Daily check in for support and accountability

Options

Replies

• Agefyter18
    Agefyter18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I don't need to lose a lot of wt but I do need to lose some, as well as eat HEALTHIER. I'm 61, retired 4 yrs now and enjoying life and travel. I LOVE good food. Not a dessert eater or snacker but wine replaces that. I've been away from MFP for a yr or 2 but jump back when I need to reset and be accountable.

I don't post in Community hardly but I'm saving this thread. Y'all seem nice and compatible.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    September 9, 2023

Good morning!
    Yesterday went well. I met my calorie and other nutrition goals for the day. Pre-logging was very helpful in making that happen. I did however, have a challenge resisting to binge eat, later that night. I tried to replace my desire to eat with a bottle of water. I need to have a supply of high protein snacks on hand. Something like shrimp would work nice.

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Jenna Wolfe
  • theheathengoat6291
    Options
    Hello! I'm really trying to get back on track and downloaded MFP. I've used it before but got lazy with it and eventually stopped using it. My highest weight was 248. I lost 48lbs by counting calories and regular exercise. But at the start of this year I slacked off due to stress. I'm up to 217.5 now. I'm really wanting to get back into healthy eating and get some of this weight off.

Highest Weight: 248
    Starting Weight: 217.5
    Current Weight: 217.5
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 842 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in
    HW 234
    CW 191, also last week
    GW 159

Yikes. I wrote a whole draft and gone gone gone.

I've been slacking unmotivated for months. I don't eat much and have managed to stay in Onederland (I can't remember who said that in here :smile:). But now that hubby got his clearance from surgery to swim and do whatever, I'm jumping in there too. I need structure to exist well. And hubby in recovery just wasn't giving me that. I wanted to be flexible for whatever he needed and not do stuff he couldn't and blah blah blah. It was only 6 weeks. But now I've lost any aerobic fitness I had. Tomorrow...we swim!

By the way, anyone ever try Pilates? I'm thinking that might be a nice low impact strength thing. I'm interested if anyone has an experience to share.

Happy to hear about your walks! They're so nice for communicating... Getting fresh air... Just good for lots of stuff. As long as doctor says you're good, why not?! Come on walking weather!

I’ve done Pilates a few times and liked it more than any other thing I’ve tried (cycling, yoga, barre, orange theory, etc) but the reason I’m responding is because a very dear friend of mine has been a Pilates instructor for years and she looks INCREDIBLE!!! She has curves and muscles and she’s incredibly agile. I highly recommend giving it a shot. I’m inspired now 🤭.
  • dogwalker157
    dogwalker157 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good morning All
    Nice to see all the new folks who share similar goals.
    I'm trying to get back to making better choices and with the summer nearing an end this might be easier. I've managed to log for the last few days and am slowly getting within reach of my calorie goal.

@ddsb1111 - I've wanted to try pilates but thought it seemed too challenging. Maybe I should at least give it a try!

Have a good day!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 10, 2023

Good morning!
    And that it is! God bless this day, and I thank him, for all the strength and will-power he has given me, to progress through this journey, I am on. May he provide you with strength to get through whatever challenge you may be going through in your life.

My husband and I attended a wedding last night. I'm proud of myself. I resisted temptation and ate meat and veggies. Got some good exercise in dancing too. A little sore today...hehehe. I used to do pilates. I enjoyed it, after I built up some strength, and flexibility. I think it's something I'd like to start doing again. Thanks for discussing it. I'll keep you up on my progress and any tips I remember along the way.

• Veta2018
    Options
    September 11, 2023

Hello!
    It's the end of the season for my garden. It's been a nice go-to for eating healthy. I gathered the final zucchini, squash, cucumbers and peppers. I'll be having pumpkin seeds and brussel sprouts soon. I had way to many tomatoes. Made Pico de Gallo, tomato sauce, roasted tomatoes and add them to many meals. I enjoy gardening, it's like my sanctuary.

♥️ Remembering those who lost their lives on 9/11 and my thoughts go out to their friends and family today. ♥️
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 12, 2023

Hi, I weighed in at 174. That's a 3 lbs loss a week. I'm comfortable with that. However, I am feeling moody, sad, and kind of irritable today. I didn't want to get out of bed. I just wanted to stay in bed all day, but my food alarm went off. I have an alarm set to eat every 3 hours. So I got up to eat and start my day. I hope it gets better. Also, I hope everyone is making progress. I haven't seen any action here in a few days. If you've fallen off track, get up get moving. It's a new day and another chance to get it right.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 13, 2023

Good morning!
    My mood improved yesterday, after 25 min. of beginner's pilates and a healthy meal. I've also decided to add exercise to my plan. It wasn't as painful as I led myself to believe.

"Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will." - Venus Williams
  • dogwalker157
    Options
    @Veta2018 - Nice 3 lb loss and exercising to improve mood. It's so easy for me to do the opposite when I feel like that and end up eating instead. This thread ebbs and flows with activity. It seems to go quiet for awhile and then folks jump back on.

I'm slowly getting back in to the routine of logging but still coming in over on most days. My plan for today is to log and stay within my calorie limit. It's a rainy day and not much planned so that can be a challenge.

Have a great day All
  • dogwalker157
    Options
    Yikes- I just logged yesterday's calories and continue to be well over my target goal. I have lost my focus and reason for wanting to eat healthier. I know that it was really helpful to focus on improving my health versus just losing weight. Today I am going to try to get back to that focus and make good food choices and get some exercise and physical activity in.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @dogwalker157 - Thank you for the encouraging words. It has been helpful for me, to plan my meals for the day, and prelog my food, so I know I'm within my daily goals. Also, whenever I have temptations, the first thing I do is drink water. I believe a lot of my success is because it's still new, fresh, I'm still learning, and determined. Keep the determination and focus on small goals. You can do this! Look back on your past success as inspiration.

