Couch to 5K (C25K) beginners group

Options
Anyone recently started C25K?

I completed the program in 2016 and it was great. I was running 30/40 minutes 3x a week non stop for over a year after, so I know it works!

Starting again after not running for years and it’s like I’ve never ran in my life. Was it this hard to start last time?😰

Just completed W1D2 today with my partner who is doing it with me. I’m doing it outside this time which seems 100% harder than the treadmill!

Anyone else at the beginning?

Replies

• kstevens2020
    kstevens2020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started this. I have never been able to run so this will be interesting. I am fairly active and enjoy horse riding and swimming and do a lot of walking but wanted to try something different. Today was week one day one. I managed to do alll of the runs (slow jog) felt great after. Going to aim for Monday Wednesday and Friday as c25k days with swimming on Tuesday and Thursdays and horse riding Saturday. Sunday off.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm back again starting the program for the umpteenth time myself. Just started last week, I'll be doing W2D1 tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone here!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of following C25K as I've not run since early December due to an accident. Last night I ran 350m and walked 150m up to 5km. Looks like this is the maximum I can run at the moment. My plan is to decrease walking and increasing running slowly over the next few weeks, with a few very slow runs where I try to get as far as possible.
  • briscogun
    Options
    Finished W2D2 today. I ended up missing a day and now I'm on a Tues, Thurs, Sat rotation. I gotta get back on a Mon, Wed, Fri going forward, so that'll be my challenge next week.
  • kstevens2020
    Options
    Well done to all keep going. I just finished week one and feel great 👍 looking forward to week 2
  • cssumner44
    cssumner44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On about my 10th time starting, but looks like it may be my second time finishing. W8D1 complete!
  • chirpski
    chirpski Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I can run, in the past I've done a half marathon in 2h20m. I fall off the wagon then start again. I Spin and do Les Mills Body Pump and Combat classes, I'm pretty fit overall but it still hurts like hell every time i start running again. C25K are good but pick the right one and stick to the plan religiously, don't do more than the plan and get over confident. The one i used when i first started was from a book called Run Fat B*tch Run, excellent plan, starts at 16 minutes (4x 3 mins walk/1 min jog) all the way up to 5km, really worked for me.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone doing?

I done W4 D1 yesterday and felt great after (not so much during!). To think I ran for 5 minutes straight, TWICE, when a month ago I could hardly do 60 seconds…
    I know it works because I’ve done it before, but it amazes me still.

Keep it up guys!
  • briscogun
    Options
    Completed W3D3 today. I'm kind of off a bit as far as starting a new running week when my actual week starts, so I'm thinking of repeating the day on Friday then starting W4D1 on Monday, but we'll see how spunky I feel on Friday.
  • kstevens2020
    Options
    Just finished week 3. Felt good. Ready for week 4. Keep up the good work
  • briscogun
    Options
    W4D1 done! I was NOT feeling it this morning, probably should’ve eaten something since I hadn’t had any food for like 14 hours but managed to get it done. That last 5 minute segment felt like forever though.

Weekend off, back at it Monday!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Started week 5 yesterday and it went well👍🏼
  • kstevens2020
    Options
    Week 4 done. On to week 5. Still really enjoying it. Keep up the good work
  • kstevens2020
    Options
    Hi all just checking in. Well done for those still going. I am just starting week 7 nearly there. Feeling fitter stronger and less wobbly. Let us know how you are doing.