LESS Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn what town did you end up again in Ohio? LOL?

That sucks about the dishwasher. Why could they not take you word that it was a lemon?

Thanks everyone for the comments on my Inspector costume. Especially your @forestdweller1, LOL
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @MissMay What a great idea for a costume! Love the pink panther at the back!
    @lmlmrn What!?! No coffee or at least a mom & pop nearby? You ARE out in the country. We'd have to move! LOL. And the expressions on the faces of your sock family! I could use a few of those! I would put them on the bottles we have at home after my one glass. Their stares would keep me from going for that extra drink! Ha!
    @Michieb125 Greece! I would love to go. Post some photos. Wishing you happy travels and a very happy anniversary!
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thu 11/2: AF - Made it through another day AF and stuck close to my food plan. @MissMay, I agree with your comments on consecutive days and feeling better.
    Fri 11/3: Tonight we're going to a local brewery for music and dinner. This brewery makes its own NA beer, which I plan to try. If they don't have it I'll go for a single IPA. My plan is 2 A days this week.
    Rolling total since Monday (includes October): 3 AF Days out of 4
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Good eve to all or day whenever you can jump on to catch up!
    As I sit here with my 1/2 glass of wine for the evening. I am so sad, in our move (cough cough before) most of my stemware slowly went to the glass bottle in the sky So I am now reduced to whiskey tumblers, 2 IPA beer glasses and 1 red wine goblet. Sheesh we are rough on stemware.

So went to a gem/bead fair today up in Columbus, not as big as I would have seen in my old home town but respectable.

Still have not tried out a full cycle on the dishwasher yet

My bluetooth on my phone is messed up. Won't connect to my car. Won't recognize my Bose headset. I just got it to pair with my hearing aids and it is working. last two days it would connect to my hearing aids and I could listen to music from my phone BUT not talk on the phone. Incoming/outgoing called I had to disconnect the hearing aids just to use the phones mic and speaker phone......

Went to the Verizon store told the guy there what was going on...no joke he practically grabbed my phone out of my hand and immediately wanted my pin to get in....whoa baby not so fast..........I gently took it back and put my pin in. Explained again about the hearing aids and the problem with not connecting to the car....so he scrolls a bit and said lets go to your car..I am getting pissed I hate it when I am not believed as to what was going on. So we walk out...larger sales guy attempts to sit in my prius passenger side. I start my car, he again tries to get in my phone and I take it back to do my own pin....and poof just like I said it will not connect.....then he goes on to tell me I will have to contact tech he is only a sales rep...A**wipe. And complains about having a magnesium deficiency so makes it difficult for him to get out of my car and he has a balance problem??? hell he is just over weight.

What did I do to deserve this today??? Anyway I managed to get the hearing aids to pair after doing a factory reset at home but car is still an issue.

Can I say you all are wonderful to listen to this saga.......

msy86uvdsg7d.jpg
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @missmay: I love hearing that you get so much energy from not drinking. Send some my way!

(I’m hypothyroid and I don’t think I’m getting enough medication. I keep asking for more!)

Anyway, tonight will test my lofty November plans (AF except for TG weekend) as I’m seeing an old friend for dinner, and we usually get beer together. Can I pass on the beer? It’s certainly possible!
  • MissMay
    Options
    Last night I joined my husband in bogo margaritas at our local wonderful Mexican cantina.

Oh the food is SO GOOD. And the homemade salsa with lots of cilantro!!!! I get the bowl chicken taco salad. A chicken taco salad inside a fried tortilla bowl to eat.

I am counting that one drink as two. The glass was big, with lots of ice. But I am sure it was more than a standard drink.

AF tonight

Accountability for Nov '23
    3AF
    1A ( 2 drinks)

*Going for another set of consecutive AF days. 6 is my goal(since I just did 5 consecutive before Friday night)
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    We did go out for our agreed upon 1x weekly lunch and beer out, then home for the nap. I stuck to my 2 IPA's and I am good for a while.
    In the olden days I would get up from that nap and continue on until I went to bed too squinty eyed to remember.

And I can certainly understand the extra energy when not drinking @MissMay . I wake up not in so much pain from arthritis when I don't drink.

@RockinRobyn672 which IPA's (brands) do you gravitate towards? I tend to really enjoy the more hoppy ones. I do hope to find a local OH brewery but it does not seem to be much of a thing in this part of the woods.
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @lmlmrn To answer your question about the brands of IPAs that I like, in the Virginia Beach area there are lots of breweries, so it's a huge temptation here. A few of my " go-tos" from the grocery store include: Hazy Little Thing, Atomic Torpedo, Voodoo Ranger, Dogfish Head and The Truth (to name a few). What are your faves?
  • MissMay
    Options
    Beautiful pics @RockinRobyn672. All that fresh air is so great for you.

@globalhiker I like your way of thinking. Since the alcohol equation is A= inches.

If you can get through the holidays without, you can do anything!!!👍
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I realized this morning I have not posted yet for November.

3 AF
    3 A
  • MissMay
    Options
    zensome wrote: »
    I realized this morning I have not posted yet for November.

3 AF
    3 A

Welcome to November!! Glad your still with us. Nice job