Emotional eating

Options
Hello people! I'm new here and feeling a little lost. I have always been on the more unfit side and have always found maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle very difficult. It's like I'm good for a day or two but then something happens and I'm back to square one. I have noticed this pattern and deduced that I'm an emotional eater. I love food, trying out different things but it has taken over my life to the point where I am not able to enjoy it the way I used to, without any guilt. I have been out of shape for some time now and really want to change, want to take control of my life. So please let me know how to get out of this funk of emotional eating.

Replies

• Tatted_Gemini
    Tatted_Gemini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Small steps. Start by adding more
    Nutritious foods into your diet and eventually it pushes out the less nutritious. Increase your protein which will help keep you full. Track your calories. Lots of support on here. Best of luck!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Try to find something else to occupy your mind. I go for walks when I am feeling some anxiety.

Or do what I do make yourself wait 10min and I find the craving passes.

Also don't turn to alcohol. It will make things worse...

• evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Make one change a week you can stick to. Start with smaller portions or initially just understanding that you're eating due to emotions. Once you acknowledge that you can then move to change it. It won't be easy, but you'll get there. Drink water, go work out/walk instead of eating. Lots of things to distract you for a bit so you can really work through things to decide if its hunger or just bored/emotional eating.
  • JohnG2073
    JohnG2073 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating is a constant challenge. Feel free to add me.
  • zak_q
    zak_q Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Accepting u do this and acknowledging u deserve emotional comfort goes a long way towards overcoming emotional eating. Feel free to add me if u want🤗