Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• paulahhhh
    Options
    I think I found another challenger :D She's sending you a message soon, Ross!
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks nmartin! We won't be moving back until the end of October. But, we have to get everything organized now. :ohwell:
  • BttrflyKisses925
    BttrflyKisses925 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey everybody! I'm new , and as far as I know not going naywhere so no worries! GO PEACHES!!!!!

-Nikki
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Welcome Nikki! Great to have you!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to the weekly winners: RED APPLES have captured the title for the second week in a row! And we have a new individual winner this week -- MIASUNSHINE! Great work this week Mia!

Keep up the awesome work everyone!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Miasunshine! And well done to Red Apples again! :)

And welcome Nikki! Great to have you here!
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So sad to be losing people :(
    Give it all you've got, it'll be the end of the challenge before you know it and you want to feel good having lost some weight by then! Here's hoping everyone has a good week this week and loses something. xx
  • BttrflyKisses925
    BttrflyKisses925 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome :D happy to be here!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    okay blueberries........... we have yet to win a weekly challenge, lets make this week our week!!!!!!!
  • cmiles23
    Options
    FIRST OFF WELCOME NIKKI I HOPE THIS CHALLENGE HELPS YOU LIKE IT HAS BEEN HELPING ME, AND IM SURE YOU WILL SEE REGARDLESS OF WHAT TEAM YOU ARE ON WE ARE ALL ONE BIG SUPPORT GROUP FOR ONE ANOTHER, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME, AND GOOD LUCK!!!

2ND I WEIGH IN ON MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS.....AND FOR THE LONGEST TIME IVE BEEN GAINING BETWEEN THURSDAY AND MONDAYS WEIGH IN......... JUST WEIGHED IN AND LOST .6 FROM THURSDAY, YAY!!!!! SUPER EXCITED AND EVEN MORE DETERMINED TO LOSE MORE BY THE TIME THURSDAY ROLLS AROUND.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE TEAMS THIS WEEK AND REMEMBER TO DRINK A TON OF WATER, IT TRULY DOES HELP!

- CHERI
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    okay blueberries........... we have yet to win a weekly challenge, lets make this week our week!!!!!!!

Totally agree! Let's do this berries!!

We have another new member...Pantgrrl! She is joining the GREEN GRAPES so everyone welcome her!

Cheri- nice work on the loss over the weekend! That seems to be the hardest part for most of us. Good work!

As for me, I'm meeting my new trainer this morning and I can't wait to figure out a plan with her. Things just aren't working for me currently so I'm looking forward to some guidance and another boost of motivation. Happy monday everyone!
  • cmiles23
    Options

Totally agree! Let's do this berries!!

We have another new member...Pantgrrl! She is joining the GREEN GRAPES so everyone welcome her!

Cheri- nice work on the loss over the weekend! That seems to be the hardest part for most of us. Good work!

As for me, I'm meeting my new trainer this morning and I can't wait to figure out a plan with her. Things just aren't working for me currently so I'm looking forward to some guidance and another boost of motivation. Happy monday everyone!

WELCOME PANTGRRL!!!!
    THANKS ROSS, THIS IS A DEFINITE VICTORY FOR ME! AND I HOPE YOU LOVE (HATE) YOUR TRAINER :) LOL LOVE THEM FOR MAKING YOU HURT :)
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ross - maybe this is the change you need in order to kick some weight-loss butt!!!

Alright, BLUE BERRIES! This is OUR week! Let's make this happen!

Who has a new challenge for this week???
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm kind of feeling weird about something. A friend of mine, who is also on this site, called me out for 'controlling every aspect of my health' today, just because I said I couldn't wait for tomorrow morning to be back at the gym. I mean, yes I measure and count my servings, and I'm conscientious about what I eat, when I eat, and how much water I drink, and I'm active every day. I don't really see it as controlling everything, because I've really grown to love working out at the gym, and I like eating healthy and not over-eating. Does she have a point? Am I taking this overboard?
  • cmiles23
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm kind of feeling weird about something. A friend of mine, who is also on this site, called me out for 'controlling every aspect of my health' today, just because I said I couldn't wait for tomorrow morning to be back at the gym. I mean, yes I measure and count my servings, and I'm conscientious about what I eat, when I eat, and how much water I drink, and I'm active every day. I don't really see it as controlling everything, because I've really grown to love working out at the gym, and I like eating healthy and not over-eating. Does she have a point? Am I taking this overboard?

