LESS Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Quick check in - as already mentioned, I had more A on vacation than planned (gone 15 days) but did accomplish LA in my choices. Ready to set September LA goals and get back to a good routine! Planning an AF night.

Totals: AF Days - 9
    A - 20
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling......

...mostly better. Not having anything to drink in the house is good. I'm not buying anything at the moment, I need to really get clear of it all for a while and the less I drink, the better I feel. Even when I do drink, I know that. I know that even if I'm not getting sloppy or drinking until I barf or pass out, even if I don't wake up hung over, I generally feel better overall when I don't drink. We don't always make decisions based on what we know, though, I suppose.

I'm actually kind of proud of myself for turning this around, I have more AF days than I thought I would this month, and even the LA days are more than I expected. I'm going to try to keep this going.

The microdosing seems to really be helping me stay on a more even keel and not get hung up on a toxic internal monologue or slip into a rut. It isn't that I don't feel...I spent some time today really missing the boys, and contemplating my current direction. But it doesn't leave me feeling like I'm drowning, that was the hard part.

My weight loss is getting back on track as well, and I'm both excited to see where I'm going and at the same time dreading the holidays - that's when I'm most prone to get off track again. It doesn't matter that I don't care about big holiday meals, everybody around me insists that we must have them. Anyway, right now I'm wobbling around about 10lb lower than where I've been wobbling most of the year - mid 170s instead of mid 180s and the trend is dropping slowly.

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    22 - AF
    8 - A
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    @mfowler883 I don’t know anything about microdosing, but it sounds like it’s working for you! Glad to hear you’re getting
    into a better place.

AF again tonight! Goal achieved!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    AF - 28
    A -2

:)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I also am thinking about @MissMay. It has really been the summer of natural disaster for her!

Nice seeing you @dawnbgethealthy and great month for you! Nice seeing new posters, too.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    August was okay - I made mostly good lower alcohol decisions while I was a
    on vacation for exactly half the month. But, I know I had three of those “don’t care days” which turned into more than my 2 glass limits.

Now that I will be home today, I’ll be switching gears and have the time and motivation to focus on new goals.

AF 10 and A 21 (several 6-9% low alcohol choices)

Hope to see you all on the September LA board.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @mfowler883 I don’t know anything about microdosing, but it sounds like it’s working for you! Glad to hear you’re getting
    into a better place.

AF again tonight! Goal achieved!

Yeah I didn't know much about it myself, I'd seen references to it in passing and one day I decided to look into it a little more. My friend had given me a small amount a while back and I'd been keeping it in the safe since I don't really do that sort of thing anymore; so, after doing a little research, I decided to try it. It just seemed like at worst, I wouldn't get anything out of it, but at best it may help me get my head together. I'm a little over a week in now, taking about .085g once every three days. I'll probably increase to .1g when I make more capsules. (Recreational use is usually two to four grams, microdoses usually range in the ballpark of .1-.2g, although all of those numbers can vary depending upon the strain in question, amongst other factors.) It's really interesting to see the research, some sources say it's not really a thing, but far more seem to indicate that it can really provide positive results, ranging from cognitive enhancements, improved mood, increased creativity, and a heightened sense of well-being to treating migraine and cluster headaches. I was also interested to see how it might help with my attempts to reduce my alcohol use.

Still no alcohol in the house, and still no plans to procure more. August numbers:

16 A
    6 LA
    9 AF

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    22 AF
    9 A
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    12 AF
    19 A
    Not my best but there were some vacation days in there. On to September...