LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can dig vampire hours, and totally relate to life not allowing rest. AF yesterday made it 11:11. Today, at the grocery, I'd put two beers in the basket for tomorrow and was on my way to the register when I spied my once a year small batch hard to come by Paulaner Oktoberfest brew with the 1l maß! Of course I added it to the basket, but neglected to take out the quads so tonight I am indulging in one of the quads. Two nights, one planned and one not. Tonight makes 11 AF and 12 A. I didn't eat too poorly today, and have been slowly but steadily dropping weight again, so there's that. Generally, I feel a lot better. My urge to drink isn't the urge from the last couple of months, the urge to drown myself and grieve in the bottom of a glass, it's back to hey, I truly enjoy the aroma, flavor, mouthfeel, complexity of this drink and the ritual of pouring, watching it settle, sipping while winding down for the evening. I still have my demons, my hurts, my monkey, they never leave, but that's another thing. I could drink with intentions of getting blitzed, but I'm not - I don't feel the need to do that now, and that feels very liberating. I don't know how much of that is down to just knowing it was time to get my head right and fix it, or how much is attributable to microdosing, it's hard to say, but I'm feeling a lot better than I've felt in a hot minute.

Anyway, my thoughts are with those of you who are going through stuff. I know the struggles, believe me I do. For the ones that are getting where ya wanna be, that is awesome, it's inspiring to the rest of us and I'm pulling for ya. Way to go, @xbowhunter; feel better, @zensome; @itladyee, I'm so sorry for your loss; @womona, two glasses here and there is better than some of what I've been doing these last few months, take the win!

About to call it for tonight, TTYL my friends.

-m
  • Midasgal
    Midasgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    Womona wrote: »
    @mfowler883 if you haven’t already, check out Michael Pollan’s book on psychedelics:

I will absolutely put that on my list. The name is familiar to me for some reason. Yesterday, I bumped one of the .085g capsules of older mushroom up with some of the fresh Mazatapec to make a full .1g capsule. That's still considered pretty small but I like nice round numbers, so...

September so far: 1 AF, 0 LA, 0 A. No alcohol in the house at the moment.

-m

are you able to buy mushrooms legally in America? I did not know that. They are illegal in Australia
  • Midasgal
    Midasgal Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    i was drinking 1 to 2 bottles of wine a night. I swapped it out for having a couple of big glasses of Gin with sugar free orange cordial and soda. 2 big glasses is the same volume as a 750 ml bottle of wine, so in effect it was easy to consume the same volume. However, one shot of gin is only 90 calories so even it is 180 cal per glassx2=360 cal. Vastly different to 1200 for a bottle of chardonnay.
  • mfowler883
    Options
    Midasgal wrote: »
    are you able to buy mushrooms legally in America? I did not know that. They are illegal in Australia

There are certain things here that are becoming easier to obtain as states and cities loosen restrictions. For now, though, the only way in most places is to order spores and cultivate.

About to crack that Oktoberfest to make it 11 AF and 13 A, 8 of which I'll call LA.

-m

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    14 AF
    11A
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Had a full day and just getting around to posting for yesterday. Had planned wine last night and heading for mostly AF days ahead. I’m going to a very good friends surprise birthday party on Thursday and will enjoy some Champagne for her big one. The month has been pretty good for LA, LS and exercise goals.

Current:
    AF - 14
    A - 10
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @Lilylady3k great to see you and hear how you are navigating LA. I can imagine how extra challenging it is with good wine on hand but way to go on looking out yourself.
  • mfowler883
    Options
    New Mexico is nice - we went to Carlsbad a while back. Been doing good this week - 13 AF and 13 A.

-m
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 your photo of New Mexico certainly looks like the land of enchantment!

The month feels like it’s flying by and it’s hard to believe October 1st is a few days away.
    AF until Thursday’s surprise birthday party for a special friend.

Current:
    AF - 15
    A - 11
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @Lilylady3k your burn rate example - that is real! I used to buy so many bottles for fam but now can say that is behind us since interestingly, DH quit drinking entirely 9 years ago, while I continued. Now my thirty-something kids and I are now doing much less alcohol. I would NEVER have guessed that could happen but life can be funny that way. You are wise in that we can control only what goes into our bodies. Good going on your resolve!

@Jthanmyfitnesspal Your numbers for Sept. are actually worthy! I wish you good strength to finish strong!

Current:
    AF - 16
    A - 11