Late 30s, Seeking support from others, who share their food diary

Options
girlinbubble
girlinbubble Posts: 33 Member
edited August 2023 in Motivation and Support
Ive had success in the past, but many people on my friend's list are no longer active on MFP. Ideally, I'd like to make friends who often post their meals. Make friends who post their gains and losses. I'd love if my newsfeed was more active to really motivate me.
I am looking to feel like I am on a team of people who are logging. Also, along with faithful logging, I very much would like friends who share what they eat with other friends. A lot of people do not even realize that your food diary is not automatically seen by friends. People have their food diary as private and do not share what they are eating with their friends. I am really seeking people who share their food so that I can get ideas as to what people are eating. This will help me by giving me some ideas of food. Please do friend me if you feel the same way.
I'm a working female in my late 30s, if that matters.

Replies

• girlinbubble
    Options
    Someone just friended me, and it says they "chose to keep their profile private"... that doesn't help me! :( I am seeking online people, who are active, who post, and share so that I can see, and who share their food diaries.
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I log and share everything, although my meals tend to be a bit repetitive so not sure how much inspiration you'll get from my diary 😄
  • mrsrebeccaplude
    mrsrebeccaplude Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    “ I'd like to make friends who often post their meals. Make friends who post their gains and losses. I'd love if my newsfeed was more active to really motivate me.”

This is exactly how I feel! I’m willing to share my food (the good, the bad, the ugly, and the delicious 😂) but I’m not sure which settings to change.
  • girlinbubble
    Options
    Msrebecca have you gone into settings?? I am better on the computer than the app.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi! @girlinbubble, my diary is open and I log most days, it’s not always healthy but it gets logged 👍 send me a friend request please, there’s a glitch in the system and I’ve been unable to request ppl for a few days now, not sure what’s going there, anyways, I’ve been at this health journey for a few yrs now. I’ve managed to lose and and keep off some pounds but I’m still going, still working towards my goals, slowly but surely 😉 currently working on consistent movement on purpose, staying gluten free and implementing more mediterranean style dishes… what are your goals if you don’t mind sharing ??…
  • girlinbubble
    Options
    @herblovinmom (Your name made me giggle btw) my goal is to practice some self-control, not eat everything I want to just because I have a "craving" or something smells good, but to really only eat when I'm actually hungry, and fuel my day, all with the end result of getting to a more reasonable weight for my body frame. 2nd goal- I need* to create muscle. Im gonna friend request you- I hope you post as much as possible.
  • girlinbubble
    Options
    @mrsrebeccaplude I just sent you a friend request. The app is very different than the computer. Im not sure why. I tried to friend you on the website, and I could not at all. I had to log into my phone. MFP needs to hire some better coders to fix this site.
  • beckymoorebecca
    beckymoorebecca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. I have my dairy public so feel free to add. I'm on Marco counting plan. But have being logging for last 55 days 😎
  • mrsrebeccaplude
    mrsrebeccaplude Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @girlinbubble I’m glad we got connected! I figured out my settings to make my diary public, but I’m not sure how I can see yours. I prefer the app over the website, but both could be adjusted to be a bit smoother.

I also enjoy a “busy” newsfeed, so I might befriend some people in this discussion. Are we all in our 30s?

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm just coming back to MFP and could use new friends (similar story with previous friends not being as active on site anymore). Also female in mid/late 30s. Feel free to send a request.
  • tarabethlim
    tarabethlim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in! I just joined but would love to share my food diary - I used to post faithfully but two kids later I got busy but now I need to get back in it! 36yo woman, work full time, trying to lose 13-16lbs.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    38f, I may or may not meet your requirements as I no longer log food. But I do share pictures of my meals fairly regularly and would be interested in having more friends who also share what they're eating.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    35F also looking for community friends. I had a baby 8 months ago and I am trying to lose 20lbs
    I share diary and recipes please feel free to add me
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I'm 39 and feeling all kinds of strange things about 40. As well as having been through a tough time and gained a huge amount of weight. I've only just braved the scales today for the first time in 18 months...
  • stephlicence1988
    Options
    I've just re-entered the community space on MFP, attempted to add some of you as friends to help share motivational tips, a safe space for struggles and general fitness chat! :) x
  • nevermore6617
    nevermore6617 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log all my stuff—healthy, fast food, alcohol, the whole nine yards and I am active every day (both on my app and physically lol). I am also in my thirties :) and share my food diary because if I eat, I log. Feel free to add ^_^
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am also just getting back in the swing and could use a few posting friends and motivation!