πŸƒπŸ‚September Daily Weigh-in and Logging ChallengeπŸ‚πŸƒ

Options

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hi gang, my name is Stormy. I started out the year great but fell off the wagon due to a number of excuses I won't bore you with. I'm back to finish off 2023 and get back to a more healthy weight. I obviously started this Sep challenge a little late but would like to hang with you guys for the remainder of the month and beyond if you all continue.

FYI, I'm low carb, keto-ish, and intermittent fasting. I tend to lose big numbers fast when I begin but will taper off as I approach a more healthy sustainable weight. I'm hoping to lean hard on you guys for support and accountability as my weight loss dwindles in the days to come.

Sep 4: 190.0
    Sep:5: 189.6
    Sep 6: 188.0
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,760 Member
    Options
    πŸ‚πŸƒHello, I’m Jill. πŸ₯°I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for September :

🏑 Yardwork
    🀿 Swim until end of September
    πŸ“ Log consistently
    🐢 Walk and train puppies
    πŸ₯— Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost:

πŸƒπŸ‚SeptemberπŸ‚πŸƒ
    1: 200.6 Happy September 1st!
    2: 199.6
    3: 199.3
    4: 200.8
    5: 200.9
    6: 202.2… time to get it back together

Jill
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly. This daily group accountability is awesome! I absolutely love this group.

Goals for September:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week
    Strength training...what I can tolerate and build from there
    Hit my original goal weight of 150

I am going to be transitioning slowly to a maintaining phase of my journey. But I think I do want to get into the mid 140's. So, I want to take this month to lose weight but slow the process down. I will be doing my morning 5 mile walks during the week but I won't push myself to get the same amount of steps each day. I think about 12-15k per day will be good. I will be adding strength training. I have never been good at maintaining so this will be a learning process and I want to slow my weight loss down and gradually get there.

SW:262
    September SW:155
    September GW:150 or a few pounds into 140's
    UGW:150 or below

September:
    1. Logged, rest day
    2. Logged, walked, 10k+
    3. Logged, walked, 10k+, strength training
    4. Logged, walked, 10k+, strength training
    5. Logged, walked, 15k+, strength training
    6. Logged, walked, 15k+
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,253 Member
    Options
    I'm Janice...54 yrs old, married 26 years with 4 kids, One 24 week old grandbaby and a small zoo :D I live I'm Janice...54 yrs old, married 26 years with 4 kids, One 24 week old grandbaby and a small zoo :D I live in Edmonton.Alberta,Canada and I work for Hallmark. I am an avid cyclist...I love to walk, hike, spin class, BodyCombat and BodyPump. I sometimes teach spin classes at a friends gym. I also like to read(audiobooks) and watch movies!!😁
    9 year breast cancer survivor...Osteoarthritis in most of my joints...limited range of motion in my knees, but all bearable for now..
    Highest weight:197.6
    Goals:
    1. Following my Les Mills September calendar
    2. Yoga
    3. Tracking everything
    4. Journaling

September WI
    1 - 154.2 - up again but not sad about it - ate out - BFF's birthday yesterday <3
    2 - 154.2 - Just glad it's leveled out again :)
    3 - 154.2 - 🍷🍷
    4 - 154.4 - 😑😑
    5 - 154.2 - 😞
    6 - 154 - WHOOP!! :D

@bittersweetvita Fingers crossed here too!! 🀞
    Welcome @LunasPaigeLily and @EllieLou3
  • ocho_1
    ocho_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Eta. Started a new job this fall teaching at a University. My littlest just started kindergarten. Transitions tend to throw me off and I end up forgetting to exercise and eat mindfully. I am hoping to gain accountability in this group

Exercise Goal: Skipping and weight exercises at least 5 days a week.
    Nutrition: 2L of water daily: Eat more veggies: Limit my snack to 1/3 cup oats a day (I tend to overdo this!!)
    Intermittent fasting: Stop eating by 6pm till breakfast time.

Current weight: 161lbs
    Goal: 145 lbs

I aim for weekly weight-ins so next up will be Thursday morning (13th).

