Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    @AnneGenevieveS, your strength and determination are impressive! I'm sure your efforts will pay off, in overall healing/recovery. Beaming well-wishes your way!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It's been 84 days since I broke my leg. I counted this morning. I feel like I'm only just now starting to be able to move around better in the last couple days. It has been a test of my patience and trust in this process, but I'm starting to get there.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm only just now starting to be able to move around better in the last couple days.
    This is great news! Prolly there will be hiccups and setbacks, but you are on the road to dancing and skipping around again soon. Keep at it!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    It's been 84 days since I broke my leg. I counted this morning. I feel like I'm only just now starting to be able to move around better in the last couple days. It has been a test of my patience and trust in this process, but I'm starting to get there.

I know you've been through some low spots, as you've been honest about that here. But overall, IMO you've handled this challenge with exemplary determination and personal strength.

Hang in there: You're in the home stretch!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The physical therapist asked me to JUMP today. :# The thought of that absolutely terrified me. I was afraid I couldn't, and I was afraid that it would hurt or redislocate my ankle. I felt the burn of anxiety attack tears behind my eyes, but I told myself that I can't cry in front of these people! There was a sweet elderly couple there, and they were cheering me on... and I jumped! It was so scary, but I did it, and it didn't hurt. I jumped back and forth 80 times! He said it's time to increase my walking too. He said in 1 week he wants me to work up to 10,000 steps per day by doing 20 minutes of walking, 5 times per day. I've only been averaging 3,000 steps per day. :| I didn't have time for 10,000 every day even before I hurt myself. Seriously nervous about this, but I made it to 7,000 today, so maybe it won't be so bad. I had no idea when my leg was nonfunctional 6 weeks ago that I'd be able to do any of this at this point.

THANK YOU for supporting me here!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    He said in 1 week he wants me to work up to 10,000 steps per day by doing 20 minutes of walking, 5 times per day.

THANK YOU for supporting me here!

That's 10K today, right? How is it going?