Reason to smile today

Options

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    This might be weird but seeing all the elderly people at the gym getting their workout in made me smile. They just melt my heart seeing them use the machines so delicately and in their normal street clothes but I just LOVE that they show up everyday 🥰 Truly inspirational. If they can show up, so can I!!
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,020 Member
    Options
    This might be weird but seeing all the elderly people at the gym getting their workout in made me smile. They just melt my heart seeing them use the machines so delicately and in their normal street clothes but I just LOVE that they show up everyday 🥰 Truly inspirational. If they can show up, so can I!!
    It’s the guy in the sandals for me
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

All melty and zero weird to me. The older I get the more I love seeing elderly people going for it... living life. Much more inspiring than the fitness influencer's perfectly lit and edited post.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    A lot of things but mostly this morning. It was pretty great 😊
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    A visit to the museum with my boy
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    my youngest has found irl people to talk to about the game he likes
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Had chicken nuggets and fries today and it slaaaapped. I love mc Donald's IDC.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Just had a recruiting call with my daughter to play college soccer - it would be a start up program and she would be part of the first woman’s soccer team at the university - they are ready to offer academic and athletic scholarships - I’m so proud of her hard work - she’s got a few options so far - exciting times ahead
    Love this
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My oldest just texted me to let me know that so far he has done no running at indoc. (10 day bootcamp style indoctrination/orientation). they were going to take his phone right away but I guess they haven’t yet and he texted me!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,053 Member
    Options
    My oldest just texted me to let me know that so far he has done no running at indoc. (10 day bootcamp style indoctrination/orientation). they were going to take his phone right away but I guess they haven’t yet and he texted me!

Kids ain’t always jerks - 😉
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Just had a recruiting call with my daughter to play college soccer - it would be a start up program and she would be part of the first woman’s soccer team at the university - they are ready to offer academic and athletic scholarships - I’m so proud of her hard work - she’s got a few options so far - exciting times ahead

This sounds exciting. Congrats!
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I ran into someone at class that I had lost contact with 10+ years ago. It was a nice surprise.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Wow that's super cool good for her!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I did my program and didn't die and my friend who has seen it from its inception said it's looking better yay
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    I was gifted a 5 Gallon bucket full of apples from someone's back yard. I'm thinking of all the apple pies I'll be baking this fall 🥧 😊