What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cycled partway to and from work again yesterday, another 10k done. Rest day today.
  • cewaters77
    cewaters77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is actually a rest day that I might take... I normally don't but...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Had an active day today. Started by pulling 4 old room air conditioners and some other stuff out of the cellar to donate and/or throw out. Then moved outside for the first round of leaf blowing followed by mowing the lawn. Sunny and mild today, so after the chores I got out for a quick ride. 16 miles in 58 minutes, or just over 16mph.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I got a cold. I decided to recover by having a three hour climbing session on Monday. It was fun; I was reasonably powerful. I found a bathang from a kneebar in a cave. I didn't really need to rest at that point; but I was so comfortable I hanged upside down for a good while.

Today. I did an hour's yoga.
  • Dogs_and_bikes
    Dogs_and_bikes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up the third week in a four week cycle of daily undulating periodization. Looking forward to deloading next week.

** Deadlift **
    - 135.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 8 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 8 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 8 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 8 reps

** Barbell Squat **
    - 135.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 4 reps
    - 225.0 lbs x 4 reps

** Push Press **
    - 22 reps
    - 22 reps
    - 22 reps

** Barbell Row **
    - 135.0 lbs x 10 reps
    - 135.0 lbs x 10 reps
    - 135.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Farmers walk **
    - 176.0 lbs - 40.0 m
    - 176.0 lbs - 40.0 m
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    cewaters77 wrote: »
    Today is actually a rest day that I might take... I normally don't but...

Same here.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,190 Member
    Options
    Big surprise, rowed again, bow of the quad. Carried a few boats at open rowing tonight (as volunteer supervisor) but didn't row myself.

We're running out of rowing weather here in the North. ☹️
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Did a workout with my 7th grade son.

I did 3 warmup sets on squat (including one significantly heavier than my working set).

Then I did one working super set of leg extensions to failure immediately into a set of squats.

Then I did 3x12 of extensions and seated leg curls .

Kiddo’s workout was as follows:
    3x10 barbell backsquats
    3x10 dumbbell bench press
    3x10 dumbbell should press
    3x10 Pendlay rows
    3x10 palms facing pull downs
  • scavonedan
    scavonedan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just my usual morning "run". 3.2 miles, about 28 minutes. Will get a walk in later.
    62 yrs old
    169 lbs
  • DiscusTank5
    edited October 2023
    Options
    scavonedan wrote: »
    Just my usual morning "run". 3.2 miles, about 28 minutes. Will get a walk in later.
    62 yrs old
    169 lbs

Nice work, but man--if we have to give our age AND weight on this thread, I'm out!

I got in the usual walk with my dog, then biked to work and back. (About 25 minutes--faster going because it is mostly downhill.)
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I rode my exercise bike twice today. Each time 100 minutes for a total of 78 miles at medium resisrance.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Gym today for full body workout. Struggled through for some reason, have had past two days off so no clue why.

30 minute walk after lunch too.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Short gym workout and then went to boxing class. Usual instructor wasn't there today so we had a taekwondo instructor instead and have to say I really enjoyed it! Something very satisfying about it, may have to look into that a little more...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Spin class this morning. I wasn't crazy about the rapid standing/sitting transitions during class today, but there's no question that the workout pushed me a bit.

Looking forward to an outdoor group ride tomorrow. It's been advertised as a social paced ride, but I know better, lol.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Dragged myself again to the gym today for 22 min. on the elliptical. Hate that I'm off my routine of regular workouts.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,190 Member
    Options
    Rowing rained out (with cool temps and unfavorable wind besides) yesterday and today. I previously mentioned running out of season: This would be the start of that slippery slope.

I assume I'll go through my usual denial/doldrums phase again this year and skip some workouts for a while, but I'm working on attitude adjustment.

It's some time since I've biked even outdoors, but I got on the stationary bike this evening for a mere half hour (plus 3' CD), around 7.8 pseudo-miles, to try to start gradually phasing in some Winter routine. :| Mostly Z2/Z3, a little Z4.
    scavonedan wrote: »
    62 yrs old
    169 lbs

Nice work, but man--if we have to give our age AND weight on this thread, I'm out!

I got in the usual walk with my dog, then biked to work and back. (About 25 minutes--faster going because it is mostly downhill.)

I'm much more willing to freely give my age (67) and weight (133 pounds this AM) than to admit how sub-par my exercise activity has been lately, but I'm admitting it anyway. :D

Demographics optional, though, AFAIK. ;)

Onward.

• laurachambers86
    Options
    Spin class this morning, 20k completed and really pushed as hard as I could muster!

Then went to see my horse, rode for an hour but only in walk as he's recovering from lameness.

Legs and hips are definitely feeling it this evening!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    Disc golf.

It was a slow 3.5 mile "walk" (hike) on a course on private property out in the Coast Range called Blodgett Woods. The property is owned by a friend of a friend, and I've been encouraged for quite a while to go out there. I finally did. Gorgeous day, and I didn't lose any discs. Pretty difficult course. Very tight fairways, and lots of hills. We had five people, so we could always have a spotter for holes where it's easy to lose discs. I'll go back again. I might even start playing more in general. I haven't played a round of disc golf all year, and I only even threw an Ultimate disc a couple times over the past year - once in Redwall Cavern down in Grand Canyon and one morning at Oregon Country Fair I joined a few folks hucking a disc before the fair opened to the public. I might just go play the local course a mile and a half from my house tomorrow.