• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You are very mysterious! You know that, right? Remember: fleece intact! 😎
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    I know, hun ❤️ but this is a public forum, thus... it's important just for me personally and nobody else.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Adventurer too!
  • yirara
    Options
    So I guess I'm down 2-2.5kg. I might be losing a bit too fast, which basically means I can has more lovely food!

(note to those peri/menopausal people: yeah, no change to when I lost the bulk of my weight. still works)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey, little sheep? Are you OK? Are you back from your trip? Was it good? Did you encounter any green bread adventures while away?
  • yirara
    Options
    Hey tiny text <3 I've been away for a weekend to see a wonderful British band. Check out Big Joannie. And am going on another trip in about 2.5 weeks. Which I've not even planned yet other than creating a massive spreadsheet, comparing daytrips that various tour companies offer :D So basically... either doing nothing or too much.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Am I being punked? I hope not! I will have to check out the music when I have a device that "sounds" as opposed to just "texts"... for some reason I seem to be mostly text oriented!!! :smirk:

I was thinking you were in a train somewhere in Asia... but that might have been a previous/soon to be adventure!
  • yirara
    Options
    Oh no, not that. I'm currently planning a trip to Armenia, and already thinking about my next summer vacation but train + Asia must have been someone else.

Btw, yeah, I might have punked you. But I didn't rickroll you :D
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Armenia is in Asia... am I right?😳🤓

For some reason I was convinced there was a train involved! 😎

Maybe I'll get on your trip planning consult list!

A recent excursion pointed out to me the extensive degree of pre planning you would have to do to optimize your time at a previously unexplored location. And how much you can actually fit in if you're trying as well as to how much you might miss just because you didn't think to look (missed a whole adventure park and the area around it)
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    It's good to plan, but also important to be flexible. Some things, once you're there, you don't want to rush.

I do recommend planning ahead for restaurants, checking reviews. We've been burned by just walking into some random place and it was terrible, and you're maybe only in the city for a few days.
  • yirara
    Options
    As I lost too fast it’s time to eat too much now. Plus a pile of flight water weight which I won’t see until I’m back home. In Yerevan now ❤️🇦🇲
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Have fun.... send (generic non identifying) pictures!😜
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your trip.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! That sounds interesting!!!! I just put a deposit on Uzbekistan for next year. Can’t wait!

We saw the Caucasus from the Georgian side, up near the Russian border. Staggering. We were in a van hurtling down a road and saw some nice hazy mountains, and I was like “oh, those look like the Blue Ridge mountains. Very pleasant.” About ten minutes later I looked up and literally lost my breath at the mountains towering over the first mountains. Those were the Caucasus.
  • yirara
    Options
    Aww, that sounds so amazing @springlering62 I really need to explore more of Georgia as I've only been around Kutaisi and Tbilisi so far. Uzbekistan sounds amazing as well! So happy for you <3 Though I've just found a fairly affordable flight ticket to Azerbaijan for next year. Yeah, I know about the conflict of course, but I still want to know more about the country and people there.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you didn't (apparently) have to eat vegetables while on your trip. Living on fresh baked things sound like a vacation I would love.

Also, you may as well frame that 10,000 Likes badge. You won't get shout-outs at 20,000 :neutral: