too but Vionics seem to hit my arch in just the right spot. Since I began wearing those it has nearly disappeared. My BIL had a very severe case, and began just wearing HOKA sneakers daily - those did it for him. If you haven't already tried it, changing you daily footwear to something meant to add support it will do wonders!! :smile:
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Stayed strong over the weekend, and met my goals daily. Had great workouts at the pool and the scale finally rewarded me with a big drop! So I'm heading into Week 5 of this new plan feeling energized and motivated!

JFT:
    no eating until 2pm
    stay within calories
    log all food
    100 oz water
    30 minute workout +stretch
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    JFT - Mon July 17
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

@littleblackskirt - it’s hard to be losing when you’re in pain for some reason. I am struggling as well.

@Bex953172 - I had this discussion yesterday with our eldest about laundry. I used to put their clothes at the door of their bed and they were supposed to put it away. When I did laundry, the next time I would find folded clothes in it. When they were 12 and 10 I made them start doing their own laundry. I was done! Yesterday, my daughter was complaining about how the Grands don’t put their laundry away…. I just reminded her of her own childhood.

I had a good night Saturday at a camp out at my youngest daughter’s.
    I made us all shirts to wear. 4ptnrebgewkh.jpeg
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    JFT for 7/17/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 7/17
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Here's the "Eggroll in a Bowl" (otherwise known as "Crack Slaw" because it's so addictive) - this is the recipe as written (except the original also calls for ground beef instead of turkey, but the turkey is SO much healthier and very tasty) but I doctor it a bit in addition to that...I skip the shredded carrots and add an 8oz bag of broccoli slaw or something similar just for some different texture...and also to bulk it up with a bit more veggies. I use coconut aminos to drastically lower the sodium content and so then I'll add an extra tablespoon of that plus more siracha to account for the extra veggies. Since the seasonings basically go in last you can always adjust to your taste. But it's VERY easy, very tasty and very filling! Made my way with the extra veggies it makes 5 servings, 185 calories each.

Eggroll in a Bowl

1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey
    1 (16-ounce package) coleslaw mix
    1/4 cup (2-ounces) shredded carrots
    1/2 Tablespoon (1.5 teaspoons) toasted sesame oil (other oils will work also, but this adds a lot of flavor)
    1 onion , chopped
    2 cloves garlic , minced
    2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
    3 Tablespoons soy sauce (or Coconut Aminos)
    1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
    2 teaspoons Sriracha (or to taste)
    4 Tablespoons chopped green onions
    1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds

Instructions
    Place a large wok or skillet on the stove over medium heat.

Add oil. Add onions and saute for about 3 – 5 minutes.

Add minced garlic and minced fresh ginger and cook for about one minute, stirring the whole time.

Add the ground turkey to the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up and crumbling it as you stir.

Empty the bag of coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage) and shredded carrots to the ground turkey.

Cook the coleslaw (shredded cabbage and carrots) with the ground turkey until the cabbage is wilted and carrots are softened.

Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha and stir.

Garnish the dish with chopped green onions, more sriracha, and sesame seeds. Serve hot!

OMG, this sounds absolutely delicious and looks easy enough even for me! Thanks for sharing!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    This recipe for Chopped Mediterranean Rainbow Salad is something my husband loves to take to work for his lunch - which was shocking to me he enjoys a salad this much! It makes four 2 cup servings, and is very healthy but I haven't done the math for the exact calorie count...it's very light and bright and the mix of flavors is great!

Chopped Mediterranean Rainbow Salad
    1 large English/hothouse cucumber (so you don't have to peel it)
    1 orange or yellow pepper
    8 oz grape tomatoes
    15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
    2 oz fat-free feta cheese
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbs lemon juice
    1/2 tsp pink or sea salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Dice cucumber & pepper, and cut the grape tomatoes in half. Mix together in a big bowl and add chick peas and feta. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder & salt. Add to the big bowl and stir to evenly combine. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Enjoy! :smile:

This one too! Thanks again for sharing! I'm not much of a cook but since I'm trying to get away from processed food as much as possible, I'm trying to learn. :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I had to chuckle at the clean laundry story. My kids used to not put theirs away either. I did the same as @Snowflake1968 and they had to start doing their own when they turned about 12 or 13. I used to find their folded clothes in the laundry because they'd throw it in the dirty laundry with the rest of the clothes on their floor! LOL Oh the memories of young kids at home... πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

@Snowflake1968 Love the photo! Look at all the big smiles! So glad you had a nice time. I love the shirts ~ that's such a true statement. Have to grab those beautiful moments and hang on tight... :heart:
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/17/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.βœ”οΈ
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.βœ”οΈ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)βœ”οΈ
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/20βœ”οΈ
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.βœ”οΈ
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)βœ”οΈ
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.βœ”οΈ
    8) No beef jerky today.βœ”οΈ
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)βœ”οΈ
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)βœ”οΈDidn't eat today
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.βœ”οΈ

JFT for 7/18/2023 (tomorrow)βœ”οΈ
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I am back on the plan, i want to Transform the way I treat myself and think about food.

Posted my breakfast to diary and planned for good choices on a tough day.

