Restarting and looking for new pals!

Options
Hey there! I'm back after having gained all of the weight back that I lost (and then some) :#

Many of my friends from years back are not active anymore, so I'm looking for some new accountability buddies or otherwise just new pals for encouraging and cheering each other on. Hoping to lose 70~ lbs over the next year or so. I lost 50 lbs before, so I know I can do it again - let's encourage each other to reach our goals!

Feel free to add me or post here and I'll add you :)

Replies

• long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I lost 50lbs twice and regained it. Restarting today. Having similar goals...
  • SpringLove7
    SpringLove7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 20 pounds. A little lost on how to set up the app to help me reach that goal.
  • BoyMama311
    BoyMama311 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went to send you a friend request, but it's giving me an error. I'm also looking for friends so send me a request 😁
  • PinUpDreamer926
    PinUpDreamer926 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! the only active friends I have are not interactive with their friends. So im in search of fbuddies too!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,183 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! the only active friends I have are not interactive with their friends. So im in search of fbuddies too!
    @BoyMama311

MFP has a lot going on. Finding MFPfriends who are active is one big part. Using it to get motivated and informed is another biggie.

First, you two have each other. Friend each other, be motivating, challenge each other, then other new MFPers will want to join you two.

I wanted to run, and to do a weekly weigh in with others. I found groups here that are doing that. What do you want to do? Find them, or start it off yourself. Something vibrant and motivating here is a great thing, and it's free. Join it, or make it.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Restarting. Hadn’t been on the app in so long I had to dust it off when I opened it. Updated my profile pic, joined a few groups, ready to start tracking and holding myself accountable again.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,183 Member
    Options
    Zeppyb wrote: »
    Restarting. Hadn’t been on the app in so long I had to dust it off when I opened it.
    Good, welcome back. Me too.

I think restarting on MFP is this summer's hottest trend!

It's like things have been stressful and weird the last couple of years, and it's time to return to health, happiness, and fitness.
  • JaeJeJae
    JaeJeJae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just joined today. I have gained a little weight. I normally workout 5-6 days and a week and used to walk a lot but a new job, lots of camping and bad diet have caught up with me. I have been slacking in all areas lately. Need motivation. Not sure how to add friends. Can someone add me? Or tell me how to add friends. Thanks! 💗
  • ashleycat7921
    ashleycat7921 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I tried to add you but the Add button is disabled or something. Just says Ignore when I tap it.
    JaeJeJae wrote: »
    Hello. I just joined today. I have gained a little weight. I normally workout 5-6 days and a week and used to walk a lot but a new job, lots of camping and bad diet have caught up with me. I have been slacking in all areas lately. Need motivation. Not sure how to add friends. Can someone add me? Or tell me how to add friends. Thanks! 💗

• StephMarie21404
    StephMarie21404 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I struggle with yo-yo’ing but here I am back to give it another try ☺️
  • CelRe2014
    CelRe2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Lost about 40lbs in 2021 gained back 30lbs in 2022. Now I am struggling to get a good rhythm going to get this weight back off. My long term goal is to lose 90lbs. I have a long road ahead of me.
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So am I! I'm a long time MFP user, but fell away from it for a couple of years, and now the majority of my friends are gone. I could definitely use some friends for some mutual encouragement! Having support makes all the difference! Feel free to add me!
  • ghotty4
    ghotty4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for pals, gained some weight and hoping to start a new me in 2024.