Divorced/new me!

Options
Hello!
My name is Lisa and im starting my fitness journey all over again. Divorce really took a hit on my health such as prioritizing putting my physical health first. Survival tends to take over. Im looking for other friends in the same situation looking to encourage each other. Cant wait for the new me the more confident me. :)

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,047 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the community!!
  • JDun7646
    JDun7646 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck 👍🏻
  • schavezabril
    schavezabril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im not divorced but I want a new me!!!! Starting this journey again.... alsoo, you got this.. !
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Go get the new you awesome 👍💪
  • seidyduhh
    seidyduhh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree... I too have decided it was time to make myself priority. At times it can be difficult to stay motivated but keep reminding yourself why you started. Don't over stress on the scale, I've been the same weight for a couple of months but continue to lose inches.
  • spmdpa
    spmdpa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a pound for 2 months, I was supposed to be on 900 calories a day, but since pomegranate season just arrived and I am crazy about them I have been eating 2 large ones at night, as snack come to find out the two have 1300 calories. OMG!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    spmdpa wrote: »
    I haven't lost a pound for 2 months, I was supposed to be on 900 calories a day, but since pomegranate season just arrived and I am crazy about them I have been eating 2 large ones at night, as snack come to find out the two have 1300 calories. OMG!

That sounded extremely high to me for fruit so I looked it up. Unless your pomegranates are monstrous, you have a bad entry. According to the USDA, a pomegranate that weighs 282 grams is 234 calories. Maybe you got an entry that was in kJ?

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169134/nutrients

Also, you can and should eat a lot more than 900 calories to lose weight. If you're not, you're using other bad entries, but ones that are lower in calories than they should be.

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public. In the app, go to Settings > Diary Setting > Diary Sharing > and check Public. Desktop: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Ian_mc84
    Ian_mc84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @lisas6142 welcome to the community. Not divorced but understand what you mean about putting self first after some time. Did that in May this year after months of saying I’ll do it and now about 10kg lost (7 of which tracking on my fitness pal) good luck on your journey and if you fancy mutual motivation feel free to add me as a friend.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you can do this!