☀️🌤️August Daily Weigh-in and Log-in Challenge🌤️☀️

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej I love fat baby arms with rolls! 💗

@ddainiak Im headed to Saugatuck, a cute little lakeshore town on the west side of the state (Michigan.) It has Oval Beach, one of the Top 10 beaches in the state. Also a big wine and art scene. Lake Michigan is my happy place.

@deepwoodslady Ugh the dreaded IV. I have always been a hard poke and they end up using my hand or side of wrist. Now I have lymphedema in one arm, so that arm is out. Sounds like you’re planning some self care today by putting your feet up, good for you!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'4", 46 year-old married female with four kids. There is a lot totally out of my control right now, but I am trying to find ways to manage what I can control...and get ready for the start of a new school year for my kids. I am so grateful for this wonderfully supportive group!

Goals for August:
    Take it one day at a time by logging and checking in daily.

Weight Tracking for August:
    8/01: 184.5?
    8/02: DNW
    8/03: DNW
    8/04: DNW - 8060 steps
  • BittersweetVita
    Options
    I am still at my parents' house, taking care of them after hip replacement surgery and a heart catheterization. I ate too much yesterday, partly because I'm exhausted and stressed, but mainly because my mom made her famous peach cobbler and peanut butter cake in preparation for her recovery. Lol.

@deepwoodslady and @joans1976 - I am glad to hear the scans were clear! I am sorry that the swelling in your arm has not changed yet. Enjoy yoir vacation!

@Buckeyebabe717 and @ddainiak - My neighbor gifted me her old Fitbit and you two have inspired me to make some stepping goals this month. I'm still confused how to use the app, but I love seeing my progress for the day and the inspiration it gives me to push to reach my daily step goal. Starting at 8K for now to build on - don't want to injure myself again like I did during Covid.

@fourathomej - Along with four kids, I am a cancer survivor too! Breast cancer back in 2016 while I was pregnant with my fourth followed by Leukemia in 2018. I used to love BodyPump and all its other classes. I aspire to get back into them. I keep injuring myself, so I'm trying to start at "the beginning" by working on lengthening and strengthening my muscles. Congrats on your new grandbaby - such a cutie!

• Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am still at my parents' house, taking care of them after hip replacement surgery and a heart catheterization. I ate too much yesterday, partly because I'm exhausted and stressed, but mainly because my mom made her famous peach cobbler and peanut butter cake in preparation for her recovery. Lol.

@Buckeyebabe717 and @ddainiak - My neighbor gifted me her old Fitbit and you two have inspired me to make some stepping goals this month. I'm still confused how to use the app, but I love seeing my progress for the day and the inspiration it gives me to push to reach my daily step goal. Starting at 8K for now to build on - don't want to injure myself again like I did during Covid.

Yum, peanut butter cake sounds like something I couldn't resist!

So glad you are loving the progress you see on your Fitbit. I know seeing what I do each day is a big motivator for me. I started off at around 7-8k a day and just built slowly each day and week. It's a lot of fun to look back at how far I have come. I'm excited for you!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,220 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Sounds lovely. Have a wonderful time.
    @BittersweetVita It is really nice to see/feel that you met your goal at the end of the day (mine buzzes too). I too started out slow - 5,000+ steps then moved to 10,000+ and now at my current goal of 16,000+. I love seeing @Buckeyebabe717 's 20,000+ steps - so impressive! I have only made that a couple times in my life - but when the weather gets nicer (a little hot for an afternoon walk) we'll see! Don't know if you did this yet, but you can link your fitbit to MFP and it adds it to your exercise. My goal is to use only /2 of the calories earned by exercise - that works for me. Tried using it all, tried not using any - and neither worked for me. Using half I have had success.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    @Buckeyebabe7l7 Thank you for the shout out. Keeps me going!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,876 Member
    Options
    ts70ou9rzi0k.png

145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from July 31st): 193.8
    Goal: 189.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

