Garmin Connect Weight Data Not Synced

Options
2»

Replies

• gregmcc
    gregmcc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Got another response from Garmin. They are now saying is a MFP issue.

If I add my weight manually to Garmin it syncs to MFP. However when I sync usng my scale it doesn't update.

Garmin said MFP pull the data from Garmin (They don't push it to MFP) so it's back to MFP support I guess.

Great customer experience - one provider blaming the other all the time.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    What kind of scale is it? Maybe it's an issue with the scale?

I have to enter my data manually. I just enter it on MFP and then it syncs to my Garmin data so that my wrist device knows how to assign calorie burn based on today's mass.
  • gregmcc
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It's a Tanita scale that syncs to a Garmin FR210 watch. The weight is correctly sync'd from the watch to Garmin website using Garmin Connect so it can't be the scale.

The issue is MFP is not pulling the data from Garmin after the sync. (Garmin don't push the data to MFP, It's pulled by MFP)

Back to MFP support we go.
  • gregmcc
    Options
    Had updates to both my support calls.

Looks like I'll have to give up. Garmin says it's a MFP issue, and MFP say it's a Garmin issue.
    Neither wants to take responsibility.
  • lfgray60
    lfgray60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't sync with MFP. I have to manually enter it. I have a Garmin scale. But I've learned to accept it. I just enter it.
  • gregmcc
    Options
    Someone fixed something. It's started to work again from this morning.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    I'm not surprised it got fixed. I have found that these bug appear and do eventually get resolved. It sometimes takes longer than others, and it's a good lesson in patience.

I'm glad it's back to working for you. Isn't it amazing how much we come to expect all our technology to work flawlessly? The entire computer on Apollo 11 had 74 kilobytes of hard-wired memory and 4 kilobytes of something like RAM, and the input was very clunky. My watch has 12 gigabytes available to store maps. One gigabyte is a million kilobytes. Truly amazing.
  • markpartridge212
    Options
    Yip mine started working again. Wonder who will take the credit for fixing it. My guess would be both of them. 😌