LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

@MissMay welcome back from your vacation, you did amazingly well with LA goals! Thanks too for the reminder to think before we drink.

@globalhiker I believe making the world a better place is a big part of why we’re here!
    LaMarca Prosecco is my favorite Prosecco now and then. Good to know about the calories!

@Womona feel better soon! I came to this thread last February when I had a terrible sinusitis and you’re right, smaller portions and no alcohol works (if dropping weight is a goal) every time, lol. Congrats on reaching your WL goals!

Since October 1st, I have had more A days than planned (3 total). The only saving grace is that I have stayed within limits much better this month and achieved LA (per A day). Now I need/want to make up my AF days before our vacation starts next weekend.

I can get too obsessed thinking about A at times, can you tell?…but also need that balance of “having a plan” for LA for my own accountability.

Tonight my DH and I are going out for dinner and the theater with my DS and wife, and naturally I am excited. I planned to have a glass of wine at the Italian restaurant, but if others are abstaining, then I will have no problem doing so. They also do LA on a regular basis, of which I’m very happy about.

October goals:
    AF days: 19-21
    AF - 9
    A - 10

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    12 AF
    9 A
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @MissMay what are these magical pink bubbles of which you speak????? Is that the fever tree club soda? Because I love those!!! Or do they have a product that looks like a sparkling rosé?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @womona it is the grapefruit
    SO GOOD!sxhh93qzd94k.jpg
  • MissMay
    Options
    More sparkling flavorsqwb0ss1ipr9j.jpg
    dk59l78mqrdc.jpg
    x8ski6trdyvq.jpg
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @MissMay Fever-Tree NA sparkling beverages are so good - the Sicilian lemonade is my favorite.

Accountability….I am updating my goal to 17 AF days for this month….It was a big month for festivals, birthdays, dinner out and vacation that starts on the 27th. This week is back on track with clean eating and AF days.
    October goals:
    AF days: 17
    AF - 11
    A - 11
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I'm happy you enjoyed your trip! I just bought the Fever Tree grapefruit at Target. I'm drinking it while watching the football game. It's delicious!
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    13 AF
    8 A

Staying on track, more or less. Finally feeling a bit better, symptoms of the mysterious Burning Mouth Syndrome have subsided with prescription. I'll take that a few more days then see how it is without the medication.

Has anyone else had this mysterious condition?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @tmbg1 : I've been there so many times and it doesn't take much these days. Well, as I said above: yesterday is history (and you know the rest). I find that rest, hydration, and a little activity are the best treatments for a low-grade hangover.

We had a wonderful birthday party for my wife last night at a fantastic restaurant, and I had two delicious 12oz craft American Pale Ales with dinner. Since I've been dry for several weeks, they were more than enough to loosen me up. And, of course, I had a little trouble sleeping. But, I had a lot of outdoor time with the dog and a great nap this afternoon, so all good!

AF: 20
    A: 1 🥳
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    19 AF
    4 A

:)
  • MissMay
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    13 AF
    9 A
    Definitely AF today because I overdid it last night and feel so icky today

Once you start incorporating AF days into your lifestyle your body's resistance to alcohol becomes less tolerant.
    This is actually a "good" warning device in my mind. It reminds us that the path we were heading having LESS alcohol is much smoother.
    You are not alone with this tiny back slide. I have and probably will do this again in my journey as well.
    Recoup, hydrate and get back to your awesome goals.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    14 AF
    9 A
  • Womona
    Options
    zensome wrote: »
    13 AF
    8 A

Staying on track, more or less. Finally feeling a bit better, symptoms of the mysterious Burning Mouth Syndrome have subsided with prescription. I'll take that a few more days then see how it is without the medication.

Has anyone else had this mysterious condition?

Oh my goodness- no, but it sounds awful! Glad you’re on the mend.
  • Womona
    Options
    @MissMay thanks for the Fever Tree recommendations. I’ve seen the pink grapefruit at the market, but because I don’t care for grapefruit, I’ve never reached for it. I’ll definitely give it a try!

We had a big party to celebrate DS1’s commissioning. He’s now an officer in the Army National Guard! So proud. I was stressed getting things set up at the restaurant and sucked down 5 mimosas. Luckily each only counts as half a glass of champagne, but still. Huge long nap yesterday after the brunch. Nothing tonight except for 3 sips of my husband’s and’s wine.