Online dating!

Options

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    i joined this site called MFP. you may have heard about it...lots of hotties.

seriously,
    i've never done the online dating...except once. I created a fake profile on POF and busted my boyfriend...it was funny as hell and i still pee myself when telling the story. he's now the ex boyfriend.

Ohhhhh I wanna hear this story!

Dish!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I have used a few online dating sites. I met my current bf on plenty of fish. I have had pretty good luck with online sites. I don't have many other options for meeting people. I work with family, when i was still at university the guys were too young, and my only dating disaster story came from dating my old neighbor! I also used singlesnet. Good luck
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online, but not a dating site. We have been happily married for four years and have two wonderful babies! :)
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options

seriously,
    i've never done the online dating...except once. I created a fake profile on POF and busted my boyfriend...it was funny as hell and i still pee myself when telling the story. he's now the ex boyfriend.

Dish!

it's much funnier after half a bottle of vodka...but here goes

short version: he's an idiot. i moved out after living with him for 4yrs...we had issues.
    him "please come back home...you belong here...we can be a family...blah blah blah"
    i looked up his old POF profile (we had issues, remember?) to find he's updated it with new pics etc.
    so i created a profile and sent him a message.
    back and forth for a week...he asks what else i like to do in my spare time and wants to meet. i was totally going to show up but my anger got the best of me...
    i said "i like to make up fake profiles on dating sites just to see what kind of *kitten***le my boyfriend really is"
    he says "hi becky"
    end of story. he never heard from me again. and i didn't get any of my *kitten* back from the house either.
    **the funny version cannot be told--would be breaking "rules" and would be too much "fun"***
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I randomly got another message from a lady who wants to meet me downstairs in the hotel bar.

Wish me luck..

This is turning out to be one of the weirdest nights of my life.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I randomly got another message from a lady who wants to meet me downstairs in the hotel bar.

Wish me luck..

good luck! make sure you get a pic of this one lol
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

Wish me luck..

Watch out for reptiles, Casanova.
  • DannyMussels
    Options

good luck! make sure you get a pic of this one lol

I'll do my best.

It's just super-intense cause I'm not from this city, so I'm literally talkin to these girls spur-of-the-moment, if I don't see em today, I probably won't be back for weeks or months.

Get em while they're hot
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Wish me luck..

What kind of website did you use? This is starting to sound like craigslist! Admit it!! No wonder you are meeting snake people.
  • DannyMussels
    Options
    I have a POF account, but not for my city. I'm actually from a small town.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    awwwww...now we know why you have POF account...looking for those girls that are DTF huh?? lmao
  • DannyMussels
    Options
    Not really, I met one who wanted that, and all I wanted to do was go dancing.

We did end up back at her place though, cause it was too cold to walk, so she suggested goin there to call a cab.

I'm not half as bad as the girls.

I met an asian chick and went for coffee once (she was into anime and like...xmen, harry potter...a little weird) and one girl I brought to a mardi gras party at a gay bar. She's still pretty cool, we talk often.

I've only met 4 girls on here. One was just a snake.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

seriously,

Dish!

it's much funnier after half a bottle of vodka...but here goes

short version: he's an idiot. i moved out after living with him for 4yrs...we had issues.
    him "please come back home...you belong here...we can be a family...blah blah blah"
    i looked up his old POF profile (we had issues, remember?) to find he's updated it with new pics etc.
    so i created a profile and sent him a message.
    back and forth for a week...he asks what else i like to do in my spare time and wants to meet. i was totally going to show up but my anger got the best of me...
    i said "i like to make up fake profiles on dating sites just to see what kind of *kitten***le my boyfriend really is"
    he says "hi becky"
    end of story. he never heard from me again. and i didn't get any of my *kitten* back from the house either.
    **the funny version cannot be told--would be breaking "rules" and would be too much "fun"***

Yikes! Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Inbox me the funny version-- haha. ;)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Been on match and okcupid. Nothing too exciting yet. But it works for me because I'm really busy, live in the middle of nowhere, and work from home with other women soooo there's not really any other way to meet anyone.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on it. We have been together 6 tears in December and we have a two year old. My best mate met her fiancée on one and my other friend lives with a girl he met on one. I know az few others who met online including one who is now married and moved to Canada from the UK. Most of us are under 30.

I would say it works but I had a lot of creeps try to get me to go on a date but I only ever went on one date and luckily it worked out. I know that my best mate went on quite a few dates and dated a few people which did not work out but now she is happy even if her fiancée in my eyes is psycho :) I probs shouldn't say that, considering I am the maid of honour. haha
  • lawlzx
    Options
    I met my husband on World of Warcraft. He lived in Sydney, we got along well, I went to meet up with him as friends. Now we've been together six years and married for one, and we have a 10 week old baby girl =)
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    i buy things on-line...never dated...been married to my wife for alomst 26 years.....
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i buy things on-line...never dated...been married to my wife for alomst 26 years.....
    When you say you buy things, are you referring to "erotic services?"
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm on okcupid and have been getting some really weird guys messaging me lately. I'm a single mom and I don't get to go out much so online dating seems like the easiest thing right now.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Have you tried it? Yes

Did it work? Yes, happily married for 2 years now.

What sites did you try? World of Warcraft