Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to wish everyone a good weekend! I'll be busy with soccer, fall ball and hockey for the boys - then there's the pile of homework I have looming - and let's not forget my house has been neglected majorly lately. :ohwell: I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing and our "break" from the hustle and bustle of the week? Sometimes I wish the work week didn't end so I didn't have to face the weekend. :noway:

On a lighter note - I'll be attending the baby shower for my nephew Jaydin who is due mid-October. I'll be going to Seattle Oct. 12-17 and HE BETTER NOT COME WHEN I'M THERE! :mad: I leave on a Wednesday so I'll take my weigh-in pic that morning and post later on from my hotel, so it won't affect this comp (hopefully!) There's an exercise room at the hotel so hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of it.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm tired for you Katie. Hope it's not too hectic! Have fun in Seatle- I've always wanted to go there and hopefully can soon to visit BIL who's in the navy.. wonder if we get to meet his bunk mates.. oh lala! :wink:

Behaved at dinner team! 2 MGD 64 lemonades 1/2 the blackaned salad and 1/2 regular onion rings (they're my weakness!) came home and took the pooch for a walk, then packed for an hour (ugh lots of bending and reaching, packing my tiny breakables) did enjoy a vino- hopefully just this one glass.

Hoping also my bike tires aren't flat (didn't think of it till bout 30 min ago) so I can ride into the farmer's market and make the hubs and I a yummy big breakfast! Aslo getting marjarom- was told it should help with my joint pain.
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I would consider my weekend successful; I ran on Saturday and today. I'm getting my momentum and endurance back! :bigsmile: My eating was so-so (sushi Friday, Joe's Crab Shack/5 beers at the club Saturday :blushing: , baby shower cake today-but I only ate a SMALL piece) and I figured I needed to combat it with some additional exercise. In the process I met my exercise goal for the week! Go me! :drinker:

I'm going to try and do the Shred tomorrow to give my calves a rest (they're always sore after I haven't ran in a while), then rest Tuesday in hopes of not retaining any water for Wednesday's weigh-in. :noway:

I hope everyone has had a good weekend! And I hope you're all doing good so we stay out of the bottom! WE CAN DO THIS LADIES! :drinker:
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Katie you are an ispiration for sure! Great Job this weekend :)

I have not been very good at all, but the scale said .5 less this morning so its not showing yet :o. I will be good tomorrow and Tuesday - I promise!!

Jessica - -did the marjaram help?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    You'll be fine Anne!!

I think i have to build it up in my system for it to help bu i did put it in the chili! Unfortunately its been overcast and rainy the past 2 days which only makes it all worse. Psh whatever!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Got on the scale this morning to peak - I'm up a pound! WTF!?!?! :noway: I'm hoping (and praying) it's just from the high sodium foods I consumed over the weekend. I've got no reason to not be able to combat it these next 2 days though. I'm optimistic! :bigsmile:

My goal this week is to, again, add a day of exercise (giving my 3 days of working out). Sounds good in theory, huh? :wink: :laugh:
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Got on the scale this morning to peak - I'm up a pound! WTF!?!?! :noway: I'm hoping (and praying) it's just from the high sodium foods I consumed over the weekend. I've got no reason to not be able to combat it these next 2 days though. I'm optimistic! :bigsmile:

My goal this week is to, again, add a day of exercise (giving my 3 days of working out). Sounds good in theory, huh? :wink: :laugh:

You can do it! Is the weather at least nice where you are Katie?

Jessica - I hope the time helps - its great that you exercise so much through the pain - I'm not so sure I would be so determined (now after watching you I might though :))

Have a good Monday everyone.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So, my plan is to do this workout today:
    SARA'S DIRTY DOZEN:

Perform 12 reps of each exercise, alternating back & forth between exercises for 4 minutes per round. Complete as many rounds of each exercise as possible per 4 minutes. If you are a beginner, start with 2-3 minutes per round.

IN/OUT JUMP SQUATS (do a squat with feet together, jump out into a wide leg squat, jump back to narrow squat.)

PUSH UPS (On hands and toes or hands and knees. Keep abs tight and hands a bit wider than your shoulders.)

