LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AF today, 14 AF, 13 A. Tomorrow is the dueling tree competition, wish me luck or at least fun...

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    17 AF
    12 A
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    27 AF
    2A

Cheers!

Bring on the October challenge! :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k I am impressed by sticking to your commitment of M-Th AF!!!! So awesome, and I know it’s hard! As for DH’s retirement struggles, I hear it’s common, especially for men. . It’s so important that he finds something though, to keep his mind and body in good shape. My husband is doing a mini retirement (just quit his job a month ago), and while he’s busy as a bee, the “stress drinking” has not slowed at all. I had hoped it would.
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well I blinked and September went by...and with that I completely lost count of AF/A days, drinks, food (this week was a heavy week at work with lots of free food. It was delicious but the scale this morning was a brutal dose of reality!)

The next few weeks are not going to be any better but I think it's a great chance to reevaluate my habits when I'm not able to stick to a routine and make it more lifestyle and less routine- like figuring out how to make my cozy meals lighter but still cozy...
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I went to my girlfriends birthday bash last night and had fun catching up with all the neighborhood gal pals. The hostess is a wonderful neighbor but goes too far out with alcohol at all her parties which I kind of forgot (like filling an empty glass every chance she gets). You know what I’m going to say……there was unlimited good champagne flowing and wine. I did imbibe as planned but I haven’t ingested that many bubbles all year so 1. I stayed up too late 2. Woke up too early. 3. I’m super heady this am. 4. Didn’t count the glasses of champagne but I am sure it was about 5 with my 2 wine, ouch. Honestly, I didn’t have a good plan going into the party like leave at 10 pm or count your glasses and stop. I’m too old for that anymore! Taking full responsibility for myself here and moving on. AF until October but I can even think about A right now.

Looking forward to LA in October!
    Totals for September: AF - 18 / A - 12
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hello - I know I have been out of pocket for awhile. I have been away for close to 3 weeks traveling in central Europe. Now back in the U.S., wine tastes literally yukky in comparison and it's so much more expensive here. And the food quality is not the same.

Anyway, I would like to re-join the effort for self-improvement this thread delivers. Looking forward to a positive and successful October and getting a chance to catch up with everyone.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'll be in for October. See you there!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Did someone(s) say OCTOBER????

Just so happens that is my favorite upcoming month. WOOT WOOT and with that said here is our new link to follow to get us over there.

How can we make this month "count less"? One way is to keep track of what we consume beverage wise.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900515/less-alcohol-october-2023-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

• MissMay
    Options
    Dear @itladyee I was so sad to hear of your Sisters passing. Wishing you strength and fond memories.
  • MissMay
    Options
    September was my month to take a break on the internet.

I had normally in the past tried to catch up with reading as I was propped up in bed before going to sleep. YIKES...I saw that all computer or any screen time right before bed is HORRIBLE for sleep patterns. So I was cutting way back. Seemed to help, but I missed a lot of posts here.

I would say my September went well for drinking less. Even though I lost count UGH! Back to better math skills in October.

My stress at work has decreased a bit since a bad apple in our team bunch has quit (thank goodness).

So here it is back to the drinking less and keeping counts towards my goals,

@Lilylady3k my DH always thinks the grass is greener someplace else. I have told him he needs to create his own happiness...places and people and things do not supply us with that, it comes from within us all first!

Hope to see many of our past LESS ALCOHOL family in October as well as welcoming more always.

NICE JOB EVERYONE!!!!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.
    STARTING AGAIN 9/25 with Mon-Thurs AF as my goal for this week.
    9/1-9/24 - A almost every day if I remember right since I didn’t try to write anything down … includes a 2+ week vacation
    9/25 - AF
    9/26 - AF
    9/27 - AF
    9/28 - AF
    9/29 - 3 wine
    9/30 -

One more day! Allowing myself wine over the weekend but I need to keep it to 2 ... not 3-4 glasses!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @Lilylady3k my DH always thinks the grass is greener someplace else. I have told him he needs to create his own happiness...places and people and things do not supply us with that, it comes from within us all first!

@MissMay - I totally agree and have said the same often.

I read this book years ago and had my DH read it too. He sometimes refers back to it when thinking clearly when I ask what we would do there that we don't do here. He just wants a change in "view" but that includes less interaction with family, friends and activities ... so what is the justification. A discussion we get into many times.

"I Always Want to Be Where I'm Not" by Wes Crenshaw

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    17 AF
    13 A
    Not as good as August but not too shabby either
  • MissMay
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    17 AF
    13 A
    Not as good as August but not too shabby either

You kicked booty in BOTH MONTHS!
  • Lilylady3k
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.
    9/1-9/24 - A almost every day if I remember right since I didn’t try to write anything down … includes a 2+ week vacation
    STARTING AGAIN 9/25 with Mon-Thurs AF as my goal for this week.
    9/25 - AF
    9/26 - AF
    9/27 - AF
    9/28 - AF
    9/29 - 3 wine
    9/30 - 3 drinks - 2 wine + 1 Bourbon & Diet Coke LSU Football

See you in October!
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    21 AF
    9 A