What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Rest day today, yesterday's exertions flared up my facet joint/SI joint issues. Did 45 minutes of yin yoga this morning which really helped and then went for a 90 minute walk this afternoon in the local countryside. Lots of horses, good for the soul :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It was my birthday. (I'm 52 now).

So I went scuba diving over a long weekend in Cornwall. It was cracking. On the Sunday, we had:

Thornback rays, blond rays, cuttlefish, dogfish (including a baby), angry crabs pursuing us, loads of shrimp, scallops, lobster and conger eels.

We were blown out yesterday, do I go home early enough to go climbing. I was terrible.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I had planned to row yesterday, but the group I coordinated ended up (unexpectedly) with an uneven number. Given that it was chilly, I volunteered to cox so that the rest of the group could row with no one needing to steer while rowing. (The coxswain steers.) I also ran some technical drills for the boat, and they did make a difference. The boat felt increasingly synchronized and smooth as we went on. No exercise for anything except my vocal cords, shouting down the 40-foot boat. :D

Today, I just did a casual walk with a friend, only about 3 miles.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    It was my birthday. (I'm 52 now).

So I went scuba diving over a long weekend in Cornwall. It was cracking. On the Sunday, we had:

Thornback rays, blond rays, cuttlefish, dogfish (including a baby), angry crabs pursuing us, loads of shrimp, scallops, lobster and conger eels.

We were blown out yesterday, do I go home early enough to go climbing. I was terrible.

Happy birthday, @drmwc!
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Yesterday I cycled halfway to and from work, 10k total. It was COLD, definitely wasn't expecting that and wasn't dressed for the change in weather!

Today I did pilates first thing, got a 30 minute walk in and also went to the gym just now for an arm session.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    back day.

3x10 pendlay rows
    3x superset of
    Lat Prayers (standing pullovers)
    Palm facing close grip lat pulldowns
    Went till form broke on the lat prayers (usually when I start feeling my triceps try to help)
    Goal was a weight I could do 10ish reps with the pulldowns with my lats exhausted, so much less than I either pullup or do normally here.

3x15 Bicep Curls
    3x12 Ab machine

• Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today was push it day. Normally I go about 45 minutes to an hr. Today I went an hr and 20 minutes. at this point I am just trying to get in a minimum of 45 minutes of exercise.
    6 sets 12 reps of the following
    Triceps push down(cable)
    Bench press(machine)
    Back row(machine)
    Chest Fly(machine)
    Bicep Curl(free weight/machine)
    Shoulder Press(machine)
    20 minutes(instead of 15) on Upper Body Cycle.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    So grateful I got to row today (even though willing to cox for the good of the collective!). We were able to launch a quad (4 rowers) and double (2).

I rowed bow in the quad, with our club's board president rowing in with our group for the first time. (She's a great athlete, was a Div I basketball player back in the day; a good rower, delightful human, but not out of our league technically now.) With the line-up we had, and lovely weather, it was an excellent row, the usual 7k-ish.

Stroke (the one who sets the tone) was my 77 y/o buddy J, who is technically precise (good model to watch), very strong (lifting for decades), and soooooo regular in rhythm (strokes per minute). 3 seat, a visiting PhD student from Turkey who's way younger than most of us, a coastal rower (big boats on big water!), very petite, solid technique. 2 seat, the club pres I mentioned, strong and experienced. Then me in bow, calling the row, steering . . . and no one else in the boat can see me so it doesn't matter if I'm sub-par. :D Everyone 60+, except 3 seat.

It was lovely rowing weather: Around 40s F (maybe around 6C), mild South (cross-)wind so flat water, intermittent sun. We did power 10 intervals (ten strokes, focusing on leg strength), and it felt really good. Happy row.

These few beauteous days toward the end of the season are such a gift!
  • plainoldwhisky
    plainoldwhisky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rollerblading. I'm so glad I got back into it. I also started skateboarding recently. I hardly feel like I'm exercising!
  • Meusmemento88
    Meusmemento88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My workout today is back
    Pull-down machine
    Standing cable pullovers
    Cable rows
    T rows
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I went running on Tuesday. I don't know why; I don't really like running. I did 7k.

I went climbing on Wednesday. I was out of form; I felt unrecovered from Monday. I got a one v4 and a couple of new v3s, though. 2.5 hour session; Fitbit reckons I'm on 500 active minutes for the week already.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Yesterday was boxing class, instructor took it easy on us for a change, found myself a little disappointed not to be exhausted at the end! :D

Today I did my usual full body workout this morning, a little less focused on legs as I've overdone them a little this week.
  • _John_
    Options
    push day

3x10 incline dumbbell press
    3x15 Flys
    2x10 weighted dips
    2x12/1x failure seated skull crushers (machine)
    Last set there was supersetted with a set of unweighted dips to failure
  • _John_
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Prior post was yesterday.

In an interrupted session in home gym I was able to get in 1 working set of deadlifts (I did 3x’s at like 50 lb increments, so some volume too).

Then 3x10 superset of leg extensions and leg curls.

Planned to go a set of squats to (near) failure after my last extension set, but life got in the way.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Boxing class again today, we did one pyramid round (3x1 minutes of a specific routine adding a new part each minute); core round (5 x a certain routine then 15 crunches repeated for 5 mins); then a very long cardio round that I won't describe!
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    10 minuted elliptical, 30 minutes free weights. Then 45 minute horse ride but just in walk.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    No rowing: Cold rain and a race conflict (collegiate race on the river where we row).

I did short, moderate stationary bike workouts on Friday and today (Sunday), 30'+3' CD. As I'm repeating these, average heart rate seems to be dropping and average power is increasing a little (without pushing for it). Though I haven't been biking much, my general CV fitness isn't too bad, so fairly quick modest improvement doesn't seem impossible . . . though maybe I flatter myself. :D