September 14, 2023

Hello, I am staying within my food goals and still drinking plenty of water.(76oz.) Although,
    It did get a little tricky, when I had an unexpected guest come and take me out for lunch. After, I preloged my food for the day, it was a challenge to decide what to eat, on the spot, and still stay within my food goals for the day. I did have a few more carbs then I would have liked though. Also, I increased my workout by 5 minutes, now doing a 30 minute workout. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Jenna Wolfe.
  • dogwalker157
    Options
    Good morning,
    I got a nice 4 mile walk yesterday. I did go over my calorie budget but it came down some from the last several days so that's a bit of improvement. I logged everything which is also another step in the right direction. I am going to try to focus on the positive things that I am accomplishing. Focusing on the negative is never very helpful for me.
    My goal today is making better food choices. I know that if I use a lot of my daily calories on high calorie snack food, I will still be hungry and end up over eating.

@Veta2018 - nice job staying focused on your goals even with the last minute lunch out. Those are the times that really challenge us. Being able to make good choices during these unexpected and fun events is a big win!

Have a nice day All
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @dogwalker157 - You're doing great! Keep burning those calories and focusing on the positive.

September 15, 2023

Hello!
    This morning I wanted to change my exercise routine and try something different. I tried this intense boxing workout. It's very fun but it is too much for me at this time. I could only do 10 minutes of the 18 minute workout. I was out of breath and wheezing. I took a couple minutes to catch my breath and finished with 3 minutes of stretching. I don't want to get cramps or hurt too bad later. I'll continue with the beginner workouts for now, but will definitely do this again in th future.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 16, 2023

Good morning!
    I'm making good food choices and even added exercise to my weight loss plan this week. I finally bought a scale! I weighed in at 170 lbs. That's 10 lbs. in 3 weeks.

"Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you."-Michael Boyle
  • dogwalker157
    Options
    Happy Monday,
    Lots of exercise this weekend but not much logging. Will refocus today and make some good food choices. It is definitely one day at a time for me at the moment.
    Have a good day!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 17, 2023

Hello,
    Yesterday was a busy day, my step-dad passed away. Therefore, I spent the day helping my mom plan the arrangements and look through old pictures. The time seemed to pass by quickly. As a result, I didn't eat enough calories. I snacked on baggies of veggies and nuts, most of the day, but didn't really eat a good meal. I need to stick to my routine and establishing healthy eating habits. It's so easy to fall back into old habits. 💪I can do this and so can you!💪
  • harringtona1
    harringtona1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Loving @veta2018 and @dogwalker157 to give me something to read. Although I'm sorry that part of it is your loss, veta. I have an amazing step-father who's slipped away from me since my mother died. I keep trying to reach out, but it's not going well. No fighting. Just..I dunno what it is. But this reminded me not to give up on him. Prayers for your family.
    On the happy side, you're in the zone of making your weekly goal. I thought 4 pounds per week at your weight was ambitious. Butt I shut up once I saw what you're up to! You mind sharing your plans? I'm trying to get to something a little more structured now that the easy weight is done. My sister, too.
    And @dogwalker157 it sounds like the logging is going exactly right. You log. Then you take notice. As things fall into place. I'm on and off.But I'm adding more logging every day. I remind myself you're trying too I feel like I have help that way.
    Wednesday weigh in was 189. SW 234. GW 150ish by end of year. But for those of you who don't know, I'm cheating using Wegovy. It has its own challenges to be sure. But it's helped keep me in a steady track for months. No major rebounds.
    Sadly I already took my Ambien. So this is gonna get sloppy.
    Real quick Pilates was really nice. I have a personal trainer until I get good, a few more sessions. But I have several of the work out habits from years past. I recommend for all fitness levels.
    Golf is coming back in cool weather.
    And I'm taking sister to Hilton head health in October for 3 night healthy getaway. I really recommend it if you can find the money. It's a major jumpstart but no pressure in a nice location. They have a sweepstakes if you're interested. https://sweeppromo.com/fbsweeps/confirmation/HiltonHeadHealthRenewRetreatSweeps/13973525
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 19, 2023

Hello!
    I must have been distracted yesterday, I logged my food diary but forgot to write my check-in. I also, over ate. I don't know why I didn't stop at 1 serving and istead ate till I was full. I was only over on my calorie goal by 21 and carbs goal by 25. It's not really about the numbers. It's the behavior that disappoints me.

💪"Nobody is perfect, so get over the fear of being or doing everything perfectly. Besides, perfect is boring." - Jillian Michaels 💪

@dogwalker157 - You're doing great!

@harringtona1 - Thank you for the warm thoughts and prayers. I think it is wounderful that you still want a relationship with your step-father. I hope you continue to reach out. Even if he doesn't respond. I believe it is a way to say, he's in your thoughts and you hope he's doing well. I also, appreciate your encouragement in my weight loss plan. Way to go! You have been successful in your weight loss journey too.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 20, 2023

Good morning.
    I had another successful day eating healthy and I completed a light workout too. Then, my husband was looking through the kitchen for something to snack on. I suggested nuts. He said "I don't want to eat like you."....lol. However, he is eating many foods like me and just doesn't realize it. He ended up eating the nuts. I'm bad, because part of me is glad he's not eating like me. I just know if he did, he'd lose weight faster than me and I'd be jealous.