New

Options
I'm back again. I still don't know how to use the app. Thats why I stopped. But my coach wants me to log my daily food intake. So someone please help me out, that would be great. Thanks 😊

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,047 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,752 Member
    Options
    @ramonamontano72, I've found the community here really helpful. But we'd be more able to help if you could ask more specific questions. What are you having trouble with?

Definitely read some of the posts in the areas Nova suggested in the post above. There's a lot of good stuff in there. Yes, this takes some effort and attention from you. But it will be worth it, and your coach will approve.

Maybe start with this post:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Don't let the joke title put you off. The content is solid information, safe for school/work, and all that kind of thing.

After that, try getting your profile set up, and try logging some food. Then come back and ask specific questions. It's best to post under a post subject/title that gives people a hint about what kind of question is inside (not something generic like "help me!").

If you keep at it, you will figure this out, if you actually want to do it. I think that effort will pay off for you.

Best wishes!
  • TeresaWJ
    TeresaWJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MFP is s-o-o worth it if you are dedicated to tracking. If you are not, don't try and force yourself -- it just won't work for you. Not everyone can dedicate themselves to detailed tracking process on a daily basis. The purpose of tracking is not to control you or shame you, but to enable you to help yourself by educating you about values (calories, carbs, fats, protein) of foods you are consuming. When I first started, I was shocked by the values of foods I was eating. Once I discovered my biggest pitfall areas, I was able to adjust my eating habits to a more balanced diet for my needs. But, without tracking (for me) that would never have happened. I am now a walking dictionary about food values. Anytime a question comes up at a family gathering about food values, they always turn to me to answer that question!

Here's a hint that may help: If you eat approximately the same thing for a meal most days (like cereal for breakfast, or a favorite meal you have frequently), just figure out the value for that meal and you can easily copy it from day-to-day or create as a "remembered meal" for easy logging. You can always create "my foods" that will also make easier logging. And, how much you eat is often more important than what you eat, so be honest on portion size.

Don't know why you need to track (sports training, weight, or health issues), so not real sure how critical tracking (or not) will be for your situation. But if it is critical (i.e. health reasons), even if you don't use MFP, at least just use a notepad to jot down meal notes to discuss with your coach. Your health is worth that much effort.