The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!

Happy new week my friend. šŸ’›
  • ThePurpleViking
    ThePurpleViking Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    UK based 49 Male looking to add some new friends for motivation and recipe sharing šŸ˜Š
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    41 now but feeling younger lol šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†
  • fifibluebell1
    fifibluebell1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just started premium three days ago. Aged 58. Been the same weight for three years and just cannot shift it. Hope this will help me and Iā€™d love to chat to similar people šŸ„°
  • AM_1974
    AM_1974 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning all, hope you're all well.

I'm faced with the reality of a weakened lumbar region at the moment. They didn't mention this part in the instruction manual!!!!
  • rowridelift
    rowridelift Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rejoined. Approaching 60 and ready to try this again!
  • saralou74
    saralou74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone has a big wake up call in March literally fell off the scales. Hate exercise but try and do it 5 times a week. Really hate it. 50 next year and determine to be healthier.
  • AM_1974
    AM_1974 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone has a big wake up call in March literally fell off the scales. Hate exercise but try and do it 5 times a week. Really hate it. 50 next year and determine to be healthier.

I'm 50 next March, I'm aiming to get back to how I looked in my early 40s (profile pic) before health issues took hold.

I actually love exercise, but my health works against me. Diverticular disease and lower back issues. Damn you, middle age! šŸ¤£
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    @saralou74

It might serve you well to find some form of exercise that you don't hate. Even better if it's something you LOVE. I like paddling canoes and kayaks and rowing rafts. My goal is 100 days on the water this year, but I'm behind. I love hiking in the forest; there's a local mountain I hiked up once a week this spring to watch how the wildflower display changed from low elevation to the peak over time. There's a large (about 300 acres) park near my house with riparian forests and a river; I can go walk over 10K without really crossing my tracks much. I ride a bike for errands when I don't need the car/truck.

I used to dislike swimming, but a few years ago something changed. I do that during the winter; I generally don't get to the gym in the summer. I'm too busy outdoors.

What activities do you already love to do that will give you exercise?

I loaned an 8-pound soft SCUBA weight belt to wear when she walks. She thinks it will help her bone health.

There's lots of options.
  • Nicole_S__
    Nicole_S__ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined back again and would love some new friends to kick my butt back into gear. I'm having a hard time getting motivated. Feel free to add me. I'd love some new friends. Have a great day everyone!!!
  • gabbott00
    gabbott00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! 53yo woman here. I need to lose between 17 to 22 lbs of fat! It is sooo hard. My desk job doesn't help! Logging my food does seem to help! Looking for community!
  • ForcedRepz
    ForcedRepz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there, 44 here, from London UK< been an MFP member for years but life got busy and didnt log in for some time, back now, looking to add new engaging, fun fit friends :)
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i all, ive been on and off these forums for years, im a 3000+ streak,
    ive battled from 20 stone to 13 stone 10 today, and im currently 503 days sober,

i want to take my transformation to the next steps, i want to seriously get in shape, ive a half marathon again next October, which is my aim to be fit for,

throw me a friend request, and send me some tips, tricks, advice and things to not do
  • sptaylor1
    sptaylor1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Approaching 40 and need to get this done once and for all! 89/150lbs so far, could use some friends to keep motivated
  • BarryCarriere
    BarryCarriere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    46 and started back at the gym 6 months ago. Feel much better and lost a bunch of weight. Now trying to stay in the healthy habit and add some muscle :)
    Feel free to add as a friend, the more the merrier.
  • Serenity8679
    Serenity8679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 44 years old. Need some major motivation. I've been doing keto and intermittent fasting for about 6 weeks, and have lost 17 pounds. However, I got sick last week, so I didn't do anything for my diet/exercise. Now that I'm better, I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to go back on my diet. Just looking for some friends and motivation.
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    49 years old cranky perimenopausal woman here. ;) I tried Keto a few years ago, lost some weight and then lost the motivation to maintain it. My coworkers put together a weight loss challenge for 10 weeks and we all weighed in on Monday. Been drinking my water and sticking to a lot of veggies right now to fill me up. I've taken one mile walks on my lunch break but skipped today because the weather is crappy. I have made it a point to get up and move for five minutes every hour. I typically follow a 16/8 fasting plan but I need to really get more structured about it. I'm sick of trying to lose the baby weight since my baby is now 20 years old..haha!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and looking to lose 100 lbs by the time I'm 40! I'm looking for accountability buddies so please feel free to add me
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? Started my first fast last night at 6:30pm and am doing okay so far. Looking forward to 10:30 though. ;)