Any other perimenopausal/menopausal women looking for an accountability/venting partner

Good Morning - I am a 49 year old woman having some trouble with this stage of life. With the exception of regular periods, I am showing most of the other symptoms of being perimenopausal but doctor is hesitant to help because of the regular periods. Anyway, looking for someone to keep me accountable here and occasionally vent about all that goes with being perimenopausal. I hope this makes sense and someone understands. Please feel free to send a friend request.

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Hello; I'm 54 and I'm menopausal. Sure is a roller coaster, huh?

There isn't a lot they do anymore, since they've discovered all the long-term risks of taking estrogen they really don't like to give it out anymore unless it's absolutely necessary.

I was told cleaning up my diet would help with menopausal symptoms because when you're not eating as much crap and your body is getting the nutrition it needs, it helps balance your hormones better. I do feel better, but I'm not sure how much of that is diet or how much has to do with the worst of the symptoms being behind me, but trust me-- it gets better! Hang in.

Sending friend request.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Here's a great peri venting thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10482404/is-it-over-yet-the-perimenopause-thread/

While I like interacting on the forums, I'm a terrible "feed friend" - I don't have an open diary and don't comment on anyone's feeds :lol:
  • savkotur
    savkotur Posts: 1 Member
    I feel you! I am going thru the same things. The belly weight gain is the hardest for me. And the late night cravings.
  • JesusGal81
    JesusGal81 Posts: 5 Member
    I am peri meno! Add me, start tomorrow, am new here.
  • Stuv46
    Stuv46 Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2023
    I've officially entered menopause. I've gained so much weight in the past 2 years that I can't seem to lose. :( I think I also have arthritis in my hips and it keeps me from doing too much exercise.
    I too hate the fat around the belly! I want to fit into my jeans comfortably!!! I joined MFP ages ago but never really used it until recently. I didn't know about the communities, I hope joining some of the groups here will help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Stuv46 wrote: »
    I've officially entered menopause. I've gained so much weight in the past 2 years that I can't seem to lose. :( I think I also have arthritis in my hips and it keeps me from doing too much exercise.
    I too hate the fat around the belly! I want to fit into my jeans comfortably!!! I joined MFP ages ago but never really used it until recently. I didn't know about the communities, I hope joining some of the groups here will help.

Welcome! Check this out if you haven't already:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1