REST x :60

ALTERNATING REVERSE LUNGES (Step back into reverse lunge with right leg. Return to standing. Step back into lunge with left leg.)

BURPEES (Start in push up position. Jump feet up to hands and come up to standing. Jump up toward sky. Bring hands back ground, and jump legs back out into push up position keeping tight abs.)

SQUAT/FRONT KICK (come down into a squat. Come up and kick right foot out into a forward kick, snapping out from the knee. Come back into squat and then kick left foot.)

SIT UP/PUNCH (Sit up and punch to the left, then right, as if hitting a punching bag, go back down into sit up.)

SKATERS (Hop to the left, balance on L foot, touch R hand to the floor. Hop back to the right, balance on R foot and touch L hand to the floor)

PLANK T's (from plank position, open you body/hips to reach right hand up to the sky, making a "T" with body. Come back to plank and go to the left.)

***DOUBLE DIRTY DOZEN*** (24 reps of each):

HOP SQUATS (Get into low squat position and stay in low squat as you hop 1-2 inches off floor for each rep)
    MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS (In push up position run your legs back in forth, pulling your knees to your chest like your "climbing")

And then drink a ton of water and really watch what I eat...

Have a great Monday everyone!! We got this!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Anne - I'm in Pittsburgh and our temps have been really nice for this time of year (fall can really go either way for us). Yesterday it hit 80! The next few days will be in the 70s, decreasing a bit each day. I REALLY took advantage of the nice weather this weekend with getting my runs in. I loathe the treadmill and don't typically get to run when it's really cold or really hot. I've been wanting to take my bike down to the trail that runs along the river, but getting it there is sometimes more trouble than it's worth. Our bike rack is a POS, and folding the seats down in the SUV and getting it in is a pain. :ohwell:

Dot - Have fun with the dirty dozen! :drinker: :laugh:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends! Sounds lik everyone has stayed pretty motivated over the weekend. Just because the scale doesn't always say what we want it too doesn't mean we didn't work hard! I'm feeling pretty good about this week... I think we will be safe again. Stay positive ladies... we've got this:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    on day 4 of migraines...horrible. Hoping the scale is good to me this week! :grumble: Not much eating, but lots of drivinking coke to get rid of them. Or at least try!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Awe Irish, big hugs.. I'm sending healing thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

I made elk burgers for the hubs and I today (he didn't want 'em yesterday lol) Yuummm! I was naughty and bought a pretzel bun for each of us, topped the bugers with pompadeoux (totally spelled wrong) chevre goat cheese, locally cured bacon and some mayo and bbq sauce.. OH MY GOODNESS!!

We had late breakfast, which made for late lunch, I'm still full.. Thinkin I'm not having the pasta I made but a tomato cucumber salad instead.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Awe Maria... that sucks! I read somewhere that Green Apples, everything about them including the scent alone will help with migraines. It might be worth a try. Definately a better option than coke but whatever helps you feel better. I use to get migraines and I was like dead to the world. I could not function without vomitting. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Jessica, dinner sounds delish.

I shared nachos with my mom tonight... Not the best choice but I only went over on cals by like 25. I did go way over on fat though:sad: I had too much cheese! I can't help but think for me, someone who is ALWAYS super low on calcium , I probably need to eat a little more cheese once in a while. Oh that reminds me, ya know what I did discover the other day?! Cauliflour is loaded with calcium! I had no idea and I frickin' LOVE cauliflour:love:
  • bauer0813
    Options
    Good Morning Gang,
    Well I have 2- 12 hour shifts left than off for 9 days. I am going to make a huge effort to daily post to get back on track. Jumped on the scale and I am up a little so an early workout the next couple of days will hopefully help with that. I will be weighing in late tomorrow around 8:30pm when I get home from work.
    Hope all have a great day!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Welcome Back Bauer!

Irish I hope you're feeling better?!?

Jessica - Elk burgers sound awesome!!! I can't wait for hunting season here to be able to get some venison in me! Your meals always sound sooo yummy.

