123457»

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meldickman
    Options
    I have heard of this and its been around for a lond time and written about in all kinds of health and diet magizines. I have tried it before and do drink alot of cold lemon water witch is not as good but still good.
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Great info! Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna try it!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I warm up the water just a little past room temperature, as if i'm about to make tea, and I squeeze half of a lemon into a full glass of water, then I eat oatmeal or fresh fruit for breakfast. It definitely gets your bowels moving lol but I feel more refreshed!! It's definitely worth a try if you can get past the sour taste!! And I just drink the glass before I eat breakfast in the morning, and you can also do a glass before bed but I haven't started that yet, if at all!

Here is a link explaining it all!! http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/

I don't do in the morning.................I drink 16 oz of ice cold water upon waking in the morning to get wide awake and it makes me feel alive............

I do the warm lemon water before bed as my ND (naturopathic Dr) told me that doing it before bed when you won't be eating for several hours intensifies the detox affects.
    This makes more sence. I think I will try it this way. I dont want to get my bowels moving before I hit the gym and I dont have time in the morning to wait and have a bm.
  • marcusj73
    Options
    That mix helps to clean your liver so that it can begin to get rid of the excess fat and toxcins. I usually do it once every other month. Because after you have excercised for a while you have pshed so much fat to your liver it slows down processing.
  • livelaughlove43
    Options
    This does work. I used to do it regularly. Thanks for reminding of it...I'm starting back up tomorrow!:smile:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    OMG!!! I did this right before bed and it killed my stomach!! The taste was not bad but it kinda catches you in the back of your throat, like a real dry feeling. I will not be doing it again but it did work lol.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do this in the morning and it really does help to curb my cravings!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I used to Drink lemon water when I was a teen. Helped back then...I will try it again.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Come-at-me-Bro-meme-9.jpg
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    it is meant to be drank upon waking on an empty stomach. it helps to clean out the old waste in the bowels(gets them working). It also helps to get rid of the bloat.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can read this later. Thanks for sharing.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i drink this throughout the day as i don't like cold water but haven't seen any weight loss from it - so unless you enjoy it, like i do, i wouldn't bother.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Bump!
  • rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Started this today!!!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I squeeze a half of a lemon into about 8 ounces of room temperature water. I do that before i eat anything, so basically when i first wake up. I don't know if i've noticed anything significant from it, but maybe it's a peace of mind. It's suppose to help your digestive system. Doesn't hurt, so why not.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I try to do this as often as possible but sometimes it just makes me pee too much that I skip days! I take a large mug and fill it 1/4 of the way with room temp water then fill it the rest of the way with hot water and the juice of 1/2 lemon + a little sprinkle of cayenne pepper. I drink it through a straw to avoid the acid hitting my teeth. It is a good daily cleanse. I follow it up with 8 oz of water and don't eat anything for at least an hour after.

Here is where I got my info about it [url] http://foodbabe.com/2011/12/27/habits-for-the-new-year-and-beyond-1-drink-lemon-water/ [/url]