LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 523 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I’ve had more AF days in a row than in previous months and it does feel good. Definitely less bloating and more energy since late August. The weight gain from vacation is gone so I’m at a good place to attack those last couple of lbs. to my goal. LA always helps me with this. I want to be more mindful of my choices that affect outcomes either negative or positive.
    Went to the gym yesterday and babysat our grandkids last night for 4 hrs. so didn’t have planned A.

@bowhunter you have been doing outstanding on your quest for LA since you joined us. Good for you and congratulations!

@mfowler883 so glad you’re back and checking in. Your numbers look good!

@rockinrobyn I know what you mean about going AF 3 days in a row, so good for you!

@MissMay I recall stocking wine (and drinking) like we’d never find it again at the beginning of the pandemic. What a crazy time.

I will have some planned LA wine over the weekend just not sure what days - so funny, when I first started here, I used to count down the days to A —- so that’s changing.

Happy Friday everyone!

Goal: 20 or more AF days in Sept.
    Current:
    AF - 6
    A - 1
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Wow: after a month of daily beers (yay summer!), stopping is eluding me (despite yesterday's post declaring my desire to stop drinking on work nights). I associate it with summer and I don't want it to end!

But, this is getting stupid. I'm just wearing myself down and feeling lethargic for a bit of beer that I don't really enjoy that much, anyway. I need to just get back to my pre-August habits.

Wish me strength!

This resonates with me more than you know. But, we are strong, and will get through.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    4 AF
    4 A
    Breaking even lol
  • Michieb125
    Options
    After a busy week, I had planned wine last night (2+1 extra glass). Chose the low alcohol/low calorie wine again by KJ - seems like I have been promoting this lately and don’t mean to. It is less interruptive to my sleep and I don’t feel heady in the morning….I’m shooting for no more than twice a week A days this month.

Current:
    AF - 6
    A - 2
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    krael65 wrote: »
    Hi People! I've been MIA on MFP (for the most part) since the start of the pandemic.

I had been maintaining my VERY happy weight for over 3 yrs when the pandemic hit. Since that time, I steadily gained over 30 lbs. Drinking every damned day, calories out plummeted, calories in went WAY up. You know the drill.

I've since been really focusing on losing this pandemic weight, to no avail. Apparently I can't drink 4 days a week and still lose weight. (who knew?!) OH - and I'm post menopausal and hypothyroid as well. So that's been a treat.

I've FINALLY accepted the fact that I will need to curtail my alcohol habit. I've been on a Wed-Sat drinking schedule, + holidays and the "I just feel like drinking" days. And vacations are an every day deal.

I've had 4 AF days in a row. (yay me!) My goal is to limit drinking to Fri/Sat only, or not at all if that's how it works out :wink:

For me it seems to be a habit - just something I do. Reach for the wine at the end of the work day. Problem is I have no off switch.

I'm focused on replacing my alcohol habit with more positive habits.

Thanks for letting me ramble on!

I can so relate to the above! Alcohol was my habit and my cruch! I had enough of feeling crappy the day after and for several days. Best life changing decision was for me to get it out of my life completely!!

AF -8
    A - 0

:)

Congratulations @xbowhunter ! Here's to making new and healthier habits :smile:
  • Womona
    Options
    @krael65 welcome! It’s amazing how alcohol can become a mindless habit, I know I’ve been there! It’s a lovely thing to become mindful of our habits, and find substitutes for that behavior. Plus, this is a fantastic group of wonderful people who are here to support, commiserate and cheer you on!
  • Womona
    Options
    I had zero energy yesterday, and I think it was that third glass of wine on Friday. Last night I had only 9one glass of wine, but I honestly didn’t enjoy it. I was in bed last night by 8:00 (I know, on a Saturday night! I lead such an exciting life haha!). But I slept really well and feel great today. Whew!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!
  • Michieb125
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @MissMay Completely understand what you mean about inconsistency and constant changes to protocols. Especially at a newer job. I am a Libra too! It sounds like the company lost a highly valued and respected contributor - but you deserve only the best and know you will find your next position that is a better fit.

Cleaned nearly the whole house yesterday with DH. Luckily, we shared in that division of labor this time lol. It’s hard to do everything all at once since it’s been a little neglected but feels good to get it done after a long, busy summer.

Staying on track with weekly/monthly goals thus far. Tonight is planned wine and will make something on the grill this evening.

Current:
    AF - 7
    A - 2
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5 AF
    4 A
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    5 AF
    5 A
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    LA Saturday and planned A Sunday, the boy came over to hang out and listen to Dark Wave with a couple of Shiners and a couple of Wellers. Nothing too crazy, I delayed the start since I was taking apart my new 1911 and putting it back together again. (Traded in a Glock that I took to the range once and hated, and my old LC9 beater for a Tisas Raider.) I'll have to go figure out the numbers, I've lost track at the moment. Either way, I'm still drinking less than I was and that is a start.

The hurts still hurt a lot and I'm still trying to figure out how to get through that. It's just something I'm not good at...I don't know if anybody really is. I was scrolling through my gallery deleting some of the stuff that I didn't care to save and got far enough back to start seeing pictures and videos of Harley, and it just... man, it feels like getting punched in the gut...Every. Dammed. Time. Every time. It doesn't matter where I'm at emotionally, seeing him takes the wind out of my sails and leaves me in tears.

-m