"WHY SCALES LIE"

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they'll make it one once they divide up the boards!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and worth a bump! :smile:
  • Laura32412
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I knew about water weight but had no clue about glycogen. I used to weigh myself everyday but then I'd get neurotic until I cut my cals so much I'd wind up starving and bingeing. I'm trying to keep myself at only once a week now.

Thanks again!
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    Thank you this is helpful.
  • mocha1975
    Options
    As a newbie to the site and my weight loss journey this article is informative and I am so pleased I read it - I was wondering why I had 'put on' four pounds overnight even though I have been following and filling out my food diary religiously! THANK YOU!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Bump
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This is the most useful and well written post I have read on here. Thank you.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Interesting read - thanks :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading!! Ta v much for posting!!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This is great, thank you. I'm a serial scale-stepper, but am trying to go down to once a week because I am sick of over-analysing every single increase I see on the damn things! I know my clothes are fitting better. I know I am losing inches and my body feels firmer. It's stupid that I don't believe it unless the number on the scales confirms it....so I am having a break from them. Posts like this help a lot.
  • katejolee
    katejolee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cheers great read x
  • lambdafu
    lambdafu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very useful, thank you!
  • angela5168
    Options
    bump
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Thank you so much for this. my scale has not moved in weeks, and I try to resist the urge to weigh. I am working my butt off and got a little discouraged.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Excellent read.

I am one of those who weigh daily, but I understand so many things can affect the numbers shown.
    Such as last week, I gained 2-3 pounds while coming under my target, why? Because I wasn't drinking enough water and many of the foods had higher salt levels than my normal diet.
    3 days into this week, where I have upped my water intake again, and I have shed nearly 4 pounds.
    I weigh daily out of curiosity, not to be trapped by the numbers.
  • rhonda4444
    rhonda4444 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow did I need this. I do know this stuff but when that nasty old scale begins to dictate my day-I sometimes start to listen. I only weigh weeklyBbUT the loss has really slowed down (only 3 pounds this) so I have been weighing a couple times a week. So today I am up by .6 pounds from my last weigh-in AND I HAVE BEEN GOOD! I was needing this discussion. I know the truth but I just needed to hear it again!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Understanding the "why" makes it easier when you have a bad scale day.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    Very helpful indeed!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    Options