So disappointed :( but I’m gunna keep going

Options
Lildarlinz
Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
edited September 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
So I’ve logged,tracked,traced even make my own food preps and log it…create new foods the lot

Lost 3lb first week..2lbs the 2nd week
And now I’ve put on a bloody 1lb 😩😩😩😩😩

No loss this week…but imma keep going…
Next week I hope to get back on my weights and hula hoop
I’ve had sciatica this week so it’s been a bit hard

Oh and I forgot to mention I walk for like 12 hours a day on a heavy ward in a hospital…
Today I’ve done nearly 16,000 steps!

Andddd to top it all off! I’ve cracked my bloody tooth on a protein bar! So looks like I’ll be having that tooth out :(:(:( arghhhhhh!

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, that is frustrating. The weight will come off. Sorry about the tooth.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    Oh, man, that is frustrating. The weight will come off. Sorry about the tooth.

Thank you! I know it will eventually! Just gotta keep swimminggggg as dory would say lol 🤣🤣

And I know I hope I don’t have to have it out 😖😖
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    totally normal. if you didn’t eat 3,500 (ish - it’s debatable) calories OVER maintenance for days on end… then it’s impossible that’s a pound of fat. a lot of our weight changing up and down is water, food leftover in our intenstines, all sorts of things. 2 lb down 1 lb up is totally normal. i have had much wilder swings!
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    totally normal. if you didn’t eat 3,500 (ish - it’s debatable) calories OVER maintenance for days on end… then it’s impossible that’s a pound of fat. a lot of our weight changing up and down is water, food leftover in our intenstines, all sorts of things. 2 lb down 1 lb up is totally normal. i have had much wilder swings!

Thank you: :)
    Probably just need to empty the old bowel 🤣🤣💩💩

• herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You’re doing a great job at managing your disappointment and keeping on.

That really is the key to meeting your goals, the ability to push past your feelings and stay on a logical course.

Well done.
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't get upset with yourself. Diet/weightloss is part of a lifestyle change, which takes time. You didn't put it on overnight, you aren't going to loose it overnight.

Since you walk so much, that movement may not be enough of an exercise anymore for your body to consider it a "work out". Have you thought about buying the type of weights you can strap to your wrists, waist and/or ankles? Adding a little weight to a routine aspect of your life might be enough to help stimulate your system enough for you to burn a few extra calories.
  • Serpify
    Serpify Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For every gram of carbs you eat, your body stores 3 grams of water. A pound could literally be the difference between a few slices of bread one week that you didn't eat the week before. I really wouldn't sweat it, don't be discouraged.

Periods, poos, pees and a whole lot more can cause our weight to fluctuate by a pound or two.

Consider that you've lost 4lbs in 3 weeks. That's amazing. Keep going, it'll be worth it :)
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Fatloss is an Extreme Sport definitely not for the timid. Very high on the frustration level and those protein bars can be dangerous 😎

Just keep going..
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    how painful would it be for you to wait a month before weighing yourself? i find that it keeps the “lifestyle not a rush” energy strong. and i don’t feel as desperate or worried.
  • coachccassidy
    coachccassidy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are weighing yourself first thing in the morning after using the restroom! Also, if you are eating later at night than usual, it could also have this affect. Your weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs through the day.

Just don't worry about the scale too harshly, and keep going. You're doing amazing! (:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    mnhughes22 wrote: »
    Don't get upset with yourself. Diet/weightloss is part of a lifestyle change, which takes time. You didn't put it on overnight, you aren't going to loose it overnight.

Since you walk so much, that movement may not be enough of an exercise anymore for your body to consider it a "work out". Have you thought about buying the type of weights you can strap to your wrists, waist and/or ankles? Adding a little weight to a routine aspect of your life might be enough to help stimulate your system enough for you to burn a few extra calories.

No matter how long a person's been doing a thing, it still burns calories. That's just physics. Performing X amount of "work" requires an input of Y amount of "energy". Exercise (including walking) is work, and calories are energy. In walking, moving one's body through space is the "work".

There are certain things we can become more efficient at as we become more skilled, and burn slightly fewer calories because of the improved efficiency. Walking isn't likely to be one of them.

There are certain things that we burn more calories doing as we get lighter in body weight, and walking is one of of those. The change is not dramatic or sudden, though.

Any exercise feels easier as we get more conditioned to it. That doesn't mean it burns fewer calories. Some exercises result in a lower heart rate as we get more fit. That doesn't mean it burns fewer calories either, even if a heart rate monitor's or fitness tracker's calorie estimate for the activity drops. That's a limitation of the devices' accuracy.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There are certain things that we burn more calories doing as we get lighter in body weight, and walking is one of of those. The change is not dramatic or sudden, though.

I think this sentence either needs the @AnnPT77 make it simple for PAV editing team, or the @PAV8888 enhanced reading comprehension improvement team since I think I know where you're going with this but I don't quite see it on screen! :lol:

One last point to chime in with: weights tied at the edge of your limbs or, more poetically, at the extremes of your extremities... would be a higher risk / lower reward option which I would avoid.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I think this sentence either needs the @AnnPT77 make it simple for PAV editing team, or the @PAV8888 enhanced reading comprehension improvement team since I think I know where you're going with this but I don't quite see it on screen! :lol:

One last point to chime in with: weights tied at the edge of your limbs or, more poetically, at the extremes of your extremities... would be a higher risk / lower reward option which I would avoid.

Sigh. Should have been "There are certain things that we burn fewer calories doing as we get lighter in body weight, and walking is one of of those."

That's still a bad sentence, though.

How about "We burn fewer calories doing some activities when our body gets lighter. Walking is one of those."

Good point about wrist/ankle weights, too. Weighed vest is less risky, but I wouldn't wear one of those to work, either. (Sounds like OP does much of her walking at work.)
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    Fatloss is an Extreme Sport definitely not for the timid. Very high on the frustration level and those protein bars can be dangerous 😎

Just keep going..

Tom do you mean dangerous to eat? Or because I cracked my tooth 🤣🤣
    It was a really soft one…more like a cake bar it was the dinky moose ones if you have ever heard of them 🤣🤣
    I think the tooth was on its way out anyway! It’s a very old tooth and I think it’s my wisdom one…I need it to keep me wise 🤣🤣
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    mnhughes22 wrote: »

Hiiiii :)

I did use to go the gym…but I invested In some gym equipment buying slowly over time :)
    I have some ankle weights :) I have a weighed hula hoop, weights, a treadmill, one of those things for push ups, the elastic things that u strap to under your feet to pull up 🤣🤣 sorry I don’t know the correct terms 🤣🤣

I’ve just had sciatica so I haven’t been able to manage this week!

But I’m not giving up 💪
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    You’re doing a great job at managing your disappointment and keeping on.

That really is the key to meeting your goals, the ability to push past your feelings and stay on a logical course.

Well done.

Herring! It’s frustrating…because when you step on the scales you feel like giving up…and think! Just go have a binge on chocolate and sweets!
    But I am not 💪 I’ve got this :D xx

Thank you for the support 😘😘
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    how painful would it be for you to wait a month before weighing yourself? i find that it keeps the “lifestyle not a rush” energy strong. and i don’t feel as desperate or worried.

You are right cs xx I weigh myself on a Sunday…but I just can’t resist 🙈

It’s like the scales are calling me “steppppp on meeeee” 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • prposk
    prposk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Scales are not your friend while losing weight. I have learned that the hard way. Consistency is the ticket. I was super frustrated after losing 20lbs in a month I gained 11 back and kept working. Depending on what you are doing you may have lost weight and gained muscle, or lost some water weight right at first.
    One of the things I have noticed,is that trying to get closer to your Macro goals helps.
    I started low carb and have started making progress after actually looking at my carb macro and getting closer to it.
    Either way consistency is the key and I am sure that you will get there.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    prposk wrote: »
    Scales are not your friend while losing weight. I have learned that the hard way. Consistency is the ticket. I was super frustrated after losing 20lbs in a month I gained 11 back and kept working. Depending on what you are doing you may have lost weight and gained muscle, or lost some water weight right at first.
    One of the things I have noticed,is that trying to get closer to your Macro goals helps.
    I started low carb and have started making progress after actually looking at my carb macro and getting closer to it.
    Either way consistency is the key and I am sure that you will get there.

Thank you :)
    I do work with my macros :) I look at it daily and I don’t exceed my carbs or fat intake :) only my protein slightly :) which is good as that helps to build muscle :) xx

I will get back on my weights this week x just I’ve had a poor back and stressing about my tooth being pulled

Thankfully it was just filled in :D “thank you to the tooth fairy gods” 🤣🤣
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    It is super annoying when that happens, but it is completely normal. For example, this was my last week or so. On my official weigh in day last week I was at 193.3 pounds. Over the next several days, still eating at a deficit, my weight went up to 196 pounds which annoyed me as my goal for the 15th was to be in the 192 pound range. Sure enough on the 15th I was only down to 193.2 so I missed my goal. This morning, the 16th, I was down to 191.2. That is how weight changes over time. Weight loss is pretty much never a straight line down. It bounces around like a deranged super ball. Keep positive, trust the deficit, and always keep in mind a one-day weight is a snapshot of that bouncing around your weight does all the time.