You got this everyone!!!
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sept. 1- 141.0 I logged :)
    Sept. 2- 139.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 3- 138.6 I logged :) I think I'm experiencing some quick weight loss that can happen when I simply start watching what I eat and drinking more water.... Nice to see; it will probably steady out.
    Sept. 4- 138.8 I logged :) A potluck yesterday and out to a restaurant today; determined to log
    Sept. 5- 139.4 (I liked yesterday's weight better. Oh well, keep moving forward.)
    Sept. 6- 138.8 I logged! :) Did not finish logging yesterday. It was cycle day 1 and I totally blew it on calories. Next time I plan to adjust my calorie goal to maintenance on cycle day 1... maybe that will help...
    Sept. 7-
  • EllieLou3
    EllieLou3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Just back from a lovely walk in the countryside and managed the gym last night! Woohoo! So...what's the best way to do this...repost the original post every day? Can you simply update the first post with daily weight, or something else?! I definitely need the daily accountability of recording my weight regardless of fluctuations. I'd appreciate tips from those who have been doing it a while as this is going to be part of my routine and is new for me!

6th Sept: 191.6 (SW)
    7th Sept: 188.2
    GW: 165

Daily behaviours reminder:
    1. MAINTAINING A STRICT STRUCTURE ROUTINE[/b] - 6am start, 10pm bed & use daily diary
    2. TRACKING ALL CALORIES-1500 calories every day - no cheating, including the weekend!
    4. EXERCISE by attending 3 gym classes per week
    5. SPENDING TIME IN NATURE every day - dog walking + podcast/ audiobook
    6. CONNECTING with the people I love
    7. BEING CREATIVE - read or play the piano every day.

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,571 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. I am 63, married, (Greg), have one daughter, 29 (Allyson) and one 4-year-old Goldendoodle, Monty. I have been with this group since April of this year. I love this group.

Happy Fall

September Goals πŸ‚
    Lose 4 pounds βš–οΈ
    Hit the 1,750 mile marker towards my 2,023 in 2,023. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ
    16k Steps Daily πŸ‘£
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily πŸ’¦
    Strength Train 3 days a weekπŸ’ͺ
    Tai Chi or Some Stretching exercise 1 day a week 🧘
    Log my food daily πŸ–₯️
    Read πŸ“–
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧢 πŸ–οΈ 🧩
    βš–οΈ πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘£πŸ’¦πŸ’ͺ🧘 πŸ–₯️ πŸ“–πŸ§Ά πŸ–οΈ 🧩

Weight Loss to Date: 48.2 Pounds
    July Ending Weight: 179.8

Sep 1: 179.8 πŸ‘£πŸ’¦πŸ’ͺπŸ–₯οΈπŸ“–πŸ§Ά πŸ–οΈ
    Sep 2: 179.6 πŸ‘£πŸ’¦πŸ–₯οΈπŸ“– πŸ–οΈ
    Sep 3: 179.8πŸ‘£πŸ’¦ πŸ–₯️ 🧢 πŸ–οΈ
    Sep 4: 179.4πŸ‘£πŸ’¦ πŸ–₯️ πŸ“–πŸ§Ά
    Sep 5: 179.2 πŸ‘£ πŸ’¦πŸ–₯️ πŸ“–
    Sep 6: 179 πŸ’¦πŸ§˜ πŸ–₯️ We are refinishing our hallway/pantry floor this week, so emptied the pantry, washed the shelves and painted. Busy day - starting refinishing the floors today. It's surprising how much stuff I had in that pantry closet. My living room is filled with junk! Can't wait for it to be finished so I can put my house back in order. Met my 1,600 mile marker yesterday! 😁
    Sep 7: 178.6 😁Had a snag in the refinishing yesterday - After sanding for a couple hours yesterday, realized the floors are in worse shape than we thought. The machine we rented wasn't powerful enough to go down as far as we need; so we returned it. Renting a different kind today - hoping it will work! If not, I think we'll need to rip it up and put down a new floor. Regardless, when they are done I will be happy- now a dusty, messy house! YUCK!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,571 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @LunasPaigeLily @EllieLou3 @Rinoga @stormywxs288 @ocho-1 Welcome to this wonderful group. A lot of new people this round! Hope you love it as much as I do.

@deepwoodslady When I was on weight watchers years ago, it was brought up at a meeting that you should zig zag your days to confuse your body - especially to overcome a plateau. In theory, as long as you are under your CICO for the week (or in their case the weekly points value) sounds logical! 😁

@laufmane - Happy Birthday to the little one!

