500th times a charm

Options
Trying once again to get this weight off of me, no telling how many times it has been now. My weight has continued to go up and up over the years and I am at my heaviest now where I swore I would never be. I did finally quit smoking just over a year ago so that one good thing. Before when I tried to lose weight it was about losing weight to look good or feel good in my clothes. Now it is about losing before I get diabetes which runs rampant on my dad's side of the family, have a heart attack or get heart disease. I have had sleep apnea for over 3 years now and have to wear the dreaded mask to sleep. I'm over it!! I am practically carrying around a whole other person on my 5'3" frame. I need to do this now. Hoping to stay motivated this time but not beat myself up if I have any set backs. Looking to follow others who have had succes and offer tips and tricks that I can utilize. As long as I don't give up and just keep going. They say slow and steady wins the race. 🐢🐌

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,988 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome back to the community!! You've got this!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is"

For example:
    Here are some frequently asked questions that may be helpful too: FAQ's

Another option is that you can join any groups that may be interesting or relevant: MyFitnessPal Groups
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Everyday is a new day to make healthy choices that can help you achieve your longterm goals. It really does become a lifestyle, eventually… just take it one day at a time or if you need take it one meal at a time, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing, one unapproved meal or day isn’t the end all, the next meal or the next day, you start again, you keep going, everyday. You have the rest of your life to figure out how to live healthy.
  • MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Join a challenge thread perhaps? If you've got a lot to lose, perhaps the "lose 100lbs" thread.
    I find accountability helpful