08/01-193.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/02-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/03-196.8-(Trend Weight 195.3)- I was gone yesterday in my travels to the CT scan for about 12 hours. We had two meals out. While I watched my portions, we all know about hidden sodium in restaurant food. I was up all night going pee as my lower legs, ankles and abdomen hold this badly. Less pain in the ankles today. No TMI today so that doesn’t help. I have to continue to push water today to get rid of the contrast dye. My arm from the elbow all the way down to the hand is black and blue. Because I can’t use the right side (previous breast cancer/lymph removal) I can only use the left and they kept hitting scar tissue inside my veins from so much use. It took 4 tries and 3 techs but they finally got the I.V. in. Today I feel like an old lady who is falling apart instead of a middle-aged woman with lots of life and vitality left. I’m going to be extra careful with my diet today to mitigate the damage from the restaurant food. I’ll also be elevating my feet several times today. Gonna fit in a little fitness too I hope.

08/04-195.4-(Trend Weight 195.3)- Babysitting last night and today. Being with Owen always warms my heart. In regards to weight: TMI helped because otherwise, it was not the greatest of days. The meals were pre-planned and fine. The snacks were through the roof. However, I did some quick swaps and it helped. Gotta stay focused today. It will be easy and fine all day, it is when the moon comes out that the monsters awake.

08/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    ts70ou9rzi0k.png

145320379.png

What a smile! How wonderful you are getting to spend time with such a cutie!!! ❤️
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    8/01 - 158.7
    8/02 - 158.7 Tracked everything - too many nuts!
    8/03 - 158.7 I am a turtle :(
    8/04 - 158.2 at least it's down - but I was sick again last night :(

A little back story: I had major gallbladder problems last year...on a surgery list, finally went jaundice and they took me in...still had to wait a week before I could get in - ended up having 32 stones removed from my bile duct and another 32 along with my gallbladder. Went in about 3 months ago to have 2 gallstones removed my liver...but I'm still having problems when my fat intake is too high....sometimes I still end up sick even though I kept it low...VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

@Buckeyebabe7l7 - He is adorable!!!
    @BittersweetVita - Peanut butter cake...OMG!!!!
    @joans1976 - She is definitely rolly...all mine were too :D
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited August 2023
    Options
    8/01 - 158.7
    8/02 - 158.7 Tracked everything - too many nuts!
    8/03 - 158.7 I am a turtle :(
    8/04 - 158.2 at least it's down - but I was sick again last night :(

A little back story: I had major gallbladder problems last year...on a surgery list, finally went jaundice and they took me in...still had to wait a week before I could get in - ended up having 32 stones removed from my bile duct and another 32 along with my gallbladder. Went in about 3 months ago to have 2 gallstones removed my liver...but I'm still having problems when my fat intake is too high....sometimes I still end up sick even though I kept it low...VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

@Buckeyebabe7l7 - He is adorable!!!
    @BittersweetVita - Peanut butter cake...OMG!!!!
    @joans1976 - She is definitely rolly...all mine were too :D

Hi, nice to meet you! Glad to have you join us! I think the person you wanted to say "he is adorable" to is deepwoodslady. He is absolutely adorable!
    But I am confused at what you said about your liver...you can't live without one so do you mean your gall bladder? If so, I have had that removed as well. I haven't had any problems since but I was curious when my doctor said I was unusual in that.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Just to add to my last post...I had my gall bladder removed and all my pain was removed with it. I never had any problem since. I thought it was weird when my new dr said most people have problems after...I have never heard that and have never experienced that. Is it normal to have problems after gall bladder removal? I never gave it a second thought....and have had no need to do so since I don't have any issues. I thought he was being dramatic and wanting me to have a problem I did not have..

I have skeptical view of doctors, now. After COVID I realized they are political and I am not kosher with that.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Anyway! Who cares what I think! I want to have a good time and feel good with all the great people here.

Here is a song I sing loud and I dance to with my grands because it is in Sing 2....we jam to it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YynZr3VB6Dw

I have a sweet video of them dancing to the song while the movie is playing...but I can't upload it.

• gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 206
    Goal weight: 146

January end weight: 200.7
    February end weight: 192.1
    March end weight: 185.6
    April end weight: 179.1
    May end weight: 177.7
    June end weight: 177.6
    July end weight: 177.7

🌤️☀️August
    1 177.9
    2 176.7
    3 177.0
    4 176.8
    5 176.4
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    I'm Darlene. I'm 62. I'm Married, and have one kid (28) and one pup (Monty). I have been working on me since mid January and have lost almost 40 pounds to date.

August Goals
    Lose 4 pounds ⚖️
    Log 175+ Miles on Fitbit 🏃‍♂️ Hit the 1,500 fitbit miles mark towards my 2,023 in 2,023.
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily 💦
    Read daily 📖
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧶 🖍️ 🧩

Highest Weight - 227
    Jan Loss - 9 Pound
    Feb Loss - 5 pounds
    March Loss - 5 Pounds
    April Loss - 8 Pounds
    May Loss - 5.2 Pounds
    June Loss - 6.4
    July Loss - 1.0
    July Ending Weight - 187.4

Aug 1 - 186.2
    Aug 2 - 186.6
    Aug 3 - 185 The bloat is ending! 😁
    Aug 4 - 184.2 😁 Woo Hoo! I'm back to my low.
    Aug 5 - 183.4 😁

@deepwoodslady What cutie patootie!

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Well hello August! Summer seems to be flying by!
    I am Amanda, I am from Michigan. I lost 50 pounds last year but have been stuck at pretty much the same weight for about 7 months. This month I would like to put a dent in that number! Hooray for willpower!

SW: 250
    UGW: 150
    7/31: 199.9
    8/31 GW: 195

8/1: 199.4
    8/2: 199.9
    8/3: 199.9
    8/4: 199.4
    8/5: 199.9
    I’m not making many dents in this number these past few months. Maybe I should head over to the maintainer’s group. I don’t *want* this to be my normal weight though. I am not happy here. I’m close to requesting one of you ladies gives me a kick in the pants!!!
  • BittersweetVita
    Options
    I am a 5'4", 46 year-old married female with four kids. There is a lot totally out of my control right now, but I am trying to find ways to manage what I can control...and get ready for the start of a new school year for my kids. I am so grateful for this wonderfully supportive group!

Goals for August:
    Take it one day at a time by logging and checking in daily.

8/01: 184.5?
    8/02: DNW
    8/03: DNW
    8/04: DNW - 8060 steps
    8/05: 181.2 - 5K steps - Returned home late last night. I had a few sweet bites at my parents' house and I was not sure of the exact calorie count in some of those items, but happy to see that I have returned home heading in the right direction that I finally started on last month.
  • BittersweetVita
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - Such a cutie!
    @ddainiak - thanks for the tip on the App. If I have some time and patience today, I will check it out.
    To those with gallbladder issues - I am sorry to hear of what you went through/are going through - hoping you feel better/continue to feel better soon.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,748 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for August:

🏡 Yardwork
    🤿 Swim
    📝 Log consistently
    🐶 Walk and train puppies
    🥗 Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds

🌤️☀️August
    1: 199.6 Moved my daughter back to college today. She starts her RA training tomorrow. So proud of her!
    2: 199.4 Feeling a bit sad. Missing her today. Guess I’ll cut the grass and work in the yard today for a little sun therapy.
    3: 200.4 Boing! Gotta get back to healthier snacking. Taking in carrots to work.
    4: 201.0
    5: 200.7 Must get back into logging food. 🪵

Jill- Happy Weekend, friends!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Anyway! Who cares what I think! I want to have a good time and feel good with all the great people here.

Here is a song I sing loud and I dance to with my grands because it is in Sing 2....we jam to it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YynZr3VB6Dw

I have a sweet video of them dancing to the song while the movie is playing...but I can't upload it.

@Buckeyebabe717 I love Sing 2. I love the way the movie opens!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @fourathomej I'm so sorry you have went through so much after the gallbladder surgery. My BF has a lot of trouble after her surgery is she eats too much fat, nuts, seeds or pork. She has had a lifelong quest to steer clear of many things that affect it. I hope you will feel better soon. Google may help on which foods to avoid.