LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Alarm goes off at 6;00am. I am awake, but enjoying the comfort of the soft plush blanket.

6:14am I reopen my eyes and my first thought is how wonderful.it is to wake up without the residue of alcohol in my system.

Gonna be a 👍day!

Love it!!!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insightful shares everyone. I do know how ‘the drink’ can take over even with one’s best intentions.
    So worthy of the reminder @MissMay.

I’ve been happily planning a vacation and doing many social activities in the month. I shared how I have found myself wanting some wine all last week which is a newer feeling. I veered off my very planned AF days for a minute! But realizing this I made sure I kept to my resolve last night to stay AF. Feels great to wake up knowing this! Heading to a studio class at the gym now.

Have a great day!

October goals:
    AF days: 17
    AF - 11
    A - 12
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    15 AF
    9 A
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    The Fever Tree Pink Grapefruit is AMAZING! Thanks for the recommendation @MissMay. It’s perfect. Not too sweet, not too sour/ grapefruity. Magic bubbles in a glass, indeed. In a wine glass is even better! AF tonight, just 3 sips of my husband’s wine. Beats an entire glass!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Very happy to report I stayed true to my AF goals for the last 3 days in a row. Also found the Olipop prebiotic sodas to be very tasty. Tried several fruit flavors, and only 35 calories - very good if you want some good gut support too! I’m now on the hunt for crisp apple.

AF continues…

October goals:
    Current:
    AF - 13
    A - 12
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    21 AF
    4 A
  • tmbg1
    Options
    16 AF
    9 A
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    22 AF
    4 A
  • Michieb125
    Options
    It’s wonderful to see all the success many of you are having with LA!

Woke up thinking how great I feel without any wine residual in my system. We have a flight tomorrow so will keep my AF days going.

October goals:
    Current:
    AF - 14
    A - 12
  • tmbg1
    Options
    16 AF
    11 A
  • tmbg1
    Options
    16 AF
    12 A
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Cider last night, 8 ounce pour. Fall is a good time for cider. The pineapple was refreshing and did not leave me feeling buzzed at all. 🍍

Anticipated night out Tuesday. Halloween my MOST FAVORITE holiday. Not a repeat of last year 🙄.

I will be driving to our Halloween event on the Santa Rosa Sound, it is out doors, live rock band (music from my growing up era), it is a fun place.

They have great food, and the bartender makes me special mocktails. Going to be lots of dancing from this ole gal.

GOALS! GOALS! GOALS! set in place.

🎃😁🌴
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 😘 WOW 6 days consecutive! I know how much that must have meant to your October months talley.

As always, so wonderful to have you still with us. You were my original inspiration in Dec 2017❤
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @missmay is inspiring me to join the party without overdoing the alcohol. We generally don’t go to many parties anymore, and I don’t think I’ve ever gone without drinking. That would be kind of a test. Anyway, @missmay, I hope the party was great! Let us know how you fared.

——————

AF: 27
    A: 1 🍾
  • tmbg1
    Options
    17 AF
    12 A