Reason to smile today

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,279 Member
    Options
    I went in for my interview this morning. Went really well. They seemed to like what I had to say and they told me they would give me a call on Monday if I got the job.

2 hours later.....

She called to tell me I got the job!!!!! 😁

Hey congrats that's awesome
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    One of the kids at work asked me for some tomato ketchup, I did a little smiley face on the plate and he said I'm the best person in the world 🥰
  • jasond2424
    jasond2424 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    One of the kids at work asked me for some tomato ketchup, I did a little smiley face on the plate and he said I'm the best person in the world 🥰

This is so freaking cute 🥰 Kids melt your heart
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,852 Member
    Options
    I went in for my interview this morning. Went really well. They seemed to like what I had to say and they told me they would give me a call on Monday if I got the job.

2 hours later.....

She called to tell me I got the job!!!!! 😁

Of course you got the job!
    Most excellent!
    👌😀🌺
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Making synchro skating themed cupcakes for my friend's skating weekend birthday py6s17oygpjf.jpg
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    So many reasons to have an 🌽 to 🌽 grin acrost my mug…

ButterMeMuffinz compliment…
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Got the job…
    ___Tams___ feedback on her ketchup masterpiece…

And, having the opportunity to see first hand how loving, caring, wonderful women take care of everyone’s children while at school. On the play ground. In the bus line. Interacting with the kiddos.

I will be working in an elementary school and reading that just makes me more happy to start working there

Thank you everyone for the well wishes ☺️
  • jasond2424
    Options
    When you wake up at 5am and have engery and almost have your work done by 8
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Finding this chat board - y'all are fun!
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

They're a good bunch.

Much better than r*ddit.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,996 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

They're a good bunch.

Much better than r*ddit.

That place is frightening

Also, she’s talking about me
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,852 Member
    Options
    It’s raining, admittedly it’s not much but enough to dissolve the granules on my yard. 😀👌
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,996 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    One of the gyms I go to used to be a CrossFit style gym and I don’t care what you think of that kind of exercise it was good for me, and the camaraderie involved especially in a local neighborhood gym was very good for this introvert. Anyway, it hasn’t been that kind of gym in a long time and there is no coaching at all there anymore. But I always love it when I go because I am 30% stronger in that gym than I am anywhere else, I am not self-conscious at all there, and also I occasionally run into people I used to work out with. Today it was a young man who just has such an excellent gym vibe. I don’t know that we would be very close outside of the gym, but we just gel very well when we work out. And today he reminded me how to do landmine hack squats because I was looking for a variation to go easier on my knees. And then, when I was leaving, I actually got to say, “say hi to your mom for me” because it’s that kind of place
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Met a nice new lady at skating today. Yay for friendly newbies
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Date night went pretty effing well
  • jasond2424
    Options
    Early morning sunrise walks 🥰
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    One of the gyms I go to used to be a CrossFit style gym and I don’t care what you think of that kind of exercise it was good for me, and the camaraderie involved especially in a local neighborhood gym was very good for this introvert. Anyway, it hasn’t been that kind of gym in a long time and there is no coaching at all there anymore. But I always love it when I go because I am 30% stronger in that gym than I am anywhere else, I am not self-conscious at all there, and also I occasionally run into people I used to work out with. Today it was a young man who just has such an excellent gym vibe. I don’t know that we would be very close outside of the gym, but we just gel very well when we work out. And today he reminded me how to do landmine hack squats because I was looking for a variation to go easier on my knees. And then, when I was leaving, I actually got to say, “say hi to your mom for me” because it’s that kind of place

Yes i have been an absolute crossfit hater. However, the intangible good benefits it has for some people i cannot deny. So over the years i have definitely opened my mind to its benefits and have laid off on
    any criticism of Crossfit. To each their own.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    capgordon6530...
    For obvious reasons.
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day on the road and I get to fly home tomorrow.