ED recovery

Options
Been working on my mental health. Not my “diet”. I have been yo-yo dieting, and have had an eating disorder unknowingly for the entire adult part of my life. Recovery is feeling really free. I am so much happier and now uncovering a lot of baggage that I’ve carried for a really, really long time.

No more obsessing about food. Just living life, but still losing weight regardless, because it no longer controls my life. No more crash diets, no more emotional eating, no more turning to food to help me cope with the things I’ve been through. No more binging alone to try to forget my trauma.

I thought when I stopped anorexia 17 years ago that I was “recovered”, but I didn’t realize that I still had an eating disorder that entire time. I never dealt with the issues that had caused me to stop eating at age 18 and continued into 19. The only reason I stopped anorexia is because I became pregnant, but I never got the help I needed until now. But man am I glad I did.

It’s okay to not be okay. But please reach out to someone! Don’t wait 16 years!

We do recover! ❤️

I’m 73 days in and so happy! I’ve lost 20.7 lbs, but I am truly eating everything I want! I’m just no longer binging and using food to cope with life. Thanks for all who gave me advice in previous posts :) I ended up firing my therapist and getting a new one. The last one was not productive or professional at all. But I’m excited for the rest of my life ! if27b6407pq2.jpeg

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you found a therapist that can help you. It's nice that you came back to tell us. We give advice and never know if it falls on deaf ears.

Congratulations! And hoping that you reach your future goals with serenity. Best.
  • AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hun, I don't know whether you want to hear it, but it looks like you're running a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day, and you don't seem to be overweight. Please consider talking to your therapist, because eating so little is only really meant for severely obese people, and you don't look like it.

What do you mean? I didn’t say anything about a deficit in my post?
  • AlyssaP1987
    Options
    Hun, I don't know whether you want to hear it, but it looks like you're running a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day, and you don't seem to be overweight. Please consider talking to your therapist, because eating so little is only really meant for severely obese people, and you don't look like it.

Also I’m a professional photographer, I’m insanely good an angels :) I am 80 lbs more than I should be. But I’m not stressing over my weight anymore. I just want to feel good and feel happy with my body. I don’t typically use MFP to track anymore because it keeps changing my macros to super low. I am not tracking calories at the moment. Just eating smaller portions and not overthinking it :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,190 Member
    Options

Loss of a pound a week implies roughly a 500 calorie daily deficit, on average. Two pounds a week, 1000 calorie deficit. Losing 20.7 pounds in 73 days is about 2 pounds a week.

Arithmetic estimate.
  • AlyssaP1987
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Loss of a pound a week implies roughly a 500 calorie daily deficit, on average. Two pounds a week, 1000 calorie deficit. Losing 20.7 pounds in 73 days is about 2 pounds a week.

Arithmetic estimate.

Gotcha, well I have a lot to lose and again I’m not tracking. So if I lose I lose. lol I know for sure I’m eating more than 1700 calories a day.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

Also I’m a professional photographer, I’m insanely good an angels :) I am 80 lbs more than I should be. But I’m not stressing over my weight anymore. I just want to feel good and feel happy with my body. I don’t typically use MFP to track anymore because it keeps changing my macros to super low. I am not tracking calories at the moment. Just eating smaller portions and not overthinking it :)

If you're in Massachusetts, you're hired as a photographer!

What's your height and goal weight?
  • AlyssaP1987
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

If you're in Massachusetts, you're hired as a photographer!

What's your height and goal weight?

I’m 5’2. My goal weight is 130. But I’ve lost 7 more lbs since I posted this :)

I’m not in Massachusetts, but if you ever visit Florida hit me up www.gloriamaephotography.com ;) ❤️