Nice avocado and poached egg instead of a plate full of fried foods, a healthier plan for dinner while travelling instead of fast food.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I had to chuckle at the clean laundry story. My kids used to not put theirs away either. I did the same as @Snowflake1968 and they had to start doing their own when they turned about 12 or 13. I used to find their folded clothes in the laundry because they'd throw it in the dirty laundry with the rest of the clothes on their floor! LOL Oh the memories of young kids at home... πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Hahaha makes sense. My bedroom didn't get named the "floordrobe" for no reason 🀣🀣

And omg forgot about the clean laundry in dirty, that was a good trick hahaha I remember doing that.

Although I have the reverse. My kids put dirty stuff in the clean. 🀒 like the don't know where the basket it or something 🀣
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Another long day/week ahead. Just going to keep logging my food and trying to drink enough water.

I have to go into the office today, so wish me luck that I can hoist a smile on my face and pretend like I actually like my job 🀣
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - you are very welcome! Don't encourage me or you'll find this thread littered with recipes ha ha. I find trying new ones very motivating, though I don't have a lot of time for tremendously complicated ones. I'm a big fan of hungry-girl.com, she's got a lot of recipes that are low calorie, easy & super tasty.

The laundry talk is funny! As soon as we finally moved from an apartment into a house of our own, I instantly made the kids do their own laundry (they were 16 and 12.) It was such a LUXURY to me to be able to do laundry any old time you pleased, and not have to get up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday to beat the rush to the apartment building laundry room that only had 3 washers! They also learned to cook for themselves early too, since we all had these radically different schedules and I often didn't get home until 9pm. So funny when they went to college and they came back and said so many students were so helpless, they've never done their own laundry before!! :o So you can tell them you're actually doing them a favor in life. :D

Made all my goals for yesterday - I'm on a roll! May skip the workout today, I'm pretty sore....

JFT
    don't eat till 2pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options

JFT for 7/18/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    8) No beef jerky today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Not yet

Now in shared file:

Sample

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    JFT - Mon July 17
    1.5L of water - πŸ‘Ώ one small mouthful
    Log all food - πŸ™‚
    15 minutes of movement - πŸ‘Ώ my back was hurting last night so no.

JFT - Tues July 18
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

So many young people move away from home and don’t know how to things. Then there are others that have been doing it for so long!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good morning! Running out the door so wanted to post goals quick. Have a great day!

JFT:
    1. 24H plan and assess
    2. 30 minutes of intentional activity
    3. 60+ oz water
    4. Mom’s for Accuquilt video
    5. 30 minutes in sewing room

July’s WOTM: Consistency

#StartSmallStartNow
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Hoping on for a quick hello to you all!!
    I've been struggling also with logging my food .. why is it that this is so hard to do! I think of it at the end of the day .. and then I'm too tired to do it. So as a result.. the scale is just staying the same. Which I guess is good... but I want it to go down.. not maintain!!
    Hubby got his PET scan results.. and they could not detect cancer. So that was a wonderful thing. His doctor did say something was going on.. so they'll do another blood test in 3 months, and if his PSA numbers continue to climb.. then another PET scan. He felt the cancer was there .. just not enough to detect in the scan.
    So hubby is very happy he doesn't have to start treatment and hormone shots again. SO that means when our grandson comes .. he should be feeling good. Ha.. in fact he has more energy than me! His doctor increased his thyroid medication.. and I tell him I'm going to take his pills away! He is up before I am now.. and going going going! But it is nice to see him feeling so much better .. he has always been so tired all the time. Ha.. now if I could just get some of that thyroid meds!
    Our grandson is coming Aug 1-8 so we are super excited. We have things planned for most days. He is 14 .. so it will be fun memories, and we can't wait. Unlike you with grandchildren around all the time.. we only see them a few times a year.
    I had to laugh with the talk about kids doing laundry. I so agree... teach them young to do those things. That is something I never did until later, and I regret that. My kids didn't start doing their own laundry until 14 and 16.. and that was when I went to care for my mother in Iowa, and hubby was with the kids alone for 7 weeks. He made them do their own laundry, and put it away. But I so agree with so many... start them young. There is a youtube channel I love.. called CookingWithSammy.This mother has 5 kids .. all under the age of 8. These little kids are unbelievable.. they cook, clean, work in the garden. The most fun is watching these little ones cook. Even the 4 year old can cut up potatoes, onions, etc. and cook. The mother has a lot of the food measured out so they just dump.. but they are adorable to watch, and what skills they are learning at a young age. So .. I'm like .. if only I could go back, thats what I regret and would do more of!
    Well.... heading back to sewing. I have 5 more quilts for the kids almost finished.. then going to stop and do something else.. ha.. like make hero capes for little ones in the hospitals. I may regret this . as its sewing with satin.. but figured I would give it a try. Someone gave me 4 totes of beautiful satin.. and don't know what to do with them other than the capes.
    You all have a great day.

Goals for the rest of today

LOG MY FOOD
    dinner tonite is chicken burrittos
    concentrate on water
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @Snowflake -- I LOVE the tshirts! You do such beautiful work.. can't believe you made them. And .. you look awesome, as does everyone else in the picture. Fun times for you all!

@jennysweet58 --- LOVE THE RECIPES!!! You can flood this thread all you want!! I always want to try new things.. both of these I am going to try! Thank you so much for sharing them!!