@Bittersweetvita - Fantastic - it's time for you to join me in the 70s - almost there. 😁
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    @ddainiak I forgot to congratulate you on hitting the 1,600 mile mark for the year!!! That's an amazing accomplishment. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I hope your new machine works out. We are refinishing our basement right now and having to rip out anything and buy new is soooo expensive. 🀞
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,760 Member
    Options
    πŸ‚πŸƒHello, I’m Jill. πŸ₯°I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for September :

🏑 Yardwork
    🀿 Swim until end of September
    πŸ“ Log consistently
    🐢 Walk and train puppies
    πŸ₯— Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost:

πŸƒπŸ‚SeptemberπŸ‚πŸƒ
    1: 200.6 Happy September 1st!
    2: 199.6
    3: 199.3
    4: 200.8
    5: 200.9
    6: 202.2… time to get it back together
    7: 201.6

Jill
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    6: 203.6
    7: 205.0

Got into the cheesy carbs last night. Had a lot of calories left on the table and I didn't approach it correctly. I went overboard, way overboard! The scales are up a pound and a half this morning. Drinking my water as we speak and already went for a walk. A longer walk than I had planned, but all is good. My knee seems to be handling it (still "feeling" my knee) but the rest of my legs are barking at me because of the sedentary lifestyle the last three months. Building up endurance is the only way to stop the barking.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @EllieLou3 You can just copy and paste your previous post and then add that morning's weigh-in before hitting enter.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited September 2023
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: Β»
    6: 203.6
    7: 205.0

Got into the cheesy carbs last night. Had a lot of calories left on the table and I didn't approach it correctly. I went overboard, way overboard! The scales are up a pound and a half this morning. Drinking my water as we speak and already went for a walk. A longer walk than I had planned, but all is good. My knee seems to be handling it (still "feeling" my knee) but the rest of my legs are barking at me because of the sedentary lifestyle the last three months. Building up endurance is the only way to stop the barking.

Well, I know how that goes...cheesy carbs are a weakness of mine. I'm sure your weight was up due to the salt content. But you're course correcting today by drinking water and getting your body moving so that's great. πŸ‘πŸ» I'm sure the more you consistently walk you will have less discomfort. That's so great you looked at where you fell short yesterday and made great adjustments for a successful TODAY!
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sept. 1- 141.0 I logged :)
    Sept. 2- 139.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 3- 138.6 I logged :) I think I'm experiencing some quick weight loss that can happen when I simply start watching what I eat and drinking more water.... Nice to see; it will probably steady out.
    Sept. 4- 138.8 I logged :) A potluck yesterday and out to a restaurant today; determined to log
    Sept. 5- 139.4 I liked yesterday's weight better. Oh well, keep moving forward.
    Sept. 6- 138.8 I logged! :) Did not finish logging yesterday. It was cycle day 1 and I totally blew it on calories. Next time I plan to adjust my calorie goal to maintenance on cycle day 1... maybe that will help...
    Sept. 7- 138.0
    Sept.8-
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Rinoga wrote: Β»
    Hi! I’m Athena, I’m about to be 33, divorced, and am 5’. I was in Jill’s challenges heavily last year and the year before that and saw great progress, I got to 139. I went back into old habits and have been fluctuating between 155 and 153. I’m ready to start making progress again!

Starting weight: 153
    Goal weight: 126
    Month goal: 151

🍁Goals🍁

πŸ‚ Drink 3 jugs of water a day
    πŸƒ Work out 4Xs a week
    πŸ‚ Portion control
    πŸƒ Track weight

@Rinoga Welcome back! It's so nice to see you again!

• deepwoodslady
    Options
    Hi gang, my name is Stormy. I started out the year great but fell off the wagon due to a number of excuses I won't bore you with. I'm back to finish off 2023 and get back to a more healthy weight. I obviously started this Sep challenge a little late but would like to hang with you guys for the remainder of the month and beyond if you all continue.

FYI, I'm low carb, keto-ish, and intermittent fasting. I tend to lose big numbers fast when I begin but will taper off as I approach a more healthy sustainable weight. I'm hoping to lean hard on you guys for support and accountability as my weight loss dwindles in the days to come.

Sep 4: 190.0
    Sep:5: 189.6
    Sep 6: 188.0

@stormywxs288 It's wonderful to have you here! Thanks for joining. You'll love Jill's challenge. Support all the way.....
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: Β»
    @deepwoodslady - So sorry to hear about your community. Thinking of you. I've been meaning to ask (I might have missed the post when you discussed), but what are you doing to your home with all the handymen?

@ddainiak There are a lot of projects in the plans. Right now they are working on the installation and inside trim of a big bow window (picture window) in the livingroom. They are also working on retiling the fireplace hearth, painting the fireplace front (glass thingy) in black heat resistant paint and cleaning the stones on it. I am considering have them white wash it as a winter project down the road. Next up will be to redo the "stink pipe" up on the roof that assists one of the bathrooms and replace the boot up there. They will power wash my roof when they get up there too. Also, they will redo the walls and tiling in one of the bathrooms soon inside the shower. We have very big, dusty plans for this winter.....