LESS Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Ugh been sick. The boy brought it over last week, yay. With me under the weather, everybody fends for themselves, so wife ordered several meals on UberEats over the weekend. I forced them down in lieu of better options and quickly realized, if I never eat another McMuffin, it won't make me sad. Abu Omar has gone downhill and their chicken shawarma is dry and gross, and their hummus may be the worst I've ever tried. The caldo de pollo Columbiano with arepas wasn't bad, but not spectacular. Generally speaking, I'm finding restaurants in general less and less appealing. On the other hand, my preferred approach of having prepared foods ready to rock in the sous vide makes life a lot easier when I'm not well.

So a while back, the monks decided they're in the prayer business, not the liquor business, or something along those lines, and Chartreuse has become VERY hard to get. (Edit - some sources state that this is entirely untrue, and that the Carthusian monastary is cranking out record volumes, it's just that demand has somehow outstripped supply lately. IDK.) I happened upon a bottle of yellow, although I prefer the green, and snagged it up. Had a few sips of that at the end of the night. Hey, it's medicinal. O.o It's medicinal, right?

Got a few really cool things on vinyl and a few more coming, and really enjoying the tangible aspects of listening to music again.

Not keeping count, but still satisfied with how I'm doing on the LA front.

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    2 AF
    5 A
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672 Back in the PNW like near you there were/are so many micro breweries that it is overwhelming. And so many tap houses that keep anywhere from 30-50 rotating taps ...but back to your question, my grocery store go too's are by Elysian, Spacedust and Skankdust. I really like them bitter/hoppy.

Yesterday and today I had 1/2 glass of wine with dinner then stopped. I was looking back and I started on this thread in December 2019 and I started posting in January 2020. I remember when I celebrated 24 hours AF.
    So thank you @MissMay for keep this going each month. I look back to then and to where I am now, it is not perfect but I have come so far.

so the nosy neighbors ......
    5awv3mdvqjvi.jpg
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    zensome wrote: »
    Thank you @MissMay I appreciate you for keeping this group going.

🥰❤ you are welcome. We need a common place for our journeys with people that have the same needs. My pleasure.
  • MissMay
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    Ugh been sick. The boy brought it over last week, yay. With me under the weather, everybody fends for themselves, so wife ordered several meals on UberEats over the weekend. I forced them down in lieu of better options and quickly realized, if I never eat another McMuffin, it won't make me sad. Abu Omar has gone downhill and their chicken shawarma is dry and gross, and their hummus may be the worst I've ever tried. The caldo de pollo Columbiano with arepas wasn't bad, but not spectacular. Generally speaking, I'm finding restaurants in general less and less appealing. On the other hand, my preferred approach of having prepared foods ready to rock in the sous vide makes life a lot easier when I'm not well.

So a while back, the monks decided they're in the prayer business, not the liquor business, or something along those lines, and Chartreuse has become VERY hard to get. (Edit - some sources state that this is entirely untrue, and that the Carthusian monastary is cranking out record volumes, it's just that demand has somehow outstripped supply lately. IDK.) I happened upon a bottle of yellow, although I prefer the green, and snagged it up. Had a few sips of that at the end of the night. Hey, it's medicinal. O.o It's medicinal, right?

Got a few really cool things on vinyl and a few more coming, and really enjoying the tangible aspects of listening to music again.

Not keeping count, but still satisfied with how I'm doing on the LA front.

-m

Sorry to hear you have been ill.

🤯😳😱 these are the faces I see when you say you do the majority of the food prep and cooking in your home and now your having to eat poor grub while trying to get better.

Wishing you mending vibes.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @lmlmrn I don't recall that part of Ohio being so vast with the necessities we all need. 😭

Your only 3 hours from my Sister. Now, unless you guys are living in the middle of an flatlander cornfield? LOL.....just kidding.

We were in the same situation when we lived in Maine. At least a 45 minute drive to Walmart, a decent medical facility or a known chain eatery. In the bad Winter weather it was awful to have to think about the travel out of town for staples.

Anyhow, one word about local breweries down here.
    ~CHERRY SOUR~
    Tried this for the first time a few months ago, no more than a 4 ounce pour. It was like a glass of muddled cherries, so richly red and only slightly on the sour side.

Had to reel it in once I tasted that. I was glad it was pricey by the pour, and an 8 ounce glass would be too much acid at once.

The sock family faired very well during your move. They will soon need flannel.

Wonderful to have you back.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Tue 11/7: AF - Made it 2 days in a row AF, got a good workout in, my weight is down (A = inches!).

November Rolling Total: 4 AF Days out of 7

11/8: I've been reading everyone's posts and smiling. I love everyone's sense of humor. @mfowler883 hope you feel better soon. @MissMay, I laughed out loud at your faces RE: mfowler's post. @lmlmrn I love the sock family photos (Ha!). Keep them coming! I also am fond of those Elysian beers (yummy!).

The rest of this week is going to be challenging for me. DH has just finished and submitted a huge application/report that he's been working on for two years for the college. It's for SACS accreditation. He is in a celebratory mood so we'll probably be going out. And Thursday's supposed to be pretty here (last bit of warmer weather) so he's going to take the day off and we plan to do a long bike ride. This weekend we're heading to see our eldest son and "unmarried" daughter-in-law, who live near Baltimore. I haven't thought it out yet but I need to "play out the stories" (@SunnyDays930). My goal is 2 A days this week with a limit of two each day.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Will be back home on Sunday and after reading all the wonderful posts, goals and challenges from you, I am looking forward to a daily check in.

That really works for my accountability when I can sit with my planner and diary and plan/review AF / A days and log updates here.

I thought I could be AF on half my vacay days but admittedly, vacations are always difficult for me to drink less wine for all the standard reasons and excuses: Sunsets, special dinners, lunch on the beach front after a tour, trying a new varietal in another region of Greece, and wine just because.

Lastly, my DH got sick 5 days ago and is finally feeling better. But talk about an unexpected interruption of a vacation. So there’s that too which I allowed it to frustrate me at times and then imbibed while he slept. Awful right? Ok enough of that reality. But I did really good with my daily limits so at least that is a win!

I am rooting for you all from a distance and will be back soon.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Will be back home on Sunday and after reading all the wonderful posts, goals and challenges from you, I am looking forward to a daily check in.

That really works for my accountability when I can sit with my planner and diary and plan/review AF / A days and log updates here.

I thought I could be AF on half my vacay days but admittedly, vacations are always difficult for me to drink less wine for all the standard reasons and excuses: Sunsets, special dinners, lunch on the beach front after a tour, trying a new varietal in another region of Greece, and wine just because.

Lastly, my DH got sick 5 days ago and is finally feeling better. But talk about an unexpected interruption of a vacation. So there’s that too which I allowed it to frustrate me at times and then imbibed while he slept. Awful right? Ok enough of that reality. But I did really good with my daily limits so at least that is a win!

I am rooting for you all from a distance and will be back soon.

I love the pictures! Sorry to hear your hubby got sick though. That’s no fun. Enjoy the rest of your time there, and great job in your goals!