IS YOUR FRIEND OVERWEIGHT?
    I DON THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TAKING IT OVERBOARD.......... ILL ADMIT I FELT A LITTLE ANAL THE OTHER NIGHT AT DINNER WHEN I CUT EVERYTHING IN HALF AND PUT IT IN A TOGO BOX BEFORE I STARTED EATING BUT I TELL YOU WHAT IT WORKED FOR ME SO WHO CARES!!!!!!!!
  • Nikki881
    Options

I DON THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TAKING IT OVERBOARD.......... ILL ADMIT I FELT A LITTLE ANAL THE OTHER NIGHT AT DINNER WHEN I CUT EVERYTHING IN HALF AND PUT IT IN A TOGO BOX BEFORE I STARTED EATING BUT I TELL YOU WHAT IT WORKED FOR ME SO WHO CARES!!!!!!!!

She's about ten pounds heavier than I am, and she's struggled with an eating disorder for years, she's trying to get out of that. You would think that SHE would be controlling... I've just changed my relationship with food! It's fuel, not comfort or something to do when I'm bored... I mean, yes, I still love food, and every now and then I can indulge a bit, but not the way I used to, and I don't miss it. I don't walk around wishing I could eat the way I used to, because I don't like the way I used to look. I'm liking what I'm seeing now, and I'm being healthy to get results.
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Oops, I meant Plantgrrl...not Pantgrrl.

Nikki- If you are happy and you are enjoying how you feel when you workout and eat healthy, then I don't think you are going overboard. I think you know your limits. If there are underlying feelings of self-hate and dread for workouts, then I think you'd have a problem but as far as I can tell, you're in the clear! Keep your head up and don't let anyone get you down!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Oops, I meant Plantgrrl...not Pantgrrl.

Nikki- If you are happy and you are enjoying how you feel when you workout and eat healthy, then I don't think you are going overboard. I think you know your limits. If there are underlying feelings of self-hate and dread for workouts, then I think you'd have a problem but as far as I can tell, you're in the clear! Keep your head up and don't let anyone get you down!

Thanks Ross! You're definitely right, and I'm loving myself more and more, now that I can see the changes.
  • cmiles23
    Options

She's about ten pounds heavier than I am, and she's struggled with an eating disorder for years, she's trying to get out of that. You would think that SHE would be controlling... I've just changed my relationship with food! It's fuel, not comfort or something to do when I'm bored... I mean, yes, I still love food, and every now and then I can indulge a bit, but not the way I used to, and I don't miss it. I don't walk around wishing I could eat the way I used to, because I don't like the way I used to look. I'm liking what I'm seeing now, and I'm being healthy to get results.

maybe she just wishes she had your self control?? in any case if she is being negative just ignore her, or you could try to help her see the light!
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Try not to be mad at her, because she's struggled with an eating disorder she is trying to learn that her extreme control of eating habits and exercise is too much and is learning to relax around food which is the opposite of what you are trying to do at the moment.
    It's very scary for people who have eating disorders especially when dieting because old habits creep back and they don't want to revisit that scary place. Her goals at the moment are different to yours. It might be best not to use her as a support for your weight loss because it can fuel people with eating disorders to diet harder, like a competition.
    X
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    YAY!! Welcome to our family tree, plantgrrl!! <3

Challenge for the week - Something cute...
    Go for a walk/jog/run around your neighborhood or wherever you want... But NOT at the gym & take a picture of something beautiful. some kind of flower, bush, tree, birds, kids playing, what have you... Post it here, or somewhere..

Maybe we can gain inspiration from this.. To enjoy the simple things in life. :D