Kasi - someone on here had a cauliflower soup recipe they were going to post I think??? I remember wanting to try it. I also saw online some pretty interesting recipe for celiacs to substitute cauli for rice. Interesting, and I've been meaning to try it just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Well folks, I hopped on the scale this morning and no loss, no gain. I am going to do C25K Week 5 Day 1 today - I've been stuck at weeks three and four for a while now. This is my meal plan for today - had toast and grapes this am, salad for lunch and will have a crock pot beef stew tonight - but just a small portion with more salad. I have a "potty party" to go to tonight for a neighbors girl who was struggling with potty training - as soon as they instituted a reward system (stickers on a calendar -once filled up cake and ice cream party) she did great! SOOOOO No CAKE for ME!

Have a great day everyone!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Anne - I'm in Pittsburgh and our temps have been really nice for this time of year (fall can really go either way for us). Yesterday it hit 80! The next few days will be in the 70s, decreasing a bit each day. I REALLY took advantage of the nice weather this weekend with getting my runs in. I loathe the treadmill and don't typically get to run when it's really cold or really hot. I've been wanting to take my bike down to the trail that runs along the river, but getting it there is sometimes more trouble than it's worth. Our bike rack is a POS, and folding the seats down in the SUV and getting it in is a pain. :ohwell:

Dot - Have fun with the dirty dozen! :drinker: :laugh:

:) Nice to have good weather this time of year - we are also enjoying 60s-70s right now and the leaves are changing soooo running outside is great!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    ok ok- i t was me lol. I have the recipe! I apologize, we were baby free all weekend so we were busy makin another... bahahaha he wishes, sorry I couldn't resist! Ahead of time my apologies- this recipe was made after I roasted veggies on different days, lol

So the soup made 3 cups - 1 cup per portion so 3 portions! Italian Sausage is up to you!

1 head of cauliflower (only half goes into the soup)
    -season with a bit of olive oil, salt pepper, curry powder and honey-roast at 375 til tender and a bit brown

handful of very small carrots (maybe 2 large? they were from my garden and VERY small)
    -season with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and fresh basil- roast at 375 til tender and a bit brown

ok- put half of your cauliflower away for a different day- the other half you have- put about 2/3's in a soup pot with your carrots and 2 cup chicken stock- simmer until very tender.

Meanwhile brown 1# Italian Sausage (it was just a mild) in about 1 T coconut oil- once browned off add about 1/4 cup of your fav white wine- I had Reisling I really only added about 1/2 cup of meat into my soup ok back to the soup!

Once your veggies are nice and soft blend either in blender or with an emersion blender. Once nice and smooth add about 1-2 T of heavy whipping cream while blending. Season to taste. Now cut your leftover 1/3 of cauliflower into tiny florets and add, also add your sausage.

YUM! So much flavor. Sorry the recipe its self is all goof-a-fied. Like I said it was a spur of the moment with the veg I roasted.

per 1 cup serving- cals-154, fiber-4 g, fat-8 g, protein- 4 g, carbs- 14 g, sodium- 736

Sodium could be lowered by using reduced sodium stock- I actually use a stock base by Orrington Farms when I don't have my own on hand.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Marie hope the head feels better!!

Anne- the leaves changing is my favorite part of living in the north and having 4 seasons... soon to change moving to Houston.. uuugghh lol.

Bauer enjoy your days off! my oh my I do not miss working hours like that!

Katie enjoy your warm while it lasts! We don't get above 60 much more now

Looked more into close Universitys to where we're moving- UHouston only 20 miles away has a BA in Nutrition!! I would be a person to recken with eh- Associates in Culinary with a BA in Nutrition, BAM! lol

Hopped on the scale this morning- down .8 !!! Hopin for over a pound of a loss tomorrow morning!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Looked more into close Universitys to where we're moving- UHouston only 20 miles away has a BA in Nutrition!! I would be a person to recken with eh- Associates in Culinary with a BA in Nutrition, BAM! lol

So now I know why you eat food that makes me drool - culinary!

Posted weight - down 10 pounds since we started! WOOOOHHHOOOO!

Thanks for the support ladies - now lets win this round!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    haha yes its possible Anne Congrats on the weight loss! that's tremendous!!!

Only 1 pound down this week, sorry ladies. but sure as hell beats 5 pounds ADDED like last weeks herendous weigh in. I can only get better, and will get better for the team!!!

*UPDATE!*

I'm 1.8 pounds down! yaaaay