Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x5
    Machine Fly 3x12
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x12
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Backing off a set on hypertrophy day, from 4 sets to 3, see if that helps my elbow be more agreeable going forward.
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Legs/Abs
    1. Barbell Squat - 3x8 - 75% max
    2. Dumbbell Lunges - 3x10
    3. Seated Leg Curl - 3x10
    4. Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift - 3x8 - 60-65%
    5. Seated Calf Raise - 3x10
    6. Standing Calf Raise - 3x10
    7. Crunches - 4x30 sec
    8. Hanging Leg Raise - 3x10
    9. Med Ball Side to Side - 4x30 sec
    10. Mountain Climbers - 4x30 sec
  • williamsonmj1
    williamsonmj1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    30 minute run on the treadmill. Felt good- could have gone for longer. But taking it easy for now and gradually working back. If I wake up early tomorrow morning (which I probably will) and it isn't raining I will probably go for a short run outside.

The plan is now to lift twice a week for a while, and run more for a while. I'll do full body both lifting days, lower body and core assistance day one and arms/chest/upper back assistance on day two. It probably makes more sense to lift less and run more when I am dieting anyway.
  • mw5hd6dp7q
    mw5hd6dp7q Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Climbing; 3hours. It was a mixed session.

I was terrible at slab, which I'm normally good at. I was good at dynos and thuggy overhangs, which I'm normally terrible at. There was one dyno I was very pleased to get; quite a far jump with a single hand catch.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Slogged out a Friday 10k. Humidity was 90% even though it was in the lower 80s according to weather report because of the humidity it felt like 91. I agreed. Had another 3/4 of mile to get back home, but by 5 miles I was running in wet shoes. So once the 10k was done I took a breather and then squished my a s s home. The bright side was used the relaxing walk as cool down period.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Finally got some rowing weather, or at least it was rowing weather for a quad (windy for singles with water getting cold), and we luckily did have 4 rowers. Once again, we had one of this year's learn-to-row students in the boat with us, so we kept to moderate steady state rowing with some technical focus calls spread through the 7k-ish.

Air was unusually warm for late October, mid-60s F (18-ish C) even early in the day . . . I rowed in a short-sleeved t-shirt, which hasn't happened recently.
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Back/Biceps
    - Bent Over Barbell Row
    - Underhand Pull Downs (Bar)
    - Barbell Deadlift
    - Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
    - Preacher Curl

Cardio - 30 minutes - Rowing Machine
  • memeq2
    memeq2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Circuit training - I love the variety.
  • williamsonmj1
    Options
    Yesterday I managed 40 minutes on the treadmill. Slow, but at this point I really don't care about speed at all. Felt good.

Today was weights. Full body plus PUMP:
    1. Warmup and muscular activation
    2. Back squats- 5 sets of 5
    3. Dips- 6 sets of 5
    4. Super-strict chin-ups- 5 sets of 5
    5. Superset 1- EZ bar curls and cable tricep extensions- 5 sets of 10
    6. Superset 2- pec deck- 3 sets of 10, chest-supported row- 3 sets of 8

Back squats felt really good, could probably have done sets of 10 or gone heavier. But easing back into it and also want to make sure I am in shape to run tomorrow. Cutting just a few inches short of very bottom- back likes it more. Dips felt a bit better, still geting used to these again. Overall the main exercises felt good but a bit easy. Put a lot into the assistance work, which was fun.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Caving in Mendips.
    The logistics didn't pan out for a massive trip. So we had a pootle around the top of Swildon's; going down every hole to see how it all linked up. It was damp and tight.
  • Vockgarr
    Vockgarr Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Was Legs and Shoulders today:

Single Leg Leg Press
    Static Dumbbell Lunges
    Leg Extension
    Lying Hamstring Curl
    Seated Shoulder Press
    Rear Delt Fly
    Lateral Raises
    Heavy One Arm Side Bends

Didn't feel that energetic but still managed a few PR's so can't complain!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Saturday's Exercise:
    • 🤸‍♂️Stretching 10 min;
    • 🧘‍♂️Yoga 24 min;
    • 🏃‍♂️Run/walk 23 min/1.31 mi;
    • 🚶‍♂️Walk 62 min/3.12 mi;
    • 🏊‍♂️Swim 21 min/675 yds;
    • 🤽‍♂️Water aerobics 65 min;
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    The usual morning row in the quad, but one of my rowing buddies - bless him! - volunteered to bow (so steer). I got to row 2 seat and actually focus on technical things for the whole row, which was excellent.

Tonight we had a (supposedly) moonlight barge row. It was a lovely night on the river, but the moon was just a pale smudge behind the clouds. Still beautiful on the river after dark, though. I rowed probably about 2/3 of the row, and was rudder woman for the other 1/3.

I guess I could also count baling accumulated rain water out of the barge for around half an hour or so beforehand as a workout, too? (On a previous occasion, the exercise automatic recognition on my Garmin watch thought I was swimming when we baled the barge! :D .)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    If there's enough water in my canoe, it really isn't much different than "swimming." I can bail out small amounts, but if it's more than five or ten gallons, I have to pull over and dump it out. I don't think you can do that easily with those eggshell hulls you row.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    If there's enough water in my canoe, it really isn't much different than "swimming." I can bail out small amounts, but if it's more than five or ten gallons, I have to pull over and dump it out. I don't think you can do that easily with those eggshell hulls you row.

This was the barge, the huge rectangular thing, not a shell. It had - I dunno - 4 to 6 inches of water in it: Hundreds of pounds of water. It would be rowable, but the already heavy and inefficient craft would be even more so, plus everyone's feet (strapped into the boat) would be in cold water for the whole row. Not desirable.

There is no practical way of dumping it out. The quickest thing is to hand bail most of it, then get out the last bit with a shop vac. A small pump would work, then the vac, but there's lots of us (10, last night) and the boat is 8 separate compartments, so hand bailing takes similar time.

On a sunny day separate occasion, here's the barge for illustration of what I'm talking about. Vigorous bailing is moderate exercise.

n5asquh95bdh.jpg
  • williamsonmj1
    Options
    Treadmill today- 56 minutes jog.